The Big Lie -- Follow the Money

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Res Ipsa
God

The Big Lie -- Follow the Money

Post by Res Ipsa »

I read an interesting piece in the New Yorker this morning. The article untangles the various efforts underway to reduce voter participation in elections to the organizations and individuals that are financing the efforts. Some of this folks could probably guess without reading the article. But the article is well written and provides a nice overall picture of what may appear to be disparate efforts that aren't so disparate at all. https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q ... yV_fjUGfvz
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Re: The Big Lie -- Follow the Money

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Ha. Patrick Byrne:
In 2019, Byrne announced that he had had a romantic relationship with Russian agent Maria Butina and also made claims in support of a deep state conspiracy theory. Byrne also claimed the FBI encouraged him to have a sexual relationship with Butina. Insurers' fears that Overstock could not control Byrne's "personality and public comments" ultimately led to his departure.

Byrne resigned his board seat and position as CEO of Overstock.com on August 22, 2019, after his affair with Butina was revealed
He has quite the reputation here in Utah. He’d often be at work coked out of his mind, and was well-known to bed many-a-willing employee as long as there were ample drugs at his parties.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

I’m always amused when people like
Mitchell … “I don’t think we can say with certainty who won.” She told me that there were countless election “irregularities,” such as voters using post-office boxes as their residences, in violation of state law. “I believe there were more illegal votes cast than the margin of victory,” she said
They were more than welcome to provide the evidence, and then work with the Georgia election commission and FBI to prosecute the individuals who broke the law.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Icarus
Bishop

Post by Icarus »

But, but, Hunter Biden!
Atlanticmike
God

Post by Atlanticmike »

Icarus wrote:
Tue Aug 03, 2021 8:36 pm
But, but, Hunter Biden!
What do you know about Hunter Biden pencil penis.