Biden Probable Winner according to FOX News

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Jersey Girl
God

Re: Biden Probable Winner according to FOX News

Post by Jersey Girl »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Thu Nov 05, 2020 2:30 am
Jersey Girl wrote:
Thu Nov 05, 2020 2:18 am

What is 538? And what is AJC that was mentioned above?

Should I be looking at those?
Fivethirtyeight.com is Nate Silver’s site. They are live-blogging election returns. They are very good number crunchers. AJC is the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, a respected Atlanta newspaper.

by the way, the latest totals from Maricopa County went 60-40 for Trump. If that continues, he is likely to win the state. Depends a little on Pima County,too.

So, more nail biting.
I've heard Nate Silver comment. Thanks!
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Icarus
Bishop

Post by Icarus »

"We just got a batch of about 74,000 Maricopa County votes that split 59-41 for Trump. This narrowed Biden’s statewide lead to about 79,000 votes. To close that gap, with about 418,000 ballots left to count statewide, Trump would have to win the remaining ballots … 59-41. One silver lining for Biden, though: A fair number of those remaining 418,000 ballots are in Pima County, which is bluer then Maricopa." - NATHANIEL RAKICH 538

"Earlier today, election officials in Pima County, Arizona, said there were between 26,000 and 34,000 early ballots left to count and the county will be updating daily as it makes its way through counting these and verifying an additional 18,300 provisional ballots, which can take longer than normal tabulation" - KALEIGH ROGERS 538

"Prior to this latest report from Maricopa, Arizona’s secretary of state had said that about 600,000 votes remained uncounted statewide and about 420,000 were in Maricopa County (Phoenix) specifically. If Trump were to win around 59 percent of all of those outstanding votes, it would be just enough to put him over the top. However, we don’t really know just how the remaining votes will trend." - GEOFFREY SKELLY 538
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Crazed Trump supporters were mau-mauing election headquarters in Clark County Nevada tonight. They view counting ballots as being harmful to the manifest destiny of Trump. They want Chancellor Trump to secure America über alles.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Here's a good Washington Post article that explains why some media outlets have called Arizona and some have not. https://www.washingtonpost.com/media/20 ... ona-biden/
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Thu Nov 05, 2020 2:52 pm
Here's a good Washington Post article that explains why some media outlets have called Arizona and some have not. https://www.washingtonpost.com/media/20 ... ona-biden/
ETA:
The Georgia secretary of state keeps revising the estimate of the number of absentee ballots remaining: The latest word is 61,367. That means Biden has to win at least 65 percent of them in order to take the lead.
Per 538 blog.
he/him

Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Thu Nov 05, 2020 2:14 am
Per 538, GA Secretary of State says 122K left to count. Biden would need about 66% of those to win.
How realistic is the hope that he will get that much?
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Gunnar wrote:
Thu Nov 05, 2020 6:32 pm
Res Ipsa wrote:
Thu Nov 05, 2020 2:14 am
Per 538, GA Secretary of State says 122K left to count. Biden would need about 66% of those to win.
How realistic is the hope that he will get that much?
Pretty realistic. Where the ballots are still outstanding, he's been over performing that percentage.
he/him

Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Watching John King manipulate this map makes things easier for me to understand where we're at. Trump can't win without PA. Biden doesn't need it.

John King: If Trump loses here, he's done
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yY61es0Vj_Y
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Thu Nov 05, 2020 6:49 pm
Watching John King manipulate this map makes things easier for me to understand where we're at. Trump can't win without PA. Biden doesn't need it.

John King has been doing the magic wall for so long that he's gotten quite good at it. On election night, his biggest problem was Blitzer interrupting.
he/him

Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Thu Nov 05, 2020 7:03 pm
Jersey Girl wrote:
Thu Nov 05, 2020 6:49 pm

John King has been doing the magic wall for so long that he's gotten quite good at it. On election night, his biggest problem was Blitzer interrupting.

I've watched him all along. I don't like the multiple scenarios early on. That's why I try not to pay attention to polls. Show me what's going on when it's down to the wire. That's what I want and he makes it understandable.

Slava Ukraini!