Biden Probable Winner according to FOX News

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Moksha
God

Re: Biden Probable Winner according to FOX News

Post by Moksha »

Moksha wrote:
Thu Nov 05, 2020 7:39 am
Crazed Trump supporters were mau-mauing election headquarters in Clark County Nevada tonight. They view counting ballots as being harmful to the manifest destiny of Trump. They want Chancellor Trump to secure America über alles.
Apparently, crazed Trump supporters have also been doing this in Detroit while chanting, "Stop the count".
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Listening to Trump's White House briefing made earlier today. He's losing his crap and projecting his ass off in real time. Write that down.
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Fri Nov 06, 2020 5:37 am
Listening to Trump's White House briefing made earlier today. He's losing his [vulgarity] and projecting his ass off in real time. Write that down.
As Lindsey Graham and Ted Cruz to that list. And don’t get me started on Steve “I’m a Leninist “ Bannon.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Nomomo
Priest

Steve Bannon suspended from Twitter

Post by Nomomo »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Fri Nov 06, 2020 5:44 am
Jersey Girl wrote:
Fri Nov 06, 2020 5:37 am
Listening to Trump's White House briefing made earlier today. He's losing his [vulgarity] and projecting his ass off in real time. Write that down.
As Lindsey Graham and Ted Cruz to that list. And don’t get me started on Steve “I’m a Leninist “ Bannon.
The Guardian.com wrote:Steve Bannon suspended from Twitter, faces YouTube removal after urging violence against US officials
Sam Levin Sam Levin
Steve Bannon, Trump’s former top adviser, has been suspended from Twitter and had a YouTube removed after he called for the beheading of Anthony Fauci and Christopher Wray.

Bannon urged violence against the nation’s leading coronavirus expert and the FBI director on his “war room” show where he asserted that the president would win re-election and that he should fire the two officials in his second term, Media Matters reported. Bannon then said: “I’d put the heads on pikes, right, I’d put them at the two corners of the White House as a warning to federal bureaucrats. You either get with the program or you’re gone – time to stop playing games.”

YouTube took down the episode today, though the channel remains up. A spokesperson told TechCrunch that it removed the video for “violating our policy against inciting violence”. The company did not immediately respond to the Guardian’s inquiry about its decision to keep the channel running. Bannon’s Twitter account was also taken down, and the company told the tech news site that it was “permanently suspended” for violating rules against glorifying violence.

Social media corporations have faced intense pressure to remove harmful content and misinformation surrounding the election. Facebook took down a pro-Trump “Stop the Steal” group earlier today due to “calls for violence”.
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/liv ... 20-updates
Xenophon
God

Post by Xenophon »

Gadianton wrote:
Fri Nov 06, 2020 2:24 am
Concerning demographics. A friend of mine; an unhinged right-winger although he never mentions Trump and I never ask, has a great deal of contempt for California, and now and again shares dumb memes and observations about how crazy California is (because it's so liberal). He's been laughing about the (apparent) hordes of people leaving California. The way his right-wing sources spin this, is people can't stand the stifling taxes and liberal shenanigans and are leaving to Texas, AZ, NV. Well, given how absurd housing costs are in CA, and especially considering the coronavirus boost to working from home, it only makes sense to get 3-5x the house for your money elsewhere. Is there any reason to believe that as the hordes of liberals are freed from dense cities and relocate to red states and work from home where it's cheaper, that a gradual blue swamp will fill the lands everywhere?
There is a line of thinking here in Texas amongst those that lean conservative that runs along the lines of "we need our own citizenship process for Texas so that you can't vote here the second you move in". The migration of liberals into other states, the fact that as Gen X and Millennials they aren't turning as conservative as previous generations, and shifting minority demographics are definitely showing up here in 2020.

I'm not saying Texas is going to go blue just yet (I suspect a more traditional candidate wins Texas by a larger margin than Trump) but you can feel it in the air, just beyond the horizon. Biden picking up 3% over Clinton's 2016 performance is an impressive showing.
He/Him

“If you consider what are called the virtues in mankind, you will find their growth is assisted by education and cultivation.”
― Xenophon