Burn, Letecia

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Jersey Girl
God

Re: Burn, Letecia

Post by Jersey Girl »

Marcus wrote:
Tue May 09, 2023 1:27 am
Jersey Girl wrote:
Tue May 09, 2023 12:22 am
I stopped watching victim's impact when Al began because I needed to leave. Will watch that later. I just finished watching sentencing.

Timestamped for Judge Werner's remarks prior to sentencing. He excused himself for 10 minutes to collect his thoughts before this. In his remarks, he left nothing and no one unattended. Including her attempts to drag her own daughter and 8 year old (at the time) Laina into her web of lies while trying to avoid taking responsibility as well as the life long harm she did to both girls.

I'm feel a sense of reassurance and pride knowing that we have Judge Werner in this county. So well done.

https://youtu.be/1NZqOXxtSTk?t=24997
I also thought his complete and total support of the Jury was very thoughtful and well said.
You know that is something else that I found impressive. Throughout the trial he was sensitive to the needs of the jury. He didn't want them sitting too long without breaks or food, he acknowledged their ability to attend, their burden, their service and what the near future might hold for them so far as people asking them for statements and interviews. I appreciated that he told them they didn't need to do anything, making them aware of their own rights.

I've reported for jury duty about 4-5 times since we've lived here. I've never been selected (for reasons) and now due to a medical statement I never will. I've sat in the courtroom twice for proceedings on the same case and it's follow up. I was invited to attend the adoption of one of my students. That's all the personal experience I have with the county courthouse.

I have nothing but respect for "regular" people who serve on a jury. I can't imagine what it must have been like for them in a case that was so laden with evidence to go through and consider. The long days of testimony, so much time away from their family and work. Viewers to the trial could shut it off when we wanted to but the jury had to sit and attend to everything presented. I doubt that at any point they were able to leave the day behind when they went home for the day. I think most jury members were aware of the case but the detail brought out in evidence was more horrific than any resident could have imagined. We knew some things. We certainly didn't know it all.

Judge Werner did right by so many people including the members of the jury. Sometimes in high profile cases, judges who know the cameras are on play to the audience. Judge Werner never did that and only lost his temper one time on account of Dr. Lewis. He gets nothing but respect from me that is for sure.

So many comments online noting the same qualities that we have in Judge Werner.
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Press conference hosted by Linda at It's a Crime. Time stamped.

https://youtu.be/nUVsfihe_KM?t=455

I remember when Linda started her channel and how rapidly it grew. I don't follow her all the time, but she does a nice job in true crime. Her videos are typically brief and concise. Scott has had her on at least once in collaboration, as he's also had Stephanie Harlowe on. That doesn't happen often in the true crime community online so that is a nod to Linda's ability by Scott Reisch.
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Mon May 08, 2023 7:43 pm
GUILTY ON ALL FOUR COUNTS!!!!
Justice has been done.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Tue May 09, 2023 2:48 am
Jersey Girl wrote:
Mon May 08, 2023 7:43 pm
GUILTY ON ALL FOUR COUNTS!!!!
Justice has been done.
Yes Sir, it has! And thank you for coming along on this journey.

Slava Ukraini!
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

One more link for verdict, victim's impact, and sentencing. I'm offering this timestamped at victim's impact because it gives a clear view of Landin and Al, the defendant, and Judge Werner as statements are being read. There is a photo of Gannon in the upper right of the screen. This is from Grizzly True Crime. Not one I follow but am aware of.

The first speaker is Nicole Mobley. The resident who formed a relationship with the defendant via social media and contributed to the investigation.

Letecia Stauch Trial Verdict, Victim Statements & Sentencing

https://youtu.be/gV7l3IWFFDQ?t=593

Slava Ukraini!
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

I have mistakenly misspelled Landen's name throughout this thread. Here is her Facebook post from today. Image is Landen's.

Landen Bullard Hiott
6h
·
Praise God! I have never been so happy and thankful In my entire life. My heart and love goes to everyone who has given their time and love. The love of Gannon has stretched across the world. You have given us more strength than you can imagine. God is good and Gannon is dancing. All my love to you all! Forever thankful! Justice IS served

Slava Ukraini!
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

I think I'm done now. Finally.

Slava Ukraini!
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

The view we never saw during trial. The view of the bench.

JUDGE WERNER: A Lesson in Judicial Empathy (Letecia Stauch trial)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KuBPD37Mlr4

This quote begins the video:

"That last mile can only be determined on the basis of one's deepest values, one's core concerns, one's broader perspectives on how the world works, and the depth and breadth of one's empathy...
-- in those difficult cases, the critical ingredient is supplied by what is in the judge's heart."

Slava Ukraini!