Netflix

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Res Ipsa
God

Re: Netflix

Post by Res Ipsa »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Wed Sep 08, 2021 5:19 pm
Sledge wrote:
Wed Sep 08, 2021 2:22 pm
Also, if you haven't been watching TV, what do you do with your free time? (Real question.)
The last time I followed any kind of television programming at all was the summer when Caylee Anthony went missing and even then, I never sat in front of the tv and simply watched it. I'd be working on something else at the same time.

Anyway, all of my time is free time now, in the sense that I can do what I want for as long as I want and whenever I want. I choose not to spend it watching tv because I feel like it doesn't hold any real value for me or hold my interest.

I do follow a small collection of youtubers who upload once or twice a week. Oh I and do watch The View on youtube, but not every day. I follow and research murder cases start to finish online. So...what else do I do? Um, well...it depends on the season I guess. I live out in the sticks so my lifestyle is probably a bit different? I garden (indoor and outdoor), getting ready to can jam and dehydrate some stuff. Right now we're doing forest management (dirty work) which means I'm dragging wood around on the property, putting it in piles, sawing the limbs off some trees, and getting it ready to load and deliver. It's the first step in our preparation for winter. All roads lead to winter around this place.

I've been to our local farmer's market a couple or three times. I rejoined an association of artisans and crafters, I've been making product since January and now packaging it for sale in fall. I do the usual, cook/clean/pick up groceries routines, maintenance on the house, serve and visit with family. Otherwise I spend time talking to the cat, the deer, watching out for bears, listening to the quiet and smelling the trees. :-)

I'd typically travel in summer but haven't for the past 2 years. No one knows why. ;-)

In winter I take online classes that usually last 6 weeks each. I recently discovered a good online Bible devotional I'm going to continue using over winter. I read, make stuff, learn stuff, I don't know, dance in the kitchen...I show up here and interact, I increase my work on two online support groups during winter. Whatever. I just do stuff. :lol:

I know it looks like I'm here all day long but I'm not really here. I'm off doing things and only pop in and out of the computer. Anything else you wanna know? :lol:
Are you currently following any cases?
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
SirPoopsaLot
Sunbeam

Post by SirPoopsaLot »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Wed Sep 08, 2021 5:19 pm
Sledge wrote:
Wed Sep 08, 2021 2:22 pm
Also, if you haven't been watching TV, what do you do with your free time? (Real question.)
The last time I followed any kind of television programming at all was the summer when Caylee Anthony went missing and even then, I never sat in front of the tv and simply watched it. I'd be working on something else at the same time.

Anyway, all of my time is free time now, in the sense that I can do what I want for as long as I want and whenever I want. I choose not to spend it watching tv because I feel like it doesn't hold any real value for me or hold my interest.

I do follow a small collection of youtubers who upload once or twice a week. Oh I and do watch The View on youtube, but not every day. I follow and research murder cases start to finish online. So...what else do I do? Um, well...it depends on the season I guess. I live out in the sticks so my lifestyle is probably a bit different? I garden (indoor and outdoor), getting ready to can jam and dehydrate some stuff. Right now we're doing forest management (dirty work) which means I'm dragging wood around on the property, putting it in piles, sawing the limbs off some trees, and getting it ready to load and deliver. It's the first step in our preparation for winter. All roads lead to winter around this place.

I've been to our local farmer's market a couple or three times. I rejoined an association of artisans and crafters, I've been making product since January and now packaging it for sale in fall. I do the usual, cook/clean/pick up groceries routines, maintenance on the house, serve and visit with family. Otherwise I spend time talking to the cat, the deer, watching out for bears, listening to the quiet and smelling the trees. :-)

I'd typically travel in summer but haven't for the past 2 years. No one knows why. ;-)

In winter I take online classes that usually last 6 weeks each. I recently discovered a good online Bible devotional I'm going to continue using over winter. I read, make stuff, learn stuff, I don't know, dance in the kitchen...I show up here and interact, I increase my work on two online support groups during winter. Whatever. I just do stuff. :lol:

I know it looks like I'm here all day long but I'm not really here. I'm off doing things and only pop in and out of the computer. Anything else you wanna know? :lol:
Canned jam is a wonderful laxative.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Wed Sep 08, 2021 5:34 pm
Are you currently following any cases?
I'm waiting for the Stauch case to go to trial which could be when hell itself freezes over since Letecia has been playing her usual games and the pandemic hasn't helped anything. There was a recent arrest in the Suzanne Morphew disappearance, they took her husband into custody. The Morphew case is another case without a body, like the Frazee case. Can NOT wait to see the forensics in that one.

I've tried to follow the Daybell/Vallow case but the thing is so darned convoluted, I've lost the narrative at this point. Keeping a watch on the Summer Wells disappearance and that, too, is becoming a social media shitstorm.

Stephanie Harlowe just finished a 3 part series on the Todt Family murders. I watched all three parts on Sunday while making product. She did a 6 part (?) series on Bonnie and Clyde over summer. Damn, that woman can tell a story! Next month is Harloween! I turned my niece on to Stephanie. She's totally in the tank for her like I am.

She's like a sickness in my brain...
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Doctor Steuss
God

Post by Doctor Steuss »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Wed Sep 08, 2021 2:07 pm
Doctor Steuss wrote:
Tue Sep 07, 2021 8:21 pm
If you enjoy supernatural shows, I thought The Haunting of Hill House was an absolute masterpiece. From the cinematography (lots of single-shot scenes, exquisite lighting, etc.) to the intricate dialogue, it is an incredible work of art.

The follow-up series, The Haunting of Bly Manor, on the other hand, was an epic let-down. It was hard to believe that the two shared creation genealogy. I couldn't even make it all the way through the series.
I agree on both. I thought Hill House was just stunning.
I started re-watching it over the weekend, and good gravy, the single-shot funeral home scenes are absolutely mind-boggling how they pulled them off so flawlessly. It's just as good (if not better) the second time around.

Remember that one time I recommended the series? That was cool. I think I’ll do it again. Right now.
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Doctor Steuss wrote:
Mon Sep 13, 2021 8:05 pm
Res Ipsa wrote:
Wed Sep 08, 2021 2:07 pm

I agree on both. I thought Hill House was just stunning.
I started re-watching it over the weekend, and good gravy, the single-shot funeral home scenes are absolutely mind-boggling how they pulled them off so flawlessly. It's just as good (if not better) the second time around.

Remember that one time I recommended the series? That was cool. I think I’ll do it again. Right now.
Yeah, the single shot scenes and the 360 revolutions are amazing. I may need to rewatch as well.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
MeDotOrg
2nd Quorum of 70

Post by MeDotOrg »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Mon Sep 06, 2021 9:00 pm
If you've got any Netflix shows you've really enjoyed, feel free to list them here and tell us why you liked them!
I think BoJack Horseman is one of the best written shows on the internet.
The great problem of any civilization is how to rejuvenate itself without rebarbarization.
- Will Durant
"Of what meaning is the world without mind? The question cannot exist."
- Edwin Land
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

I forgot to mention this one I watched a couple of weeks ago.

Bob Ross Happy Accidents, Betrayal & Greed.

I found it interesting and it left me feeling angry, sad,and perplexed. I'm skeptical of every claim that was made and would require more evidence, but that is just me. If true, the controversy is at bare minimum, disheartening.
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Just saw that this is coming to Netflix on Sept 28. I am not a fan, but I'm interested in her story.

Britney vs Spears | Official Trailer | Netflix
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SgFDWK_sf9c

Slava Ukraini!
Gadianton
God

Post by Gadianton »

Midnight Mass. Not sure what it's really supposed to be about to be honest. But, religion is the central theme and the writers actually understand religion. The Priest is the same guy from Tell Me Your Secrets, which wasn't about much but impossible to stop watching.
Lem
God

Post by Lem »

Jersey Girl, I think you might really like Making It, Amy poehler's show with nick offerman.