Any changes/modifications/transformations happening?

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Chap
God

Re: Any changes/modifications/transformations happening?

Post by Chap »

Oh. So your religion isn't a religion?

Neat!

(Have you read the Dao De Jing by any chance? It rather sounds as if you have.)
Maksutov:
That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.
Mayan Elephant:
Not only have I denounced the Big Lie, I have denounced the Big lie big lie.
ceeboo
God

Post by ceeboo »

Hey Morley!
Good to see you.
Morley wrote:
Sat Jul 31, 2021 2:28 pm

So, Allah.
I assume you are suggesting the God of Islam and perhaps the Koran?

Surely you are not suggesting (or comparing) that the religion of Islam and their religious book (the Koran) provide us with a similar number evidences to consider and evaluate - an equal number of reliable sources to consider - a similar amount of authors - a similar historical record - a similar span of time written - an equal number of eyewitnesses writers who lived at the same time as other eyewitnesses as the Bible. Are You?
Morley
God

Post by Morley »

ceeboo wrote:
Sat Jul 31, 2021 3:18 pm
Hey Morley!
Good to see you.
Morley wrote:

So, Allah.

Surely you are not suggesting (or comparing) that the religion of Islam and their religious book (the Koran) provide us with a similar number evidences to consider and evaluate - an equal number of reliable sources to consider - a similar amount of authors - a similar historical record - a similar span of time written - an equal number of eyewitnesses writers who lived at the same time as other eyewitnesses as the Bible. Are You?
It's good to see you here, Ceeboo.

Of course I am. The three you mentioned are all prophets in Islam. The Quran refers to the narratives, prophets, and teachings in the Bible dozens of times.
Chap
God

Post by Chap »

ceeboo wrote:
a similar number evidences to consider and evaluate - an equal number of reliable sources to consider - a similar amount of authors - a similar historical record - a similar span of time written - an equal number of eyewitnesses writers who lived at the same time as other eyewitnesses as the Bible.
Are we to understand that Ceeboo wishes us to treat the narrative texts of the Old Testament as eyewitness accounts whose authorship was contemporary with the events they claim to describe?
Maksutov:
That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.
Mayan Elephant:
ceeboo
God

Post by ceeboo »

Morley wrote:
Sat Jul 31, 2021 3:29 pm
ceeboo wrote:
Hey Morley!
Good to see you.

Of course I am.
Okay - If you see them as equally reliable and equally verifiable (The Koran and the Bible) by all of the historical data and evidences then I have nothing of value to add. I will just leave it there.
The three you mentioned are all prophets in Islam. The Quran refers to the narratives, prophets, and teachings in the Bible dozens of times.
So what? The Book of Mormon (as well as other religious books) references the same three as well. What does merely referencing people in the Bible have to do with evaluating, measuring and/or considering the evidences of the Bible?
ceeboo
God

Post by ceeboo »

Chap wrote:
Sat Jul 31, 2021 3:02 pm
Oh. So your religion isn't a religion?

Neat!
Chap,

Unfortunately, because of your last few replies to me, I have been advised by the "Atheists Community That Provides Solid And Rational Arguments Against Believers Of Biblical Christianity" that you have been terminated, effective immediately. I guess they have not been very happy with your representation and they are going to be sending someone else to take your place within 24 hours.
Chap
God

Post by Chap »

ceeboo wrote:
Sat Jul 31, 2021 3:53 pm
"Atheists Community That Provides Solid And Rational Arguments Against Believers Of Biblical Christianity"
No such body is necessary.

Look, you are the guy who needs to persuade us that we need to take account of your deity thing. (OK, your Deity Thing, since the capital letters seem to be important to you.) Us atheists are (as the name implies) managing perfectly well without it.

Over the last couple of centuries, the world has changed: once you could perhaps assume, as you seem to, that an atheist would feel obliged to explain to a theist why they did not share that approach to the world. Now things are increasingly the other way round. And "But look at the Bible! Can't you see it's God's Word?" just doesn't cut it any more.
Maksutov:
Mayan Elephant:
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Morley wrote:
ceeboo wrote:
Sat Jul 31, 2021 2:17 pm

I would highly recommend that you consider the One True God - The Almighty God of the Bible (The God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob)
So, Allah.
Three Abrahamic traditions.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Lem
God

Post by Lem »

Chap wrote:
Sat Jul 31, 2021 4:19 pm
ceeboo wrote:
Sat Jul 31, 2021 3:53 pm
"Atheists Community That Provides Solid And Rational Arguments Against Believers Of Biblical Christianity"
No such body is necessary.

Look, you are the guy who needs to persuade us that we need to take account of your deity thing...
And only because he decided to inform everyone on the board that...
ceeboo wrote:
Fri Jul 30, 2021 9:01 pm
Nobody lives without God in this world. Nobody! - they might not believe or they might have doubts but...... (Just wanted to set the board's record straight.) :)
:roll:
Morley
God

Post by Morley »

ceeboo wrote:
Sat Jul 31, 2021 3:45 pm
What does merely referencing people in the Bible have to do with evaluating, measuring and/or considering the evidences of the Bible?
I think that's the question everyone is asking. What does Ceeboo's "merely referencing people in the Bible have to do with evaluating, measuring and/or considering the evidences of the Bible?" Every faith tradition with roots in the Abrahamic religions does the same thing. Wouldn't you agree?