2020 Election Night

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Moksha
God

Re: 2020 Election Night

Post by Moksha »

If Biden does win, Republicans might return to their former election mantra of "one dollar, one vote".
Last edited by Moksha on Thu Nov 05, 2020 3:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

canpakes wrote:
Thu Nov 05, 2020 2:35 am
Jersey Girl wrote:
Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:59 am
I couldn't believe the guy was just sitting there with that flag display. Like what is that? A "look at me" moment?
Maybe he figures that this is his last chance to unload his stash of Trump swap meet merch.
No clue. As soon as I spotted it I was wishing I had snapped a pic but I was alone so I couldn't act fast enough if I wanted to. Don't go over that part of town often. If I do I'll take a look.
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

What do you think about the Trump armed agents in the ballot counting rooms?

If Biden does win, the best way to blend in with unruly Trump rioters is to not wear a mask. Also, the shouts, "Up with tyrants" and "Only white male property holders should vote" might help.
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

Moksha wrote:
Thu Nov 05, 2020 3:38 am
Also, the shouts ... "Only white male property holders should vote" might help.
Don’t do this. It’s more than three words; you’ll instantly out yourself as an elitist in disguise.
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

canpakes wrote:
Thu Nov 05, 2020 3:43 am
Moksha wrote:
Thu Nov 05, 2020 3:38 am
Also, the shouts ... "Only white male property holders should vote" might help.
Don’t do this. It’s more than three words; you’ll instantly out yourself as an elitist in disguise.
I threw that in for the strict Constitutional constructionists in the crowd. White male property owners were the ones allowed to vote in America's early elections - basic Whigs and Federalists stuff. This would have benefited Trump immensely, although forgoing all elections and declaring himself a divine-rights-ruler would have been more to his liking.
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

subgenius wrote:
Wed Nov 04, 2020 12:43 pm
Gunnar wrote:
Wed Nov 04, 2020 8:16 am
There is still a fair to middling chance that Biden will win the presidency, when all the votes are finally counted, but if the Democrats fail to flip the Senate to a Democrat majority, our democracy is still in jeopardy, especially considering the fact that McConnell won reelection to another term.
Yes, free and fair elections are putting our democracy in jeopardy. As opposed to how your irrational emotional hyperbole is keeping it safe.
It is not free and fair elections putting our democracy in jeopardy. It is unmistakably corrupt people like Trump and McConnell who are putting our democracy in jeopardy. Just getting rid of Trump is only a small (and may yet prove to be insufficient) start to obviating that jeopardy.
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.
Some Schmo
God

Post by Some Schmo »

Gunnar wrote:
Thu Nov 05, 2020 11:49 am
subgenius wrote:
Wed Nov 04, 2020 12:43 pm
Yes, free and fair elections are putting our democracy in jeopardy. As opposed to how your irrational emotional hyperbole is keeping it safe.
It is not free and fair elections putting our democracy in jeopardy. It is unmistakably corrupt people like Trump and McConnell who are putting our democracy in jeopardy. Just getting rid of Trump is only a small (and may yet prove to be insufficient) start to obviating that jeopardy.
Just a friendly reminder, Gunnar: subgenius is a moron. I'm only pointing that out because you're answering him like he's not a moron, as though he might absorb the information you're typing. That won't happen, because, as a moron, he refuses to learn (mostly out of an inability to learn, due to his ongoing status as a moron).
Religion is for people whose existential fear is greater than their common sense.

The god idea is popular with desperate people.
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

Some Schmo wrote:
Thu Nov 05, 2020 2:40 pm
That won't happen, because, as a moron, he refuses to learn (mostly out of an inability to learn, due to his ongoing status as a moron).
Either that, or he is every bit as dishonest and immoral as Trump and those who enable him. With the evidence of Trump's dishonesty and corruption as abundant and compelling as it is, it may just be the case that subgenius is one of those fools who would rather remain a fool than admit he was wrong and thereby admit to having been such a fool. And the more compelling and abundant the still growing evidence against Trump, the greater a fool he would have to admit having been for having ever believed in and supported Trump in the first place.

Yet there have been rare occasions that even subgenius has submitted posts that made actual sense and valid points that I even complemented him on. Of course this may be only because he is just smart enough to realize that even the most egregious liar has to tell the truth or make sense once in a while to have any chance of getting others to believe any of the lies. In fact, the more egregious the liar, the more important and frequent the necessity of occasionally slipping in something undoubtedly true, in order to build any credibility at all for the lies and nonsense.
Last edited by Gunnar on Thu Nov 05, 2020 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Gunnar,

No. Subjenius is legitimately stupid. That’s why I’ve pared down my responses to him. He only understands:

——o O o——

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Thu Nov 05, 2020 6:01 pm
Gunnar,

No. Subjenius is legitimately stupid. That’s why I’ve pared down my responses to him. He only understands:

——o O o——

- Doc
Probably so, and he obviously thinks that all of us are the stupid ones. He is an outstanding, textbook example of the Dunning Kruger effect, as much as or, perhaps, even more so than his hero, Trump.