Codify Thread Starter Rights and Get a Mod Team

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Jersey Girl
God

Codify Thread Starter Rights and Get a Mod Team

Post by Jersey Girl »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Thu Aug 05, 2021 5:12 am
With equal respect, I don’t classify Shades as a mere moderator. He’s the big cheese or the grand poobah, or the founder or something. ;)
With continuing respect, Shades is a great many things. He is not omnipresent. And that's a fact, Jack.
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Jersey Girl
God

Re: Codify Thread Starter Rights and Get a Mod Team

Post by Jersey Girl »

Lem wrote:
Thu Aug 05, 2021 5:27 am
Shades is a big picture moderator. He sets Jubilees, splits off important threads and eliminates in real life threats that might cause legal Issues. The every day tasks of moderation don’t seem to interest him. And he seems very entertained by trolls, so all in all, I’d have to agree with Jersey Girl that in this case, our one “moderator,” whatever you decide to call him, isn’t the same as having a moderated board.
Legalistically speaking, this board has no moderators. At all.
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Atlanticmike
God

Post by Atlanticmike »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Thu Aug 05, 2021 4:06 am
Res Ipsa wrote:
Thu Aug 05, 2021 3:54 am

I may have said that poorly. Based on my own experience, one moderator is probably sufficient.
With all due respect, we wouldn't be having this conversation if one moderator were sufficient.
Yes!!!! Let's get back to when this place was an ECHO CHAMBER!! Jersey girl was happier when her butt buddies could throw insults without getting pushback. Dumbass!!!
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Thu Aug 05, 2021 6:01 am
Res Ipsa wrote:
Thu Aug 05, 2021 5:12 am
With equal respect, I don’t classify Shades as a mere moderator. He’s the big cheese or the grand poobah, or the founder or something. ;)
With continuing respect, Shades is a great many things. He is not omnipresent. And that's a fact, Jack.
I can see I'm not being clear. I think we need a new moderator -- someone in addition to Shades.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Atlanticmike
God

Post by Atlanticmike »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Thu Aug 05, 2021 3:42 pm
Jersey Girl wrote:

I can see I'm not being clear. I think we need a new moderator -- someone in addition to Shades.
Shades is doing a great job! You're complaining because your butt boys are getting push back and you progressives start melting when someone offers a different opinion. Much like an Orthodox Mormon.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Jersey Girl wrote:

Oh I see. You were being civil, though. ;-) It's just a good thing that the trollists haven't found an interest in the personalities in the Terrestrial Forum. Without a new moderator (I still say, a plurality of mods) that would really pose a problem.

Slava Ukraini!
Atlanticmike
God

Post by Atlanticmike »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Thu Aug 05, 2021 8:03 pm
Res Ipsa wrote:

Oh I see. You were being civil, though. ;-) It's just a good thing that the trollists haven't found an interest in the personalities in the Terrestrial Forum. Without a new moderator (I still say, a plurality of mods) that would really pose a problem.
I have no interest posting in the terrestrial forum. That should tell you something, like I'm not trying to be a troll. I would like to post here but I can't without being insulted because of my political views. Like I said before, stop the personal insults and I'll calm down. I'll start threads we can discuss that I think you might find interesting also. Keep insulting me and I will be a boil in between your butt cheeks.
Lem
God

Post by Lem »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Thu Aug 05, 2021 8:03 pm
Res Ipsa wrote: …I think we need a new moderator -- someone in addition to Shades.
Even a temporary mod would be better than nothing, the way it’s going.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Scene: A dimly lit home office. The camera pans slowly across the room, revealing bookshelves crammed with various leather-bound DnD tomes and anime dolls. What little wall is visible is covered by a J-pop poster, Perfume. Low-slung sofas and comfortable upholstered chairs are placed casually around the room. A single light bulb hangs from an ad hoc light fixture in the middle of the room, struggling to cast enough light.

No sounds are heard as the camera pans, save the occasional clicking at desk top computer.

A sonorous male voice speaks, almost intoning: "I appreciate the fact that you've brought this to my attention, Jersey Girl, but I have a certain … policy."

The speaker is not yet revealed, as the camera continues to slowly pan across the book shelves -- now we can clearly see titles, "Manga Psychology", "Quantum Physics in Anime", "Alien Lifeforms and Sex with Humans", "A Treatise on Perfume, 1996-2015", ...

The view now pans across a smallish faux mahogany desk. A man of about 50 years sits at the desk. At ease in his domain. His fingertips are pressed together in a gesture of control, rather than contemplation. The slightly arched, but furrowed brow suggests an air of aloof confidence. He speaks again, to the unseen listener, who has not yet replied.

"I once had a trusted … moderator, madame."

His dark eyes, cold with calculation, stare into the camera that has now slowly panned to his face, framing his serious features.

"But he left without so much as a goodbye."

The camera cuts to the monitor on his desk, the open tab reveals www.discussmormonism.com.

"A dozen years. A friendship." A pause, a slight sneer forms.

"I admire your board, Dr. Shades!", his voice mirthful, but with an edge of malice.

The camera, now focuses on the monitor, on Dr. Shades’ inbox, outgoing messages.

EA.
EA.
EA.
EA.

All unopened.

"I thought we were friends." says the man with the sonorous voice, as the scene fades to black.

"I’ll never replace you.”
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Some Schmo
God

Post by Some Schmo »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Thu Aug 05, 2021 10:01 pm
Scene: A dimly lit home office. The camera pans slowly across the room, revealing bookshelves crammed with various leather-bound DnD tomes and anime dolls. What little wall is visible is covered by a J-pop poster, Perfume. Low-slung sofas and comfortable upholstered chairs are placed casually around the room. A single light bulb hangs from an ad hoc light fixture in the middle of the room, struggling to cast enough light.

No sounds are heard as the camera pans, save the occasional clicking at desk top computer.

A sonorous male voice speaks, almost intoning: "I appreciate the fact that you've brought this to my attention, Jersey Girl, but I have a certain … policy."

The speaker is not yet revealed, as the camera continues to slowly pan across the book shelves -- now we can clearly see titles, "Manga Psychology", "Quantum Physics in Anime", "Alien Lifeforms and Sex with Humans", "A Treatise on Perfume, 1996-2015", ...

The view now pans across a smallish faux mahogany desk. A man of about 50 years sits at the desk. At ease in his domain. His fingertips are pressed together in a gesture of control, rather than contemplation. The slightly arched, but furrowed brow suggests an air of aloof confidence. He speaks again, to the unseen listener, who has not yet replied.

"I once had a trusted … moderator, madame."

His dark eyes, cold with calculation, stare into the camera that has now slowly panned to his face, framing his serious features.

"But he left without so much as a goodbye."

The camera cuts to the monitor on his desk, the open tab reveals www.discussmormonism.com.

"A dozen years. A friendship." A pause, a slight sneer forms.

"I admire your board, Dr. Shades!", his voice mirthful, but with an edge of malice.

The camera, now focuses on the monitor, on Dr. Shades’ inbox, outgoing messages.

EA.
EA.
EA.
EA.

All unopened.

"I thought we were friends." says the man with the sonorous voice, as the scene fades to black.

"I’ll never replace you.”
Meanwhile, on a resort beach in Barbados, a 40ish man lies on a deck chair sipping some exotic, fruity-looking drink with a salted rim. He swipes his iPad, taps the screen and chuckles.

"...never going back to that place. Those new trolls are too stupid to moderate..."
Religion is for people whose existential fear is greater than their common sense.

The god idea is popular with desperate people.