Burn, Letecia

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Res Ipsa
God

Re: Burn, Letecia

Post by Res Ipsa »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Mon Mar 20, 2023 11:43 pm
Jury selection in the trial against Letecia Stauch began today.

Burn, Letecia. Burn.
Is the trial being recorded and are you watching?
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Tue Mar 21, 2023 4:26 pm
Jersey Girl wrote:
Mon Mar 20, 2023 11:43 pm
Jury selection in the trial against Letecia Stauch began today.

Burn, Letecia. Burn.
Is the trial being recorded and are you watching?

So far we only have audio. I think once it gets underway it'll be streamed. If I wanted to, I could go down there and sit in. I've been mulling it over but I lean towards not doing that. I don't think I want to sit in the same room as the alleged murder. I mean, butcher. Though part of me does want to. Plus the courtrooms are very small so the chances of actually getting into the trial would be very slim. The other thing is that during the trial they are keeping her in a holding cell and only bringing her out intermittently each day--something about the judge asking her each time if she wants to be in the courtroom. I guess so she can't claim she was deprived of her constitutional rights?
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

A ton of recent murder cases have been livestreamed on youtube lately. It's more interesting than 99% of what's on cable TV.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

drumdude wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2023 1:27 am
A ton of recent murder cases have been livestreamed on youtube lately. It's more interesting than 99% of what's on cable TV.
Agree. I haven't watched television for well over a decade. I do watch Netflix and DisneyPlus but other than that, nothing. I find most programming intellectually insulting and that is saying something since I'm from Jersey! :lol:

I follow many or most high profile cases. Haven't really followed the Vallow/Daybell case and Murdaugh only intermittently. I do have a special interest in this particular case.

So will be posting about that here.
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2023 4:55 am
drumdude wrote:
Agree. I haven't watched television for well over a decade. I do watch Netflix and DisneyPlus but other than that, nothing. I find most programming intellectually insulting and that is saying something since I'm from Jersey! :lol:

I follow many or most high profile cases. Haven't really followed the Vallow/Daybell case and Murdaugh only intermittently. I do have a special interest in this particular case.

Good to hear. I’m always interested in hearing your impressions of trials in these big cases.

I read a couple articles today to refresh my recollection of the details I’m the case. I’d forgotten how terrible the facts are. I felt sick.

Based on how the case has been defended, it sounds like the judge is being careful to make a record that all her constitutional rights are being protected.

I don’t know how common it is for defendants to be in court for jury selection, but I’ll bet Dr. Exiled does.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

Jersey Girl wrote:
drumdude wrote:

The Murdaugh case was very interesting, especially since he was a former prosecutor himself. It seemed like he really expected that taking the stand would get him off the hook.

He just told one lie too many. The last one being that he lied about being at the murder scene. Once they placed him there with a serendipitously recorded Snapchat video, even though everything else was circumstantial, he was done.

Look forward to hearing your analysis of this case. If it’s live streamed I’ll likely follow along as well.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2023 5:17 am
Jersey Girl wrote:

Good to hear. I’m always interested in hearing your impressions of trials in these big cases.

I read a couple articles today to refresh my recollection of the details I’m the case. I’d forgotten how terrible the facts are. I felt sick.

Based on how the case has been defended, it sounds like the judge is being careful to make a record that all her constitutional rights are being protected.

I don’t know how common it is for defendants to be in court for jury selection, but I’ll bet Dr. Exiled does.
I think I missed something today. Anyway, defense apparently has a new psych eval saying she was in a psychotic state during the murder and therefore (you guessed it), insane.

Yeah, okay. She tortured and brutally killed a child in her care in HIS BED to the tune of 18 stab wounds and gunshot through the jaw and then...the alleged insane person proceeded to cover up the incident step by step from Colorado to Florida where his body was found in a suitcase under a bridge like discarded trash.

Don't tell me she didn't display consciousness of guilt and fluidity of thought.
Don't tell me she wasn't able to set goals and make a plan to achieve them.
Don't tell me she didn't act on rage and resentment.
Don't tell me she didn't hate the hell out of her husband for having to take care of his kids while he was deployed and do NOT tell me that she did NOT choose to take it out on a defenseless child in the heat of rage instead of grabbing her car keys and leaving the home.

Because I will tell you otherwise. She began her cover up while he lay suffering and dying in his own bloody bed.

She tortured a child. Tortured his parents. Tortured an entire community. Her first instinct was to cover up what she did while her victim lay dying, lead authorities on a wild goose chase, use taxpayer resources for weeks on end while she drove around with his body in the trunk of her vehicle then dump his body in a rural area, rent a van, go retrieve the body, stuff it in a suitcase then get out of Dodge and discard his remains as if he were trash.

Burn Letecia, Burn.

Note: This link may pop up a pay wall. Final jury selection begins on April 3. https://gazette.com/news/courts/letecia ... ec8a0.html

Slava Ukraini!
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

drumdude wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2023 5:35 am
Jersey Girl wrote:

The Murdaugh case was very interesting, especially since he was a former prosecutor himself. It seemed like he really expected that taking the stand would get him off the hook.

He just told one lie too many. The last one being that he lied about being at the murder scene. Once they placed him there with a serendipitously recorded Snapchat video, even though everything else was circumstantial, he was done.

Look forward to hearing your analysis of this case. If it’s live streamed I’ll likely follow along as well.
I'm afraid you're going to hear more invective from me than analysis on this one. The crime scene photos are online if you are interested. So far as I know the trial will be live streamed. I'll post links when I see that happen.

Slava Ukraini!
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

drumdude wrote:
Jersey Girl wrote:

He just told one lie too many. The last one being that he lied about being at the murder scene. Once they placed him there with a serendipitously recorded Snapchat video, even though everything else was circumstantial, he was done...
Yes, that was an amazing twist. Then, seeing how he repeatedly called back the kid who might have gotten that video, right after 'finding' the bodies AND seeing Paul's phone, If I recall correctly, was so telling. Re: being circumstantial, in my less generous moments about human nature, I wonder how many other families were annihilated in this manner without the perpetrator being serendipitously caught as this one was.
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

Marcus wrote:
Fri Mar 24, 2023 3:58 pm
drumdude wrote:

He just told one lie too many. The last one being that he lied about being at the murder scene. Once they placed him there with a serendipitously recorded Snapchat video, even though everything else was circumstantial, he was done...
Yes, that was an amazing twist. Then, seeing how he repeatedly called back the kid who might have gotten that video, right after 'finding' the bodies AND seeing Paul's phone, If I recall correctly, was so telling. Re: being circumstantial, in my less generous moments about human nature, I wonder how many other families were annihilated in this manner without the perpetrator being serendipitously caught as this one was.
It seems like most of the family annihilators commit suicide after. I wonder if he initially planned on it as well and just couldn’t do it.