Question About The Board Rules

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
ceeboo
God

Question About The Board Rules

Post by ceeboo »

All

So, I just read the "Board Rules"

Here is Universal Rule #4 Do not "derail" threads or otherwise insert commentary that has nothing to do with a thread's opening post. - Man, I break that rule constantly! :lol:

Anyway, my question has to do with another one of the "Board Rules" and I was hoping someone might have an answer - or a guess?. It's this board rule "No specific temple content allowed." I really don't care either way but this rule did strike me as a little odd. Why is "specific temple content" not allowed?

Thanks in advance.
Cultellus

Re: Question About The Board Rules

Post by Cultellus »

Be careful what you wish for.
Last edited by Cultellus on Thu Aug 12, 2021 6:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Atlanticmike
God

Post by Atlanticmike »

ceeboo wrote:
Tue Aug 03, 2021 11:24 pm
All

Here is Universal Rule #4 Do not "derail" threads or otherwise insert commentary that has nothing to do with a thread's opening post. - Man, I break that rule constantly! :lol:

Anyway, my question has to do with another one of the "Board Rules" and I was hoping someone might have an answer - or a guess?. It's this board rule "No specific temple content allowed." I really don't care either way but this rule did strike me as a little odd. Why is "specific temple content" not allowed?

Thanks in advance.

Good luck big guy!! Love ya Buddy 😁
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

ceeboo wrote:
All

Thanks in advance.
Ceebs long ago it related to posting temple content such as words held sacred to LDS that were recited in the Temple and also images of Temple garb. I haven't looked in Telestial lately but if memory serves, there are posts there that do both. I could be wrong so don't go by me.
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Atlanticmike
God

Post by Atlanticmike »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Wed Aug 04, 2021 12:47 am
ceeboo wrote:
All

Thanks in advance.
Ceebs long ago it related to posting temple content such as words held sacred to LDS that were recited in the Temple and also images of Temple garb. I haven't looked in Telestial lately but if memory serves, there are posts there that do both. I could be wrong so don't go by me.
You've never been to the temple!! They don't jersey assholes in the temple
ceeboo
God

Post by ceeboo »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Interesting.

Thanks!
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

ceeboo wrote:
Wed Aug 04, 2021 2:19 am
Jersey Girl wrote:
Interesting.

Thanks!
Faithful LDS folks consider discussions of the contents of the temple ordinances sacrilegious except when the discussions take place in the temple itself. So, all mentions of contents of the ceremonies was relegated to Telestial, to permit them to participate in Terrestial without having to encounter profane treatment of something they hold sacred. I’ve always thought it was a sensible accommodation to facilitate conversation between POLDSF and others.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Atlanticmike
God

Post by Atlanticmike »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Wed Aug 04, 2021 3:54 am
ceeboo wrote:

Interesting.

Thanks!
Faithful LDS folks consider discussions of the contents of the temple ordinances sacrilegious except when the discussions take place in the temple itself. So, all mentions of contents of the ceremonies was relegated to Telestial, to permit them to participate in Terrestial without having to encounter profane treatment of something they hold sacred. I’ve always thought it was a sensible accommodation to facilitate conversation between POLDSF and others.
BS!!!!! You're just mad because you're a troll!!!
Atlanticmike
God

Post by Atlanticmike »

Icarus!!! You in here you fuckin Nazi!!!
ceeboo
God

Post by ceeboo »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Wed Aug 04, 2021 3:54 am
ceeboo wrote:

Interesting.

Thanks!
Hey RI

Seems like a sensible accommodation to me too.

Thanks for the informative post!