Be careful what you wish for.

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Jersey Girl
God

Re: Be careful what you wish for.

Post by Jersey Girl »

So Shades, when you told us to be careful what we wish for, does that include pepperoni, sausage, extra cheese and the dreaded pineapple? I have to admit, I'm a little leery of the pineapple people. And I can't even with the anchovy folks. What is up with that?

Be well, Shades. Be well.
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

Some Schmo wrote:
Sat Aug 28, 2021 6:10 pm
It really depends on the server. Some of them seem to be chatty superficially, just trying to increase their tip, and not really interested in the quality of their service. When I sense that, I just want them to go away.
I know what you mean there. I have had that type too. They come by every few minutes to fawn over you and ask if everything is OK. That gets to be annoying!
Other times, however, they are really sweet, genuine, and helpful, like they really care about your dining experience. I don't mind talking to them. Part of that character is knowing when to walk away.
Yes! That is the type I truly appreciate!
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

A 'thing of shame'

In fact, Bucolo says it's not even a real pizza. He calls it a "cross between a pizza and a piadina" -- the pizza-sized flatbreads from the Emilia-Romagna region.

https://www.cnn.com/travel/article/rome ... index.html

:)
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
MeDotOrg
2nd Quorum of 70

Post by MeDotOrg »

In the comedy series The Good Place, a hell that resembles heaven sells Hawaiian pizza and Yogurt instead of ice cream.

If you're a Pizza traditionalist, I recommend Tony Gemignani's in San Francisco. The original shop in North Beach has won a Gold Medal in Italy for their margherita pizza. It's just dough, tomato sauce, cheese and a little garnish. Tony has a Slice House on Haight Street where they make a variation of the margherita call the Grandma. The Grandma is my favorite slice of pizza in the universe. They also have a Coal Fired oven in their North Beach Shop.
The great problem of any civilization is how to rejuvenate itself without rebarbarization.
- Will Durant
"Of what meaning is the world without mind? The question cannot exist."
- Edwin Land
Some Schmo
God

Post by Some Schmo »

This thing about Hawaiian pizza reminds me of the MDB board where people pretended they all hated mayonnaise. It's just weird.
Religion is for people whose existential fear is greater than their common sense.

The god idea is popular with desperate people.
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

Some Schmo wrote:
Mon Aug 30, 2021 2:23 pm
This thing about Hawaiian pizza reminds me of the MDB board where people pretended they all hated mayonnaise. It's just weird.
Lol. Schmo, if I ever win a lottery where the prize is a year’s supply of mayo and/or pineapple pizza, I will happily hand that gift over to you. At least I know that it’ll be better appreciated, that way.

Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

canpakes wrote:
Mon Aug 30, 2021 3:02 pm
Some Schmo wrote:
Mon Aug 30, 2021 2:23 pm
Lol. Schmo, if I ever win a lottery where the prize is a year’s supply of mayo and/or pineapple pizza, I will happily hand that gift over to you. At least I know that it’ll be better appreciated, that way.

I like Mayo on my burgers, but that photo made me gag.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Lem
God

Post by Lem »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Mon Aug 30, 2021 3:21 pm
canpakes wrote:
Mon Aug 30, 2021 3:02 pm

I like Mayo on my burgers, but that photo made me gag.
Me too, but seriously, yuck.

(Although I did get some minor grief over asking for mayo on hamburgers out here w my NYC crowd when I first arrived some decades ago. Maybe it's a western thing?)
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Lem wrote:
Mon Aug 30, 2021 4:49 pm

(Although I did get some minor grief over asking for mayo on hamburgers out here w my NYC crowd when I first arrived some decades ago. Maybe it's a western thing?)
Could be a western thing. I didn't appreciate the variety in US food culture until I lived for a bit on the east coast. It was pretty eye opening.

I was raised on Miracle Whip, which is an abomination and tantamount to putting whitewash on food. But my former mother in law taught microbiology, and so there was anti-mayo propaganda at work in my early life. Now, I'm solidly on team Mayo.

But look again at that picture. Both the color and the texture look off. I think that might be whipped cream. :o
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Lem
God

Post by Lem »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Mon Aug 30, 2021 4:57 pm
Lem wrote:
Mon Aug 30, 2021 4:49 pm

Could be a western thing. I didn't appreciate the variety in US food culture until I lived for a bit on the east coast. It was pretty eye opening.

I was raised on Miracle Whip, which is an abomination and tantamount to putting whitewash on food. But my former mother in law taught microbiology, and so there was anti-mayo propaganda at work in my early life. Now, I'm solidly on team Mayo.

But look again at that picture. Both the color and the texture look off. I think that might be whipped cream. :o
The picture isn't very clear for me, but I did try to look closer. I think you're right. Then thoughts of Ambrosia salad came to mind (on a burger?!!), so I had to stop. :D