Should spreading HIV be legal?

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Chap
God

Re: Should spreading HIV be legal?

Post by Chap »

Chap wrote:
Sun Aug 01, 2021 12:27 pm
Moksha wrote:
Sat Jul 31, 2021 5:59 am
Gadianton has exposed a fundamental flaw in current conservatism: It cares nothing for the wellbeing of the general public. If they did care then they would be in favor of curtailing the spread of dangerous diseases.
It would be interesting to hear evidence on the other side of this claim. Can we have some examples, please, of how leading Republican politicians such as Mitch McConnell have recently advocated effective actions to limit the spread of the COVD virus? If so by whom, when, and what were the actions proposed?
Let's see: Moksha claims conservatives aren't 'in favor of curtailing the spread of dangerous diseases.'.

So I am offering a chance to give evidence to the contrary - one or two examples would do.
Maksutov:
That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.
Mayan Elephant:
Not only have I denounced the Big Lie, I have denounced the Big lie big lie.
Morley
God

Post by Morley »

Cultellus wrote:
Sun Aug 01, 2021 10:04 pm
Chap wrote:
Sun Aug 01, 2021 9:41 pm

So I am offering a chance to give evidence to the contrary - one or two examples would do.
BS. Let Moksha give the straight up evidence supporting his claim.
Moksha maintains there's no evidence that Trump worshippers care about the public well-being. I agree with you that he should be required to give evidence that there's no evidence. Or something.
Morley
God

Post by Morley »

He may have already done it. Evidence of no evidence is nothing.
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

Morley wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 1:31 am
He may have already done it. Evidence of no evidence is nothing.
Lol. It’s a shame that you had to explain that one. Someone wasn’t paying attention. ; )
Chap
God

Post by Chap »

Cultellus wrote:
Sun Aug 01, 2021 10:04 pm
Chap wrote:
Sun Aug 01, 2021 9:41 pm

B.S.. Let Moksha give the straight up evidence supporting his claim. We owe it to Moksha. He deserves the whole stage and we should let him have it without a preemptive pushback.
No, that is not a reasonable demand.

If there is a dispute between two people in which someone says:

(a) I do not think there are any unicorns, because I have never seen any or heard reliable accounts of their having been seen. So I am working on the basis that there are no unicorns.

It is not a valid answer to say:

(b) Ah, but can you prove that there are no unicorns somewhere that you have not looked, or where nobody else has looked?

If that reply was acceptable, we would have to permanently suspend disbelief about the existence of any fantasy object anybody cared to claim existed. After all, it might be found buried deep below the surface of planet X a trillion light years away. How can we know?

In this case Moksha, (who we may assume, on the basis of his posts, is reasonably well informed on current affairs) is in effect saying that he knows of no examples of (let's limit this to a particular case) conservatives advocating measures that will limit the spread of COVID. Replying "Ah, but can you prove that no conservative has ever advocated such measures?" is not a valid reply. If you don't like his opinion, you can either ignore it or give an example of a conservative advocating such actions. One will do.
Maksutov:
That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.
Mayan Elephant:
Not only have I denounced the Big Lie, I have denounced the Big lie big lie.
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Chap wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 9:18 am
In this case Moksha, (who we may assume, on the basis of his posts, is reasonably well informed on current affairs) is in effect saying that he knows of no examples of (let's limit this to a particular case) conservatives advocating measures that will limit the spread of COVID.
Cultellus might cite the encouragement to ingest bleach, as a cure for COVID-19, as an example of Conservative caring. Of course, I would point to their track record on masks, getting vaccinated, and dismantling the pandemic response team before the crisis hit. I do not think any evidence would persuade Cultellus.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

Moksha wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 9:32 am
Cultellus might cite the encouragement to ingest bleach, as a cure for COVID-19, as an example of Conservative caring. Of course, I would point to their track record on masks, getting vaccinated, and dismantling the pandemic response team before the crisis hit. I do not think any evidence would persuade Cultellus.
To be fair, Trump did refer to ‘disinfectant’, so Cultellus and other fans of The Former Guy’s advice might prefer options like Lysol, instead.
Atlanticmike
God

Post by Atlanticmike »

Icarus!!!! Come on pencil dick!! You're missing all the fun