Netflix

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Lem
God

Re: Netflix

Post by Lem »

Doctor Steuss wrote:
Tue Sep 07, 2021 8:21 pm
If you enjoy supernatural shows, I thought The Haunting of Hill House was an absolute masterpiece. From the cinematography (lots of single-shot scenes, exquisite lighting, etc.) to the intricate dialogue, it is an incredible work of art.

The follow-up series, The Haunting of Bly Manor, on the other hand, was an epic let-down. It was hard to believe that the two shared creation genealogy. I couldn't even make it all the way through the series.
Speaking of supernatural, have you watched any of Evil? Season 1 on CBS, season 2 on paramount.
Lem
God

Post by Lem »

And "9 perfect strangers." wow, what a cast.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Lem wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 5:05 am
Jersey Girl, I think you might really like Making It, Amy poehler's show with nick offerman.
Is that a Netflix thing or regular television?
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Lem
God

Post by Lem »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 5:19 am
Lem wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 5:05 am
Jersey Girl, I think you might really like Making It, Amy poehler's show with nick offerman.
Good question, I don't have cable any more, let me check... ok. It's NBC.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Lem wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 5:35 am
Jersey Girl wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 5:19 am

Good question, I don't have cable any more, let me check... ok. It's NBC.
I'll search it up and read about it. I've only managed to turn the tv to regular programming once. I know...I'm pa-thetic. :oops:

ETA: Maybe I can watch it on youtube! I will look!
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 9:58 pm
Just saw that this is coming to Netflix on Sept 28. I am not a fan, but I'm interested in her story.

Britney vs Spears | Official Trailer | Netflix
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SgFDWK_sf9c
Not Netflix. Same topic as above. Here's an interview about a new upcoming documentary. This is going to be on HULU and something something NYT FX (?) tonight.

Run time is 7:13 minutes.

1st look at ‘The New York Times Presents: Controlling Britney Spears’ documentaryl GMA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzQMYCXgxVM

Slava Ukraini!
Doctor Steuss
God

Post by Doctor Steuss »

Lem wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 5:12 am
Speaking of supernatural, have you watched any of Evil? Season 1 on CBS, season 2 on paramount.
I have tried a few times. My brain can't seem to stop seeing the priest as Luke Cage.
Lem
God

Post by Lem »

Doctor Steuss wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 4:02 pm
Lem wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 5:12 am
I have tried a few times. My brain can't seem to stop seeing the priest as Luke Cage.
I hear you. I was never so disconcerted as when I saw Andre, first seen by me as the very seriously portrayed leader of the revolution from the Snowpiercer series, show up in a DoorDash Sesame Street commercial, ordering sushi, (and “ramen, burgers, tandoori chicken, milk and, of course, cookies”.…) with Cookie Monster.

If you followed the Snowpiercer series and really want your mind blown check out Andre rapping the Rubber Duckie song.

“Where’s that duckie man….Squeeze him! You heard me….”
:D
Last edited by Lem on Mon Sep 27, 2021 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Xenophon
God

Post by Xenophon »

Not sure it is up everyone's alley here but I thought the 4th and last volume of Dear White People was exceptionally good . I had thought the first volume was incredible but seasons 2 and 3 felt much more forced to me. They tied the whole thing up into a nice bow with some extra fodder for needling our current pandemic state.
He/Him

“If you consider what are called the virtues in mankind, you will find their growth is assisted by education and cultivation.”
― Xenophon
Doctor Steuss
God

Post by Doctor Steuss »

This isn't on Netflix, so I hope Jersey is ok with me commandeering the thread for a non-Netflix series recommendation.

We have HBO Max streaming through our phone plan, but I never venture over that way; however, a recent thread had me wander on over to it on the remote. Upon doing so, I got distracted from the real reason, and instead got sucked into Lovecraft Country. I am on episode 2, and thoroughly enjoying it.

Also, a bonus of HBO Max (I'm feeling silly that I've neglected the subscription) is that Part 1 of the new Dune is also streaming. I am still digesting it. I have watched the 1980's version so many times that it's taking a bit to get that out of my head. I will say though that the casting was pretty well done.