Burn, Letecia

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Jersey Girl
God

Re: From: Burn, Leticia

Post by Jersey Girl »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Fri Apr 07, 2023 1:47 am
Those calls were really hard to listen to.

Has she raised an insanity defense?
Yes. Not guilty by reason of insanity.

That's why, and I'm sure you caught it, the prosecution kept asking Al Stauch if her personality was any different that he'd previously known it to be...throughout the questioning.
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Fri Apr 07, 2023 2:09 am
Res Ipsa wrote:
Fri Apr 07, 2023 1:47 am
Those calls were really hard to listen to.

Has she raised an insanity defense?

That's why, and I'm sure you caught it, the prosecution kept asking Al Stauch if her personality was any different that he'd previously known it to be...throughout the questioning.
Thanks. That's why I asked.

I don't know how Stauch was able to question her like that. I couldn't have done it under those circumstances.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Jersey Girl
God

Re: Burn, Letecia

Post by Jersey Girl »

Day 4

Various witnesses on this day in court. We actually know two of the witnesses but I won't identify them or how we know them. Let's get to the interesting part:

Witness Nicole Mobley testified to something I've never heard before. Not once. Not ever. If it were disclosed in the media, I must have missed it but I followed this case like a hawk so I don't think it was ever disclosed. Nicole is a resident of the Lorson Ranch neighborhood where the Stauch family lived. Her first encounter with Stepmurderer was a drop off or what we call a porch pickup but in this case dropping off, pre-worn clothing. Stepmurderer strikes up a personal conversation (talking about her family life) with Nicole which seemed out of place and uncomfortable to Nicole for a first time meeting with a stranger.

Nicole was involved in the initial search for Gannon the evening that he was reported missing and took part in neighborhood gatherings to remember Gannon, decorating the neighborhood in blue ribbons and lights, vigils, that sort of thing. She talks about how they were out searching the first night, that it was horribly cold, and how Stepmurderer was in her house greeting people instead of searching. I knew that part. Nicole said this struck her as off or unusual (red flag) and filed away that feeling.

Here's the part I didn't know. After Stepmurderer had left the home she took part in at least one Facebook group. Nicole tried to approach her on Facebook and was immediately blocked by Stepmurderer. Nicole then makes a fake Facebook account and tries again to approach Stepmurderer via messenger, only this time she begins to commiserate with her and takes her side by essentially talking crap about Landin who is Gannon's mother because she knew that Stepmurderer hated Landin. She engages in lengthy messenger exchanges with Stepmurderer. Nicole's reasoning was that she believed herself to be someone who could get people to talk. She wasn't wrong! At some point in the messages the prosecution asks her what she thought was going to happen and Nicole basically says she thought Stepmurderer was going to ask her to do something. And...she DID. Stepmurderer feeds Nicole a story. Like I said previously:

And as always, the truth lies somewhere in the telling.

She relates how a man took Gannon, a blanket, and a green suitcase out of the house and probably put Gannon in the suitcase. :shock:

Gannon's body would later be found under a roadside bridge in Florida stuffed into a green suitcase and wrapped in his blanket.

Anyway...Stepmurderer asks Nicole to tell that to the police, that she's desperate to get the word out so LE will search in the right place (North end of the town--which is where she dumped Gannon before renting a truck to drive to Florida) and that she'd pay money for her to do it. Boom!

Upon which Nicole contacts her husband and ends up contacting the police, brings in her phone to let them see the messenger exchanges. :o They confiscate the phone.

This was amazing to listen to. Lengthy testimony but worth it when you consider that at this point, Al Stauch was NOT the only person who had a direct line to Stepmurderer because Nicole was quietly and anonymously informally working the case on her end.

If anyone is interested in listening to Nicole's testimony, the link below is timestamped where she begins.

Letecia Stauch Trial LIVE Day 4 LIVE

https://youtu.be/-cDpzhLo_d8?t=24251

The court days for this trial are long and the testimony often cumbersome. I think the prosecution is painstakingly laying out their case brick by brick, as well they should. The defense hardly ever asks for cross examination and when they do, it sounds like trivial questions that mean exactly nothing of note. Near the end of this, after the jury has exited, the judge (who is doing a bang on job of it) discusses a juror question with the attorneys. This juror wants to know what to do about the defendant making faces and gestures during testimony. You can see her doing this on camera. As a result of discussion, the judge decides not to respond to the question and attorneys are in agreement.

This trial is expected to last up to 8 weeks. I might not normally watch a trial so closely as I am this one but I'm committed to doing so. This one is different for myself and area residents. No question about it.
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Fri Apr 07, 2023 1:31 pm
Jersey Girl wrote:
Fri Apr 07, 2023 2:09 am

Thanks. That's why I asked.

I don't know how Stauch was able to question her like that. I couldn't have done it under those circumstances.
I think that if Al Stauch could have questioned her in person he probably would have pinned her to the ground and beat the living hell out of her to get her to talk. Good thing there was some distance between them because on account of his patience and devotion to his son, he picked up useful bits of information. I think the man knew just exactly what he was doing and did it so well.

It sounds like the defense is going to forward the idea that she has Dissociative Identity Disorder. Multiple personalities. Uh huh.

Slava Ukraini!
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Day 5

Letecia Stauch Trial LIVE Day 5 LIVE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AsTPhelVJkQ

Medical Examiner Autopsy Report:

Gannon's parents were not present while Dr. Susan Ignacio associate medical examiner from Largo, Florida, testified about the autopsy conducted on March 18, 2020. Photos were included. (I don't know how his parents could have ever gotten through this testimony. I had to stop at one point to regain composure-crying.)

Premortem injuries as follows:

18 sharp force injuries including defensive wounds.
4 blunt force injuries
1 gunshot wound entry in jaw area. Projectile recovered.

Tox report:

Tylenol (OTC)
Hydrocodone (RX only)

Gannon was alive when all of these injuries were inflicted.

He was alive when he was stabbed 18 times.
He was alive when he was hit with a blunt object (the board) on the head 4 times.
He was alive when he was shot.

Drugs already in the system when injuries occurred. There has been no discussion or testimony yet (this is half way through today's testimony before the break) regarding who the Hydrocodone was RX'd to. ME testified that the sharp force wounds alone would have caused death had they been left unattended. Cause of death was determined to be: Gunshot wound and blunt trauma to the head.

The stupid defense attorney actually asked if the blunt force trauma could have been caused by throwing the suitcase containing Gannon's body over the bridge. He asked this when the ME had already testified that all of his wounds were premortem.

Burn, Letecia.
Last edited by Jersey Girl on Tue Apr 11, 2023 5:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Slava Ukraini!
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Day 5 (continued)

Lots of forensics (phones, crime scene photos, neighborhood ring camera video which couldn't be seen on camera but is available publicly for the searching on youtube, etc.) which probably won't be of interest to the reader here. Moving along...

The Hydrocodone :

Was RX'd to Al Stauch in May 2019 to treat for pain when he cut the tip of his finger while woodworking. It was kept hidden in the back of a nightstand drawer. Al (who retook the stand) said it was known only to himself and 'possibly' the defendant. He'd only taken a few tablets out of the bottle.

Spencer Wilson Testimony:

Of interest to me, was the testimony of the then KKTV (local news) reporter Spencer Wilson who did the very first on camera interview with Stepmurderer, which according to his testimony today, happened by chance and essentially on the spot, after Stepmurderer flagged him down. He said the station was 'ecstatic'. I bet! This was the first we, the public, ever laid eyes on Stepmurderer or heard her voice.

I'd seen the interview when it was aired at the time but it was interesting to hear Spencer's impressions, how he records interview in the field, what her terms were, and what his approach was and why. He talks about the presence of the two vehicles (one was the rental truck that was driven to Florida) and how Stepmurderer requested a different ending to the interview and how on the second take, and within a minute's time, she completely shifted her demeanor to a crying step mother. :shock:

I'll timestamp his testimony and then link below the original interview as it aired publicly on local news.

Testimony: https://youtu.be/AsTPhelVJkQ?t=26671

I believe I posted about this when Gannon went missing either on this thread or a previous thread. What you'll notice in the interview is that her focus is on herself, how she's being attacked in the media and social media, how people are lying about her and how she expects an apology. Me, me, me, me, me. She keeps her back to the camera the entire time. You'll notice how she instantly coaches her daughter Harley about what to say. Near the end of the interview she changes tenses when speaking about Gannon. She speaks of him at first, in present tense, the shifts to past tense. You couldn't miss it if you wanted to. This was also brought out in court today.

Interview link:
(run time is 10 minutes and change, includes the second ending)

Letecia "Tecia" Stauch Interview | Erin in Wonderland

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Um2pinuI0c
Last edited by Jersey Girl on Tue Apr 11, 2023 5:25 am, edited 2 times in total.

Slava Ukraini!
DaveIsHere
Teacher

Post by DaveIsHere »

Miss Jersey Girl, you ever considered writing? Like, You've got all manner of stuff for background and access to people. So why not?
If a Giant's pronouns are "fee, fi, fi, and fum", does that mean short people's pronouns are "oompa, loompa, and doopity-doo"?
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

DaveIsHere wrote:
Tue Apr 11, 2023 4:52 am
Miss Jersey Girl, you ever considered writing? Like, You've got all manner of stuff for background and access to people. So why not?
Writing what?

Slava Ukraini!
DaveIsHere
Teacher

Post by DaveIsHere »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Tue Apr 11, 2023 5:20 am
DaveIsHere wrote:
Tue Apr 11, 2023 4:52 am
Writing what?
A novel... It's like a really long story.

“F”, nevermind
If a Giant's pronouns are "fee, fi, fi, and fum", does that mean short people's pronouns are "oompa, loompa, and doopity-doo"?
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Day 5

Of all the high profile cases I've ever watched, including those in my general location, this one hits like no other. The damage Liemother did to so many people, including residents, is simply astounding. It's as if someone threw a toxic rock in water and ripples of poison waved over everyone involved and those involved only by residency.

Within a few scant minutes of being sworn in, Dakota Lowry (who is Liemother's brother) broke down on the stand. "Why Tecia? Why?" Judge Werner called a brief break so that Dakota had time to calm down but he never really recovered. The man is broken. Broken by his sister's actions and how she involved the family in her misdeeds. Judge Werner was so kind, understanding, and patient with Dakota. (If you need to see: https://youtu.be/Ye3JqbNF_X0?t=173)

I don't know what day Dakota and family flew out to Denver to support Liemother. Here's the gist. They helped her move belongings out of the family home and transfer them between rental vehicles. Dakota noticed Liemother struggling with a cumbersome suitcase. She declined his help. He asked what was in the bag and she told him it was softball equipment. He instinctively knew something was wrong but either (speculating here) didn't know what it was or wouldn't let himself think the worst. I think the latter is more true.

Gannon was in the suitcase.

On cross, the defense attorney picked up on Dakota's statement that he thought he thought insanity was the only way she could have done it. When questioned, Dakota said he figured she must've snapped and went crazy...'But not now, no'.

There was follow up by the prosecution with Dakota Lowry, but I had to leave and haven't done justice to it yet.

Later testimony had to do with filling in details of the GPS tracking on her rental car. This part is significant as follows...I'll put in a few comments in ( ) because I know the route.

Jan 31

She starts at the sheriff's office which is located in downtown COS.
15:38 Arrives back to her hotel further north. And then 7 minutes later...
15:45 Vehicle is in motion at 22 mph. (She's moving from the hotel towards the interstate on ramp)
16:00 Headed NB 52 mph and fluctuates (She's on the interstate)
16:41 Makes a brief stop at South Perry Park on the S curve on Hwy 105.
16:58 Headed WB at 41 mph. (No idea why she's moving WB)
18:23 Arrives back at the hotel.

As it was explained the tracking needed to be reset so that likely accounts for gaps in the tracking.

Right here:
16:41 Makes a brief stop at South Perry Park on the S curve on Hwy 105.

Is when she dumped Gannon's body in the green suitcase and kept it there until she drove out to Florida.

By that time, Gannon had been dead for 4 days.

The search moved north on account of the tracking.

Notes: This is as far as I got in hate watching the trial today due to in real life. I'll catch up with what I missed tomorrow. Always good to have a break.

Burn, Letecia.
Last edited by Jersey Girl on Wed Apr 12, 2023 7:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Slava Ukraini!