Any changes/modifications/transformations happening?

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
ceeboo
God

Re: Any changes/modifications/transformations happening?

Post by ceeboo »

Icarus wrote:
Sat Jul 31, 2021 7:25 pm
and almost all of which were instigated by white supremacists?

Much of the destruction and violence was started by Right Wingers who were doing so just to delegitimize the protests.

Lem
God

Post by Lem »

Chap wrote:
Sat Jul 31, 2021 7:27 pm
ceeboo wrote:
Sat Jul 31, 2021 7:06 pm
Yeah, your statement clearly shows that you have never read the Bible.
Err, you are sorta wrong there.
It was pretty obvious he was, but thanks for giving more details, that was very interesting.
ceeboo wrote:
Sat Jul 31, 2021 7:14 pm
Morley wrote:
Sat Jul 31, 2021 5:34 pm

Nobody lives without organic evolution in this world.
That reminds me of the first time I was introduced to the whale-raccoon (?) hypothesis. That was so entertaining. Hopefully record of it wasn’t lost during the ‘20-21 Board shift.
ceeboo
God

Post by ceeboo »

OOOPS
Last edited by ceeboo on Sat Jul 31, 2021 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Icarus
Bishop

Post by Icarus »

ceeboo wrote:
Sat Jul 31, 2021 7:43 pm

Feel free to list all the killings that took place during the protests that were in no way instigated by counter-protesters. I mean, you wouldn't be trolling would you?
ceeboo
God

Post by ceeboo »

Icarus wrote:
Sat Jul 31, 2021 7:58 pm

Feel free to list all the killings that took place during the protests that were in no way instigated by counter-protesters. I mean, you wouldn't be trolling would you?
Look, I'm not interested in this type of back and forth with you - I thought your post was filled with absurd suggestions - So much so that I replied with laughter.

Morely posted something like - since Jan 6th he was less willing to attempt reasoning with idiots. (I happen to agree with him that there were a lot of idiots on display on Jan 6th - As a matter of personal opinion, I found the events of Jan 6th to be horrific!) But....... I wondered about his start date so I asked him.

I am still waiting for his reply.
Morley
God

Post by Morley »

ceeboo wrote:
Sat Jul 31, 2021 7:21 pm
Morley wrote:
Sat Jul 31, 2021 5:45 pm

Since January 6, I've been less willing to attempt reasoning with idiots.
Jan 6th?

Were you "less willing to attempt reasoning with the idiots" that were looting, destroying people's personal property and burning down cities all over America for over an entire year before Jan 6th? Or did this all start for you on the exact date you mention?
No, it occurred on the 6th of January. When 45 was elected, I thought that I needed to talk to, understand, and reason with those I disagreed with. After the insurrection--where rioters injured police guarding the center of government, tried to find and detain our Vice President, threatened to kill members of Congress, broke into and destroyed parts of our nation's capitol--I realized dialogue with some folks was probably impossible.

Destruction of personal property during BLM is not the same as violent rioting in the Capitol in order to stop the functioning of government and to overturn an election.

Now Ceeboo, do you actually have responses to the other issues I mentioned about the Bible? Or is all you can muster just one photo of a whale? I'm trying to determine if you're serious or not.
Morley
God

Post by Morley »

ceeboo wrote:
Sat Jul 31, 2021 8:07 pm
Morely posted something like - since Jan 6th he was less willing to attempt reasoning with idiots. (I happen to agree with him that there were a lot of idiots on display on Jan 6th - As a matter of personal opinion, I found the events of Jan 6th to be horrific!) But....... I wondered about his start date so I asked him.

Your post timestamp: Sat Jul 31, 2021 1:21 pm. This post timestamp: Sat Jul 31, 2021 2:07 pm

Less that an hour after your post and you're expressing impatience that you haven't received an answer.

Ha! Edit because I can't do math.
Last edited by Morley on Sat Jul 31, 2021 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Atlanticmike
God

Post by Atlanticmike »

Ceeboo, I think you're serious and I can tell you're a great poster. Don't get drawn in by the posters that are looking for an argument.
ceeboo
God

Post by ceeboo »

Morley wrote:
Sat Jul 31, 2021 8:14 pm
ceeboo wrote:
Sat Jul 31, 2021 7:21 pm

Jan 6th?

Were you "less willing to attempt reasoning with the idiots" that were looting, destroying people's personal property and burning down cities all over America for over an entire year before Jan 6th? Or did this all start for you on the exact date you mention?
No, it occurred on the 6th of January. When 45 was elected, I thought that I needed to talk to, understand, and reason with those I disagreed with. After the insurrection--where rioters injured police guarding the center of government, tried to find and detain our Vice President, threatened to kill members of Congress, broke into and destroyed parts of our nation's capitol--I realized dialogue with some folks was probably impossible.
I'm still a little confused.
Are you merging the people who gathered and engaged the Capital with all the people who voted for Trump in 2016? If I am not understanding, please clarify.
Destruction of personal property during BLM is not the same as violent rioting in the Capitol in order to stop the functioning of government and to overturn an election
Here, I will go first: The people who broke into the Capital are idiots. I think they engaged in criminal behavior, they should be investigated and prosecuted under the law. I think the VERY SAME thing should happen to all of the other idiots who engaged in criminal behavior during the rioting, looting and destruction of others peoples personal property that happened across America over the previous several moths. They should also be investigated and prosecuted under the law.

Do you agree or not?
Now Ceeboo, do you actually have responses to the other issues I mentioned about the Bible?
Forgive me if I overlooked something, I have been engaged with a few people recently. I thought I have made my position concerning the Bible clear and I thought you made yours clear (That's why I said in an earlier post to you I mentioned that "I had nothing else of value to add and I will leave it there")
Or is all you can muster just one photo of a whale? I'm trying to determine if you're serious or not.
You think that's a fair comment? I have posted a lot of my thoughts in this thread. I posted the whale as a response to your evolution post because I thought you might think it was funny. Come on Morley.
ceeboo
God

Post by ceeboo »

Morley wrote:
Sat Jul 31, 2021 8:24 pm
ceeboo wrote:
Sat Jul 31, 2021 8:07 pm

Your post timestamp: Sat Jul 31, 2021 1:21 pm. This post timestamp: Sat Jul 31, 2021 2:07 pm

Less that a half hour after your post and you're expressing impatience that you haven't received an answer.
Good Lord!

I wasn't expressing impatience (but thanks for the time stamps) - I was answering another poster about why I posted what I did.

Good grief bro!