Any changes/modifications/transformations happening?

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Doctor Steuss
God

Re: Any changes/modifications/transformations happening?

Post by Doctor Steuss »

ceeboo wrote:
Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:04 am
Greetings!

I hope this finds all of you well. :)
I'm not exactly sure what the reasons are (although I think I may know some of the underlying culprits) but I have changed, or at least softened, my stances on a variety of things over the last several months. This has prompted me to ask this community the following:

Have any of you changed/modified/transitioned any of your previously held positions/beliefs/thoughts/stances? If so, would you be willing to share what changed and perhaps provide reasons why this/these changes have taken place.

Thanks in advance,

Ceeboo
I’ve somewhat drifted from agnostic to something more along the lines of a pantheistic monistic deist… or some such cobbled together quasi-contradictory words sammiched so I can slap a label on my ever-shifting views of the divine.

Not sure exactly what changed. I think part of it was from a resolution to try to get back to parts of “me” that had gone dormant. Making a conscious effort to be less pessimistic, and earnestly search for the everyday beauty in the world, and humanity.

I’ve also been listening to a lot of music the last few months. Being cocooned in others’ artistic expression has a tendency to untether me slightly from the fortress of my innards.
Gadianton
God

Post by Gadianton »

Ceeboo wrote:Have any of you changed/modified/transitioned any of your previously held positions/beliefs/thoughts/stances?
Yes. I now believe the vaccine is a social experiment by the government. If there's a real pandemic going on, it's vitamin D deficiency. Check out this sleight of hand. Experts say that the so-called "virus" was underway in late 2019 and early 2020. This diagnosis was long after the fact, and if anything, we had a bad flu season. Within the first months of 2020, the elites socially constructed a virus via fear mongering in the mainstream media. But did you know anyone sick or dying back then? Nope. A feedback loop of governmental power mongering manifest, and soon we had shutdowns. Schools, jobs, restaurants all closing down meant people were spending vastly longer indoors and not getting enough sunlight. You see where this is going, don't you? But that's just the start. Depression and hopelessness followed to fester the wound and ultimately, the deaths mounted. And we just can't escape it. Michel Foucault once noted a derailed refrigeration car ended in a dozen deaths of people who'd been inside. But when the disaster was investigated, it turned out the temperature had only been 55 degrees. Further proof is look at Ajax and all the people he knows. Every one of them both had Covid and got the Vaccine yet none of them got sick at all. These are people whose immune systems work properly due to adequate time outdoors, a protestant work ethic, and optimistic beliefs. I got pretty sick from both of my vaccinations. I think if I did it over again, I might not get sick. I've been seeing a homeopath though to get vitamin D infused directly into my blood to combat the tracking devices.

Anyway, good to have you drop in and hope all is well.
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Doctor Steuss wrote:
Thu Jul 29, 2021 8:49 pm
ceeboo wrote:
Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:04 am
Greetings!

I hope this finds all of you well. :)
I'm not exactly sure what the reasons are (although I think I may know some of the underlying culprits) but I have changed, or at least softened, my stances on a variety of things over the last several months. This has prompted me to ask this community the following:

Have any of you changed/modified/transitioned any of your previously held positions/beliefs/thoughts/stances? If so, would you be willing to share what changed and perhaps provide reasons why this/these changes have taken place.

Thanks in advance,

Ceeboo
I’ve somewhat drifted from agnostic to something more along the lines of a pantheistic monistic deist… or some such cobbled together quasi-contradictory words sammiched so I can slap a label on my ever-shifting views of the divine.

Not sure exactly what changed. I think part of it was from a resolution to try to get back to parts of “me” that had gone dormant. Making a conscious effort to be less pessimistic, and earnestly search for the everyday beauty in the world, and humanity.

I’ve also been listening to a lot of music the last few months. Being cocooned in others’ artistic expression has a tendency to untether me slightly from the fortress of my innards.
Nice! I've been working on letting go of my pessimism, too. I hadn't realized how much of it I was dragging around.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Gadianton wrote:
Fri Jul 30, 2021 2:28 am
Ceeboo wrote:Have any of you changed/modified/transitioned any of your previously held positions/beliefs/thoughts/stances?
Yes. I now believe the vaccine is a social experiment by the government. If there's a real pandemic going on, it's vitamin D deficiency. Check out this sleight of hand. Experts say that the so-called "virus" was underway in late 2019 and early 2020. This diagnosis was long after the fact, and if anything, we had a bad flu season. Within the first months of 2020, the elites socially constructed a virus via fear mongering in the mainstream media. But did you know anyone sick or dying back then? Nope. A feedback loop of governmental power mongering manifest, and soon we had shutdowns. Schools, jobs, restaurants all closing down meant people were spending vastly longer indoors and not getting enough sunlight. You see where this is going, don't you? But that's just the start. Depression and hopelessness followed to fester the wound and ultimately, the deaths mounted. And we just can't escape it. Michel Foucault once noted a derailed refrigeration car ended in a dozen deaths of people who'd been inside. But when the disaster was investigated, it turned out the temperature had only been 55 degrees. Further proof is look at Ajax and all the people he knows. Every one of them both had Covid and got the Vaccine yet none of them got sick at all. These are people whose immune systems work properly due to adequate time outdoors, a protestant work ethic, and optimistic beliefs. I got pretty sick from both of my vaccinations. I think if I did it over again, I might not get sick. I've been seeing a homeopath though to get vitamin D infused directly into my blood to combat the tracking devices.

Citizen Kane clap. Well done, sir. But remember, the vitamin D won't activate unless you are grounded with a chain of paper clips attached to your pants.
he/him

Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Gadianton wrote:
Fri Jul 30, 2021 2:28 am

I saw an article someplace today that gave statistics of vitamin D deficiency among the sick and/or possibly deceased. Vitamin D deficiency seems to be over-represented in the data.

I take a crap ton of Vit D3 compared to most and have done so for several years. Probably a good thing.

And yes I'm sure you're not being totally serious, but still. Check out the stats.
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

I'm not going to search around for the Vit D article I saw. Here's a link to a recent study.

Vitamin D deficiency is associated with COVID-19 positivity and severity of the disease

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/33512007/
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Fri Jul 30, 2021 2:50 am
I'm not going to search around for the Vit D article I saw. Here's a link to a recent study.

Vitamin D deficiency is associated with COVID-19 positivity and severity of the disease

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/33512007/
The association makes some sense, at least in my area. If you're indoors cuz its raining, you're not making Vitamin D. Transmissibility is relatively higher indoors. I haven't looked to see if the study controlled for that.
he/him

Atlanticmike
God

Post by Atlanticmike »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Thu Jul 29, 2021 7:37 pm
Atlanticmike wrote:
Thu Jul 29, 2021 6:51 pm

Would you mind explaining what you mean by living in your own head? I probably live in my own head also😂.
Have you ever taken a personality test like the MBTI? If not, that's probably a good idea. There's tests online that you can take.

Try a Myers Briggs Type Indicator test or Keirsey Temperament Sorter test online. Those are better than nothing. I am sure there are more tests available, but those mainly are the two assessment tools used.
I took all kinds of psychological test when I was a teenager. Nothing lately though. I was a wreck when I was young. Dropped out of three high schools, went to a Presbyterian boys home where my mom and dad had to sign me over to the state. Got in a lot of fights. All kinds of medications tried, none work, at all! I took myself off of all medications a while ago and control my thoughts and moods with meditation and music. So I kinda live in my head also. This might sound weird, but I look at my mind as a long hallway with many doors on either side. When I meditate I'll lay down and lock or unlock certain doors that I want to go in or avoid depending on my mood. I'll concentrate and think positive thoughts until the positivity is stronger than the negativity. If I'm feeling really off and can tell I'm overwhelmed or somewhat depressed I'll usually only have one positive thought throughout the day to keep it simple. But I'll constantly repeat it over and over and over. If my head is spinning from anxiety I'll listen to the hardest music I have on my phone, it helps slow down the "tornado" spinning in my head.
The reason I haven't left or even have a desire to leave Mormonism is because I still have that door open in my mind, it beneficial to me. I still receive positive vibes from that room.
So!! How crazy was that story😂? You think I live in my head??
Atlanticmike
God

Post by Atlanticmike »

ceeboo wrote:
Thu Jul 29, 2021 1:02 pm
Hey again A-Mike
Atlanticmike wrote:
Thu Jul 29, 2021 12:28 pm
As a Mormon I don't like being called a christian
I don't think I have ever heard this from a Mormon before. Interesting.
nothing against christians, I just think Mormonism trying to fit inside the tent of Christianity will make Mormonism irrelevant.
I don't think I have ever heard this perspective from a Mormon before either. :) Again, very interesting.

Thanks for sharing!
Ceeboo early Mormonism railed against Christianity here's a Brigham Young quote "with a regard to True theology, a more ignorant people never lived than the present so-called Christian world."

"the Christian World, so-called, are heathens as to the knowledge of the Salvation of God"

"the time came when paganism was engrafted into Christianity, and at last Christianity was converted into paganism rather than converting the pagans. And subsequently the priesthood was taken from among men, this Authority was recalled into the heavens, and the world was left without the priest it without the power of God without the Church and Kingdom of God."

The Brethren are trying to fit inside the christian tent because in their minds it provides safety and they hope it will make Mormonism "normal". I disagree! I think Mormonism should stand alone. If Mormonism is the true gospel then it doesn't need to seek shelter inside Christianity. Mormons have grown soft over the years.
ceeboo
God

Post by ceeboo »

Morning A-Mike
Atlanticmike wrote:
Fri Jul 30, 2021 11:14 am

Ceeboo early Mormonism railed against Christianity
Understood.
here's a Brigham Young quote "with a regard to True theology, a more ignorant people never lived than the present so-called Christian world."

"the Christian World, so-called, are heathens as to the knowledge of the Salvation of God"

"the time came when paganism was engrafted into Christianity, and at last Christianity was converted into paganism rather than converting the pagans. And subsequently the priesthood was taken from among men, this Authority was recalled into the heavens, and the world was left without the priest it without the power of God without the Church and Kingdom of God."
I don't remember seeing this BY quote before but I do thank you for for providing it.
The Brethren are trying to fit inside the christian tent because in their minds it provides safety and they hope it will make Mormonism "normal".
I am certain that I don't know what The Brethren are trying to do (nor do I suggest that I know what's in their minds) so I guess your guess would be as good as mine.
I disagree! I think Mormonism should stand alone.
I think it surely does - no question about it.

Thanks for all the back and forth. :)