Codify Thread Starter Rights and Get a Mod Team

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Jersey Girl
God

Re: Codify Thread Starter Rights and Get a Mod Team

Post by Jersey Girl »

Cultellus wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 5:46 pm
Interesting, Jersey G. Very interesting.

There is a built-in governor though. That good old boy thing that Res Ipsa is protecting would allow the group to see a comment about cocksucking as on-topic or an inside joke. Where the new troll or poster would be a threat to the established way things roll. What you are proposing would homogenize the group even more.
No. When most of us see a comment like that, we pass on it. Because we understand why it's being said. What you are doing is building on it and in doing so, you are constructing a derail that throws the discussion off topic. Derails are against the rules here.

You have the ability to create a new thread and call out anyone you want. There's no homogenizing the group going on at all. You're free to say anything you want on this board so long as it's done according to the rules that govern the board. You aren't a threat to the group. You're damned up people's crap here. If you want to call out someone then you (how many times did I say this already) start a new thread for that purpose.

If there is one thing that most all of us have in common here, it's that we are independent thinkers. What you are seeing here isn't consensus. What you are seeing is a group of posters who are old hands at how this board works and knows how to function within the rules that govern it. Except for the nuclear weapon, of course.

Write your own new chapter (by creating a new thread) instead of tearing the pages out of our book (thread) and throwing them all over the room.
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
ceeboo
God

Post by ceeboo »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 5:39 pm
let's say you see a poster pose an off hand remark to another poster such as "How many cocks do you suck in between patients?"

Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

ceeboo wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 6:22 pm
Jersey Girl wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 5:39 pm
let's say you see a poster pose an off hand remark to another poster such as "How many cocks do you suck in between patients?"

Oh hush. I didn't make that up. It's a direct quote from a poster here that I used as an example. Don't shoot the messenger! :lol:
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
ceeboo
God

Post by ceeboo »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 6:32 pm

Oh hush. I didn't make that up.
I know - I was just playing (Because it was you) :)
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

ceeboo wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 6:37 pm
Jersey Girl wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 6:32 pm

Oh hush. I didn't make that up.
I know - I was just playing (Because it was you) :)
Ding me for the swearage. Oh wait. That's me, too.

Slava Ukraini!
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Cultellus wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 6:15 pm
Jersey Girl wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 6:09 pm
Write your own new chapter (by creating a new thread) instead of tearing the pages out of our book (thread) and throwing them all over the room.
I did.
Great. Fab. Superior. Kumbaya.

Slava Ukraini!
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Cultellus wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 1:30 pm
His offense is not that his MO is unacceptable. It is that his MO is the same as Icarus et al and that is unacceptable.
His mindset stems from a more TBM worldview. It is that mindset which causes friction rather than posting style. If you are the MD&D poster Ahab as AtlanticMike suggested, then you know what I am talking about.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Linking to this thread posted by Lem. It illustrates a couple of issues going on here. If you are short on time, just read today's exchanges on that thread.

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=478

ETA: If you look at the more recent replies, you'll see a potential derail in progress.

Slava Ukraini!
Atlanticmike
God

Post by Atlanticmike »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Tue Aug 03, 2021 9:12 pm
Linking to this thread posted by Lem. It illustrates a couple of issues going on here. If you are short on time, just read today's exchanges on that thread.

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=478

ETA: If you look at the more recent replies, you'll see a potential derail in progress.
“F” Lem!!! She's an idiot !!
Lem
God

Post by Lem »

Atlanticmike wrote:
Wed Aug 04, 2021 12:38 am
Jersey Girl wrote:
Tue Aug 03, 2021 9:12 pm

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=478

“F” Lem!!! She's an idiot !!
:lol: Our troll seems to be imploding. On multiple threads.