The Ignore Feature Sucks

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Icarus
Bishop

The Ignore Feature Sucks

Post by Icarus »

So for the first time ever, I tried out the "Foe" option, hoping it would block posts from those I put on the list. I tested it with the two morons who just joined, and on a scale of 1 to 10 I give the feature 5. While the troll's remarks are blocked from your immediate view, you still get notices every time he/she posts in the thread and you still see from the SP view that he/she was the last person to post. This allows the troll to succeed in their purposes by spamming the board with a plethora of short, idiotic quips on every thread.

Just look at how many threads this idiot posted to this morning within two hours. And in no example is he actually engaging in discussion. He's merely here to be a useless troll. And now it is clear that two posters cannot even engage with one another in innocuous discourse without these idiots jumping in to call someone fat or what not.
Slide1.jpg
Slide1.jpg (112.11 KiB) Viewed 1257 times
This forum was already fading away, but these idiots who apparently have all the time in the world from their mom's basements, have effectively accelerated that process and the board mod isn't going to do crap about it because quality of discussion has never meant a damn thing to him.

So, most of you know my in real life identity so feel free to hit me up on Facebook/Twitter if you haven't already.

Because I think I'm pretty much done here.
Atlanticmike
God

Re: The Ignore Feature Sucks

Post by Atlanticmike »

Hahahahahahaha๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚. I'm Icarus and if someone says something I don't like I'm going to block them๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚. You definitely we're a Mormon๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
You can't make this crap up! ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚.
Cultellus

Post by Cultellus »

Be careful what you wish for.
Last edited by Cultellus on Thu Aug 12, 2021 6:37 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Icarus, I hope you're not done for good, but just in need of a self-imposed time out. That's something I find helpful to me from time to time.

You and I have butted head several times on the board. I enjoy a good head butting session from time to time, and it seems like you do too. I'll miss that and your other contributions to the board.

In case you are indeed off to greener pastures:
Today I will walk out, today everything evil will leave me,
I will be as I was before, I will have a cool breeze over my body.
I will have a light body, I will be happy forever,
nothing will hinder me.
I walk with beauty before me. I walk with beauty behind me.
I walk with beauty below me. I walk with beauty above me.
I walk with beauty around me. My words will be beautiful.

In beauty all day long may I walk.
Through the returning seasons, may I walk.
On the trail marked with pollen may I walk.
With dew about my feet, may I walk.

With beauty before me may I walk.
With beauty behind me may I walk.
With beauty below me may I walk.
With beauty above me may I walk.
With beauty all around me may I walk.

In old age wandering on a trail of beauty,
lively, may I walk.
In old age wandering on a trail of beauty,
living again, may I walk.
My words will be beautiful.
Walk in Beauty, Icarus.
he/him
When I go to sea, donโ€™t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Some Schmo
God

Post by Some Schmo »

I'd like to believe these guys will get bored of being ignored at some point. Icarus, just check in from time to time and see when it happens. I suppose it's possible these guys will have no life forever, but we can hope they find something else to do.

It's not ideal, but the ignore feature does clean up the threads for you.
Religion is for people whose existential fear is greater than their common sense.

The god idea is popular with desperate people.
Cultellus

Post by Cultellus »

Last edited by Cultellus on Thu Aug 12, 2021 6:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

You get notice every time a foe posts...where exactly? Email notifications or something? I get no notifications at all about anything here. Ever.
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Cultellus

Post by Cultellus »

Last edited by Cultellus on Thu Aug 12, 2021 6:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Jersey Girl wrote: โ†‘
Thu Aug 05, 2021 7:58 pm
You get notice every time a foe posts...where exactly? Email notifications or something? I get no notifications at all about anything here. Ever.
When they quote you. But, no one is holding a gun to our heads to open a linked post. For example, over the last week Iโ€™ve been quoted by Water Dog and Pedantic Mike, but I just donโ€™t bother because theyโ€™re impotent Mormon cultists who have nothing to say of interest. Basically itโ€™s

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Atlanticmike
God

Post by Atlanticmike »

Some Schmo wrote: โ†‘
Thu Aug 05, 2021 6:37 pm
I'd like to believe these guys will get bored of being ignored at some point. Icarus, just check in from time to time and see when it happens. I suppose it's possible these guys will have no life forever, but we can hope they find something else to do.

It's not ideal, but the ignore feature does clean up the threads for you.

Icarus, if you're reading this I want you to know I actually don't want you to leave. So please stay sir! If you want me to stop posting so much all at once, stop calling me a troll and stop insulting me personally. That's all I ask
Again, I don't care if you attack Mormonism, rusty nelson
, Joe Smith, Jesus, republicans, Democrats, athiest trumpsters and ect. None of that bothers me, that's what forums like this are for. But the personal attacks against other posters is very concerning to me. I have a lot I would like to actually post and start threads about. Most of it has nothing to do with politics. But I feel like I can't because I already know without a doubt I'll be attacked just like Ajax, subgenius and other conservative posters. I would love to start threads talking about my Mormon beliefs! But why should I when I already know someone is going to attack me. You said above that most of what I post you can't even respond to, correct! Why should I post questions or try to get a response from people when I already know I'm going to be called a troll or an idiot? I started stleaet 25 or do threads over on md&d without offending people and got a lot of positive responses and I'd like to do that here.
I'm willing to calm down and act like a normal person as long as I know I can post without being insulted personally. So here's the deal! Basically we're talking about five hardheaded individuals that are being total assholes. Me, cultellus, you, schmo and Doc cam. I say we make a truce and stop insulting each other so we can post without being on the defensive. It would calm everything down as soon as we agree.