Be careful what you wish for.

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Jersey Girl
God

Re: Be careful what you wish for.

Post by Jersey Girl »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Wed Aug 25, 2021 7:10 pm
Dear Dr. Shades,

I am writing to give you an update from ground zero. I'm sorry to report that the presumably unemployed troll is now compulsively spamming the board for no apparent reason. Well, I could think of a few reasons but that would be mere speculation on my part. I don't know what all it's saying because I did what you said with the ignore feature.

I can tell you what it looks like. It looks like someone went to Jay and Silent Bob's Secret Stash, bought every comic book in the store (that is a LOT of comic books), tore them up into teeny tiny little pieces, threw all the pieces up in the air and now the pieces are all coming down on our collective heads. I could make a better analogy but you don't like it when I say crap.

You know what else they did Dr. Shades? They made a post the other day saying they could copulate us all in our biscuits at the same time. :shock: Actually they said something like “F” us all in the ass at the same time but I know you don't like it when I say “F” either, so I won't.

Did you know that all of my Dear Dr. Shades letters are now lost on the old corrupted board? That's why I have to make new ones. :D I think this board is being corrupted by the troll spamming. But don't you worry, Dr. Shades, I am staying the course.

I wait patiently for your return, huddled on my little island (the one in my head) while the sea crashes against the rocks around me. I can ride this out. I am a stubborn little thing, not that you would know. ;) I hope you are riding things out for yourself over there. I hope life is not being too hard on you. You can be okay, Dr. Shades. We can all be okay. Maybe Burger King will come back with that disgusting sandwich that you like. I will camp on that very thought for you, okay?

Ever in your service,

Jersey Girl

Dear Dr. Shades,

I am writing to tell you I don't know where you are. I want to ask, "How are you, Dr. Shades?" and then I want to say, "I'm good. Almost. I hope you are almost good, too."

If I think hard enough, I can almost hear you answer me. I wish I could pretend you into being here. I wish I could pretend you feeling better and then make it be real.

As of September 1st, I am back to school at Hogwarts! Train ride was good as usual. I am in Ravenclaw house again. I guess the Sorting Hat wasn't wrong about me all those years ago. Here is a bit of light reading to familiarize yourself with Ravenclaws

While Ravenclaws have a lot of positive traits, such as their intelligence and creativity, their introverted nature and perfectionism they can also make them more judgmental. They definitely think they are smarter and more put together than students from other houses.

Not very flattering! :shock: Unfortunately, it's probably all true.

I would like to know what house you are in but you are not here to tell me. What if I apparate to where you are? If you tell me where you are I will come, okay?

I hope life isn't being too unkind to you. I am no stranger to life's dark corners. I imagine that the rest of our friends here know what that is like, too. But we all feel it and find our way through it, each in our own way. I hope you are finding your way, Dr. Shades.

Yours truly from Hogwarts,

Jersey Girl

We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

Some Schmo wrote:
Wed Sep 01, 2021 5:57 pm
Xenophon wrote:
Wed Sep 01, 2021 4:03 pm
Show me a hole-in-the-wall burger joint with a recently imprisoned fry cook and I'm instantly interested.
Funny you mention this. When I was in my early twenties, I frequented this tiny little restaurant that you had to know was there or you'd completely miss it. It was inside an office building or something, and to be honest, I have no recollection of how I found it. All I remember is that I used to go there and for around 4 bucks, you could have a cheeseburger, fries and a drink, and read that day's newspaper. I loved that little dive. I thought their cheeseburgers were to die for.

I shudder now at the thought of how much I ate there. Oh, the things we get away with when we're young and single.
I just now read for the first time this little sub thread about food, and became instantly hungry, despite having recently had a good dinner. I have very eclectic tastes when it comes to food. You might say I have a strict see food diet. When I see food I eat it. High on my list of favorites, though, is sea food of almost all types (excluding sea urchin, though, which I tried once in Korea, and didn't like it at all). I guess it's the Norwegian in me. My dear mother was wonderful at preparing Norwegian fish recipes. My dear wife learned some of my mother's best recipes, along with her American mother's best recipes, so I get the best of two worlds. Now, thanks to you guys, I feel a strong urge to turn off my laptop and make myself a before bedtime snack. So, good night all!
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Gunnar wrote:
Sun Sep 05, 2021 9:26 am
My dear wife learned some of my mother's best recipes, along with her American mother's best recipes, so I get the best of two worlds.
Lutefisk a la king? Just kidding.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

Moksha wrote:
Mon Sep 06, 2021 5:00 am
Gunnar wrote:
Sun Sep 05, 2021 9:26 am
My dear wife learned some of my mother's best recipes, along with her American mother's best recipes, so I get the best of two worlds.
Lutefisk a la king? Just kidding.
:lol: One Norwegian dish my wife has never prepared for me is lutefisk. For that matter, even my dear Norwegian mother never served us properly prepared lutefisk, as far as I can recall. It was never a family favorite, and I think even few Norwegians really like it. I have found out, though, that when prepared correctly, which even few Norwegians really know how to do, it can be quite tasty, when served with the right condiments and smothered with boiled potatoes and a melted butter sauce. Preparing it for serving is quite an involved process which, I understand, includes soaking the dried fish for hours in several changes of fresh water over a period of a day or more to leach out the lye used to preserve it. It is understandable why even few Norwegians bother with it. The real virtue of it is that the dried lutefisk can be safely stored without spoilage almost indefinitely, without the need for refrigeration. With the ready availability of modern refrigeration, this is obviously no longer a strong selling point.
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

PSA: The Bat Signal is about to be returned to storage. If anyone has further need, speak now or forever hold your peace. Amen.

For the Board,

Jersey Girl
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Wed Aug 25, 2021 7:10 pm
Dear Dr. Shades,

I am writing to give you an update from ground zero. I'm sorry to report that the presumably unemployed troll is now compulsively spamming the board for no apparent reason. Well, I could think of a few reasons but that would be mere speculation on my part. I don't know what all it's saying because I did what you said with the ignore feature.

I can tell you what it looks like. It looks like someone went to Jay and Silent Bob's Secret Stash, bought every comic book in the store (that is a LOT of comic books), tore them up into teeny tiny little pieces, threw all the pieces up in the air and now the pieces are all coming down on our collective heads. I could make a better analogy but you don't like it when I say crap.

You know what else they did Dr. Shades? They made a post the other day saying they could copulate us all in our biscuits at the same time. :shock: Actually they said something like “F” us all in the ass at the same time but I know you don't like it when I say “F” either, so I won't.

Did you know that all of my Dear Dr. Shades letters are now lost on the old corrupted board? That's why I have to make new ones. :D I think this board is being corrupted by the troll spamming. But don't you worry, Dr. Shades, I am staying the course.

I wait patiently for your return, huddled on my little island (the one in my head) while the sea crashes against the rocks around me. I can ride this out. I am a stubborn little thing, not that you would know. ;) I hope you are riding things out for yourself over there. I hope life is not being too hard on you. You can be okay, Dr. Shades. We can all be okay. Maybe Burger King will come back with that disgusting sandwich that you like. I will camp on that very thought for you, okay?

Ever in your service,

Jersey Girl

SHADES!!!!!

This could work in your favor, couldn't it?

Burger King celebrates 64 years of the Whopper with 37 cent throwback deal Friday, Saturday
https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/fo ... 834830002/

I mean, it's something, isn't it?

Slava Ukraini!