Burn, Letecia

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Jersey Girl
God

Re: Burn, Letecia

Post by Jersey Girl »

We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Sun Apr 09, 2023 4:34 am
Day 4

Various witnesses on this day in court. We actually know two of the witnesses but I won't identify them or how we know them. Let's get to the interesting part:

Witness Nicole Mobley testified to something I've never heard before. Not once. Not ever. If it were disclosed in the media, I must have missed it but I followed this case like a hawk so I don't think it was ever disclosed. Nicole is a resident of the Lorson Ranch neighborhood where the Stauch family lived. Her first encounter with Stepmurderer was a drop off or what we call a porch pickup but in this case dropping off, pre-worn clothing. Stepmurderer strikes up a personal conversation (talking about her family life) with Nicole which seemed out of place and uncomfortable to Nicole for a first time meeting with a stranger.

Nicole was involved in the initial search for Gannon the evening that he was reported missing and took part in neighborhood gatherings to remember Gannon, decorating the neighborhood in blue ribbons and lights, vigils, that sort of thing. She talks about how they were out searching the first night, that it was horribly cold, and how Stepmurderer was in her house greeting people instead of searching. I knew that part. Nicole said this struck her as off or unusual (red flag) and filed away that feeling.

Here's the part I didn't know. After Stepmurderer had left the home she took part in at least one Facebook group. Nicole tried to approach her on Facebook and was immediately blocked by Stepmurderer. Nicole then makes a fake Facebook account and tries again to approach Stepmurderer via messenger, only this time she begins to commiserate with her and takes her side by essentially talking crap about Landin who is Gannon's mother because she knew that Stepmurderer hated Landin. She engages in lengthy messenger exchanges with Stepmurderer. Nicole's reasoning was that she believed herself to be someone who could get people to talk. She wasn't wrong! At some point in the messages the prosecution asks her what she thought was going to happen and Nicole basically says she thought Stepmurderer was going to ask her to do something. And...she DID. Stepmurderer feeds Nicole a story. Like I said previously:

And as always, the truth lies somewhere in the telling.

She relates how a man took Gannon, a blanket, and a green suitcase out of the house and probably put Gannon in the suitcase. :shock:

Gannon's body would later be found under a roadside bridge in Florida stuffed into a green suitcase and wrapped in his blanket.

Anyway...Stepmurderer asks Nicole to tell that to the police, that she's desperate to get the word out so law enforcement will search in the right place (North end of the town--which is where she dumped Gannon before renting a truck to drive to Florida) and that she'd pay money for her to do it. Boom!

Upon which Nicole contacts her husband and ends up contacting the police, brings in her phone to let them see the messenger exchanges. :o They confiscate the phone.

This was amazing to listen to. Lengthy testimony but worth it when you consider that at this point, Al Stauch was NOT the only person who had a direct line to Stepmurderer because Nicole was quietly and anonymously informally working the case on her end.

If anyone is interested in listening to Nicole's testimony, the link below is timestamped where she begins.

Letecia Stauch Trial LIVE Day 4 LIVE

https://youtu.be/-cDpzhLo_d8?t=24251

The court days for this trial are long and the testimony often cumbersome. I think the prosecution is painstakingly laying out their case brick by brick, as well they should. The defense hardly ever asks for cross examination and when they do, it sounds like trivial questions that mean exactly nothing of note. Near the end of this, after the jury has exited, the judge (who is doing a bang on job of it) discusses a juror question with the attorneys. This juror wants to know what to do about the defendant making faces and gestures during testimony. You can see her doing this on camera. As a result of discussion, the judge decides not to respond to the question and attorneys are in agreement.

This trial is expected to last up to 8 weeks. I might not normally watch a trial so closely as I am this one but I'm committed to doing so. This one is different for myself and area residents. No question about it.
How long after the murder did she go to Florida?
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Tue Apr 11, 2023 3:46 am
Day 5 (continued)

Lots of forensics (phones, crime scene photos, neighborhood ring camera video which couldn't be seen on camera but is available publicly for the searching on youtube, etc.) which probably won't be of interest to the reader here. Moving along...

The Hydrocodone :

Was RX'd to Al Stauch in May 2019 to treat for pain when he cut the tip of his finger while woodworking. It was kept hidden in the back of a nightstand drawer. Al (who retook the stand) said it was known only to himself and 'possibly' the defendant. He'd only taken a few tablets out of the bottle.

Spencer Wilson Testimony:

Of interest to me, was the testimony of the then KKTV (local news) reporter Spencer Wilson who did the very first on camera interview with Stepmurderer, which according to his testimony today, happened by chance and essentially on the spot, after Stepmurderer flagged him down. He said the station was 'ecstatic'. I bet! This was the first we, the public, ever laid eyes on Stepmurderer or heard her voice.

I'd seen the interview when it was aired at the time but it was interesting to hear Spencer's impressions, how he records interview in the field, what her terms were, and what his approach was and why. He talks about the presence of the two vehicles (one was the rental truck that was driven to Florida) and how Stepmurderer requested a different ending to the interview and how on the second take, and within a minute's time, she completely shifted her demeanor to a crying step mother. :shock:

I'll timestamp his testimony and then link below the original interview as it aired publicly on local news.

Testimony: https://youtu.be/AsTPhelVJkQ?t=26671

I believe I posted about this when Gannon went missing either on this thread or a previous thread. What you'll notice in the interview is that her focus is on herself, how she's being attacked in the media and social media, how people are lying about her and how she expects an apology. Me, me, me, me, me. She keeps her back to the camera the entire time. You'll notice how she instantly coaches her daughter Harley about what to say. Near the end of the interview she changes tenses when speaking about Gannon. She speaks of him at first, in present tense, the shifts to past tense. You couldn't miss it if you wanted to. This was also brought out in court today.

Interview link:
(run time is 10 minutes and change, includes the second ending)

Letecia "Tecia" Stauch Interview | Erin in Wonderland

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Um2pinuI0c
Did they show both endings in court?
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Wed Apr 12, 2023 3:09 pm
Jersey Girl wrote:
Sun Apr 09, 2023 4:34 am
Day 4

Various witnesses on this day in court. We actually know two of the witnesses but I won't identify them or how we know them. Let's get to the interesting part:

Witness Nicole Mobley testified to something I've never heard before. Not once. Not ever. If it were disclosed in the media, I must have missed it but I followed this case like a hawk so I don't think it was ever disclosed. Nicole is a resident of the Lorson Ranch neighborhood where the Stauch family lived. Her first encounter with Stepmurderer was a drop off or what we call a porch pickup but in this case dropping off, pre-worn clothing. Stepmurderer strikes up a personal conversation (talking about her family life) with Nicole which seemed out of place and uncomfortable to Nicole for a first time meeting with a stranger.

Nicole was involved in the initial search for Gannon the evening that he was reported missing and took part in neighborhood gatherings to remember Gannon, decorating the neighborhood in blue ribbons and lights, vigils, that sort of thing. She talks about how they were out searching the first night, that it was horribly cold, and how Stepmurderer was in her house greeting people instead of searching. I knew that part. Nicole said this struck her as off or unusual (red flag) and filed away that feeling.

Here's the part I didn't know. After Stepmurderer had left the home she took part in at least one Facebook group. Nicole tried to approach her on Facebook and was immediately blocked by Stepmurderer. Nicole then makes a fake Facebook account and tries again to approach Stepmurderer via messenger, only this time she begins to commiserate with her and takes her side by essentially talking crap about Landin who is Gannon's mother because she knew that Stepmurderer hated Landin. She engages in lengthy messenger exchanges with Stepmurderer. Nicole's reasoning was that she believed herself to be someone who could get people to talk. She wasn't wrong! At some point in the messages the prosecution asks her what she thought was going to happen and Nicole basically says she thought Stepmurderer was going to ask her to do something. And...she DID. Stepmurderer feeds Nicole a story. Like I said previously:

And as always, the truth lies somewhere in the telling.

She relates how a man took Gannon, a blanket, and a green suitcase out of the house and probably put Gannon in the suitcase. :shock:

Gannon's body would later be found under a roadside bridge in Florida stuffed into a green suitcase and wrapped in his blanket.

Anyway...Stepmurderer asks Nicole to tell that to the police, that she's desperate to get the word out so law enforcement will search in the right place (North end of the town--which is where she dumped Gannon before renting a truck to drive to Florida) and that she'd pay money for her to do it. Boom!

Upon which Nicole contacts her husband and ends up contacting the police, brings in her phone to let them see the messenger exchanges. :o They confiscate the phone.

This was amazing to listen to. Lengthy testimony but worth it when you consider that at this point, Al Stauch was NOT the only person who had a direct line to Stepmurderer because Nicole was quietly and anonymously informally working the case on her end.

If anyone is interested in listening to Nicole's testimony, the link below is timestamped where she begins.

Letecia Stauch Trial LIVE Day 4 LIVE

https://youtu.be/-cDpzhLo_d8?t=24251

The court days for this trial are long and the testimony often cumbersome. I think the prosecution is painstakingly laying out their case brick by brick, as well they should. The defense hardly ever asks for cross examination and when they do, it sounds like trivial questions that mean exactly nothing of note. Near the end of this, after the jury has exited, the judge (who is doing a bang on job of it) discusses a juror question with the attorneys. This juror wants to know what to do about the defendant making faces and gestures during testimony. You can see her doing this on camera. As a result of discussion, the judge decides not to respond to the question and attorneys are in agreement.

This trial is expected to last up to 8 weeks. I might not normally watch a trial so closely as I am this one but I'm committed to doing so. This one is different for myself and area residents. No question about it.
How long after the murder did she go to Florida?
Left CO on Feb 1, 2020
Arrived in Florida on Feb 4, 2020
Arrested in SC on Mar 2, 2020
Remains found Mar 17, 2020.
Last edited by Jersey Girl on Wed Apr 12, 2023 6:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Wed Apr 12, 2023 3:12 pm
Jersey Girl wrote:
Tue Apr 11, 2023 3:46 am
Day 5 (continued)

Lots of forensics (phones, crime scene photos, neighborhood ring camera video which couldn't be seen on camera but is available publicly for the searching on youtube, etc.) which probably won't be of interest to the reader here. Moving along...

The Hydrocodone :

Was RX'd to Al Stauch in May 2019 to treat for pain when he cut the tip of his finger while woodworking. It was kept hidden in the back of a nightstand drawer. Al (who retook the stand) said it was known only to himself and 'possibly' the defendant. He'd only taken a few tablets out of the bottle.

Spencer Wilson Testimony:

Of interest to me, was the testimony of the then KKTV (local news) reporter Spencer Wilson who did the very first on camera interview with Stepmurderer, which according to his testimony today, happened by chance and essentially on the spot, after Stepmurderer flagged him down. He said the station was 'ecstatic'. I bet! This was the first we, the public, ever laid eyes on Stepmurderer or heard her voice.

I'd seen the interview when it was aired at the time but it was interesting to hear Spencer's impressions, how he records interview in the field, what her terms were, and what his approach was and why. He talks about the presence of the two vehicles (one was the rental truck that was driven to Florida) and how Stepmurderer requested a different ending to the interview and how on the second take, and within a minute's time, she completely shifted her demeanor to a crying step mother. :shock:

I'll timestamp his testimony and then link below the original interview as it aired publicly on local news.

Testimony: https://youtu.be/AsTPhelVJkQ?t=26671

I believe I posted about this when Gannon went missing either on this thread or a previous thread. What you'll notice in the interview is that her focus is on herself, how she's being attacked in the media and social media, how people are lying about her and how she expects an apology. Me, me, me, me, me. She keeps her back to the camera the entire time. You'll notice how she instantly coaches her daughter Harley about what to say. Near the end of the interview she changes tenses when speaking about Gannon. She speaks of him at first, in present tense, the shifts to past tense. You couldn't miss it if you wanted to. This was also brought out in court today.

Interview link:
(run time is 10 minutes and change, includes the second ending)

Letecia "Tecia" Stauch Interview | Erin in Wonderland

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Um2pinuI0c
Did they show both endings in court?
Yes.

Slava Ukraini!
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Day 7

I only watched a few minutes hopping around the live stream. Needed a break from the toxicity of the trial. Anyway, if anyone is even remotely interested in watching Stepmonster lie her rotten ass off for hours in police interviews, here's the link:

Letecia Stauch Trial LIVE Day 7 LIVE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6OFz6BP7LeQ&t=27056s

I'll no doubt catch up on what I missed another time but today wasn't the day.

Slava Ukraini!
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Day 8 (Friday 21 Apri)

Ballistics expert testimony. Begins here: https://youtu.be/WdnouIbuAXc?t=21569

Forensics is one thing I find so interesting about a trial. She explains the process of checking both the fire arm and comparing ammunition, test firing the weapons, how patterns are determined and matched to the alleged murder weapon as well as projectiles found in the search. Two projectiles were found in a pillow inside the home. Keep in mind that a third projectile was found inside Gannon's 11 year old skull. Three weapons found in the home.

Conclusion: Smith and Wesson 9mm Pistol. Hollow point bullets. All projectiles match the weapon including the one found at autopsy.

For your viewing pleasure or not. Here's Stepanimal during transport from SC in Kansas on I70 trying to break free of custody inside the transport vehicle by wiggling out of the cuffs and assaulting police officers, trying to get hold of one of their weapons and further resisting restraint.

Begins here: https://youtu.be/WdnouIbuAXc?t=5110

A majority of the day was spent on the search of the home. Probably not of interest to anyone but myself having seen photos of the crime scene prior. Gannon's mattress was blood soaked through the mattress, carpeting, carpet pad into the sub flooring. Between that and the pillows mentioned above, this indicates that Gannon was killed in his own bed. Transfer stains of blood, carpet pieces, various containers found in basement storage area (where Gannon's bedroom was) were part of this presentation.

Just burn already.

Slava Ukraini!
Father Francis
Bishop

Post by Father Francis »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Mon Apr 17, 2023 3:25 am

For your viewing pleasure or not. Here's Stepanimal during transport from SC in Kansas on I70 trying to break free of custody inside the transport vehicle by wiggling out of the cuffs and assaulting police officers, trying to get hold of one of their weapons and further resisting restraint.
I can't diagnose, and even if I could I couldn't diagnose a stranger. However, as an RN I can describe behaviors. This seems like an extreme version of borderline behavior. Borderline behavior isn't just exhibited by people with Borderline Personality Disorder. Your average teenager does it to some degree. People with bipolar or schizoaffective disorder sometimes do as well. She starts trouble when there is none and acts like a victim when someone intervenes. She then tries to get people on her side/play innocent by saying "I'm cooperating with you, but I won't with HER!" while still not cooperating with anyone. It's classic staff splitting. Sadly it works to some degree in their personal lives for a time.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Father Francis wrote:
Mon Apr 17, 2023 6:25 am
Jersey Girl wrote:
Mon Apr 17, 2023 3:25 am

I can't diagnose, and even if I could I couldn't diagnose a stranger. However, as an RN I can describe behaviors. This seems like an extreme version of borderline behavior. Borderline behavior isn't just exhibited by people with Borderline Personality Disorder. Your average teenager does it to some degree. People with bipolar or schizoaffective disorder sometimes do as well. She starts trouble when there is none and acts like a victim when someone intervenes. She then tries to get people on her side/play innocent by saying "I'm cooperating with you, but I won't with HER!" while still not cooperating with anyone. It's classic staff splitting. Sadly it works to some degree in their personal lives for a time.
Yep. I stated approx. 2 pages ago.
This "woman" is Jodi Arias on steroids and I wouldn't be at all surprised if at some point a mental health professional testifies that she has Borderline Personality Disorder.
They're claiming that she has DID. And...good luck with that.

Slava Ukraini!
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Day 9

The morning began with sorting out the handling and transmission of psych eval material. Judge Werner addressed hand gestures that were made by StepLiar from the defense table the day prior. She was seen flipping off a witness more than once.

See here in the first minute or so: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXtdaafLnfI

He issued a stern warning informing her of her right to be present at her own trial and without restraints in front of the jury, then informed her of HIS ability to restrain her in cuffs under the table, put her outside the courtroom during breaks, etc. and that he had staff rearrange the defense table so that she was sitting in a straight chair (not able to turn away in revolving chair with wheels) placing her in the middle of the defense table so that she was within his sight for observation.

See here: https://youtu.be/fPOReh0QeYM?t=1221

Following that, a member of the investigative team briefly testified regarding the search re: prescription bottles.

Today was the first day at trial that StepLiar looked like a somewhat well groomed and close to an actual human being. Her hair was combed and it looked like she was wearing a nice blouse with dark colored pants.

Her daughter took the stand today.

Twenty year old Harley Hunt entered the courtroom crying. She was followed in by 2-3 support persons, presumably relatives from South Carolina. Harley is currently a nursing student in South Carolina where she resides. She was soft spoken, polite and respectful throughout the day's testimony, and if StepLiar ever did anything right in her miserable rotten lying life it just might be Harley Hunt or more to the point, Harley has done it herself and basically on her own and out of necessity to get herself a life that belongs to her.

See her enter the courtroom and begin testifying here: https://youtu.be/fPOReh0QeYM?t=2967

Harley, who hasn't see her "mother" in three years, no doubt felt the weight and gravity of the day. She has given this testimony before. In August of 2020, months after her "mother's" arrest, she flew back to CO to give a statement to the DA's office because it was 'the right thing to do'. Today was different. She was sworn in before a judge and with her mother sitting at the defense table. You could say that this was the real thing.

Harely is the bio daughter of Chance Hunt who died in 2014. Her mother told her that her dad was robbed and killed. She learned just this week how her dad actually died. He died of an overdose. How did she find out? Social media. Obit with a message from Harley posted: https://www.legacy.com/us/obituaries/ro ... id=9064778

I lost count of how many times Harley stated that she moved with her mother from place to place and how many lies her mother told her over the years and throughout the disappearance of Gannon until her mother was arrested in March 2020. Various lies that would alarm any child such as when StepLiar was hospitalized and told her daughter that she had ovarian cancer.

Harley recalled how that after StepLiar and Al Stauch were married and had moved into the house in Colorado Springs that they were overheard having loud arguments, how Harley would stay with her stepsister to comfort her and how StepLiar tried to triangulate Harley into the arguments.

They went through a lengthy series of text messages between Harley and her "mother" the day Harley had to go to work around 5 p.m. on Jan 26 at Massage Envy at First and Main (local shopping complex) as a receptionist and her "mother" took Gannon and his sister on a hike to Garden of the Gods Park. She was sent a text saying that Gannon had had a toileting accident (common for Gannon) and how they were going to a nearby fast food place to get food and I guess deal with the accident. Not sure about that. What I am sure of is that there is a visitor's center right at GoG's and she could have taken him there to clean up and get nice and reasonably priced food for the three of them. Whatever.

At 9:54 p.m. Harley was sent a message that said that there was a fire started by a candle, that Gannon was fine, scared and saying sorry and at 9:57 p.m. she was sent a photo of the candle that started the fire and ultimately led to Gannon's death. The texts describe what happened, how StepLiar jumped on Gannon who was rolled in a blanket to put the fire out, how StepLiar mentioned that SHE got burned, and (watch how she sets him up) Gannon was outside yelling about how he hated his life.

My @$$.

They went through the timeline of events beginning with the alleged disappearance of Gannon, the request for Harley to pick up certain cleaning items from Dollar Tree (receipt shown), the search, media, police, how they moved out of the home, how many times StepLiar switched phones, my god...I have 7 pages of notes sitting in front of me and there's no possible way to post the chronology of events, their fleeing the area or the multiple deceptions so I'll just wing some of what stood out to me. Just know that there is SO many details involved that it would make your head spin.

On the way to Florida they passed through Texas where StepLiar asked Harley if she wanted live in Texas and how it would be a nice place to live. Harley, who was 17 at the time, was confused the entire time not knowing where they were going or where they were going to live. She recalled once prior when her "mother" took a fit, put Harley in the car with some belongings and took off to KS because she was disappointed in her marriage and life with Al Stauch. She stopped the car saying that she could probably work it out and turned back to go home.

Harley's life was really a constant state of upheaval due to moving around or statements made by her mother that left Harley feeling in limbo not knowing what to expect next and leaving her with no sense of security. My impression is that the only time she felt truly secure was when the family was established in Colorado Springs.

Once they were on the road to Texas there followed hotel stay after hotel stay with only stops for gas and to pick up a phone, probably a burner phone my best guess. They never took clothing out of the back of the van and instead wore the same clothing every day of the drive out to Florida. They had a system wherein Harley would go in the hotel with their two dogs and go to the elevators. StepLiar would come in later to book into the hotel so she didn't have to pay extra for the pets. They ate using GrubHub or going through a drive through in a fast food place.

Harley never questioned her "mother" as to why they weren't back in Colorado Springs searching for Gannon, exactly where they were headed and never once asked her what was in the back of the van because...she knew her "mother" would see it as back talking her and disrespect which would typically be followed by her "mother" backhanding her in the face. Harley never detected any smells coming from the back of the van.

When they arrived in Pensacola, Florida, after midnight on Feb 4th they checked into the Candlewood Suites hotel. Every time they checked into a hotel StepLiar got herself a corporate rate by connecting herself to her sister's husband's work at Ford Motor Co. Harley was asked if her "mother" ever left the room. Harley said not to her knowledge but also brought out was the fact that she was a sound sleeper so her "mother" could have left the room without waking her.

The suitcase containing Gannon's remains was likely dumped that night.

They checked out the next morning, got breakfast and headed to Orlando. On the way, StepLiar was on the phone trying to find apartments for them to live in. They arrived in Orlando the next day and booked into a hotel for 5+ days but left early because StepLiar said she knew she was being followed.

1-2 days later they arrived in Myrtle Beach, SC. Harley was asked if she knew there was GPS on the car and she said she did not. They stayed in Myrtle Beach until on the day of March 2nd, Harley was called into her recruiter's office (she had been ROTC prior If I recall correctly) where she was questioned by the FBI and her mother had been taken into custody elsewhere (?).

Even after Gannon's body was found, Harley believed her mother was innocent of the alleged crime and she continued to believe her until November 2022 when she learned that her mother had issued of plea of not guilty by reason of insanity.

(Imagine being this woman's child. I dare you to even try to imagine it.)

She was asked a series of questions regarding any changes in her "mother's" personality throughout her life. Was there ever a time when she didn't know who she (Harley) was, who Al, Laina, or Gannon was. No, no, no, and no. Did she ever know her mother to be treated for a mental illness? Ever enter an inpatient program? Ever go to a therapist? No, no, and no.

Did she know right from wrong? Yes. Any evidence that her "mother" couldn't function? No. Any indication that she couldn't make a plan? No. Any indication that she couldn't make decisions? No.

Several questions about her "mother" going to Saudi Arabia or calling herself Jasmine. (Aladdin movie). No. Ever call herself Taylor? YES. Because she hated her name and wanted to change it to Taylor and created a social media account using that name. . (Try being this person's kid. Just for one minute.) More questions about her "mother" using different names. Little Lucia, Maria Sanchez, speaking in a Spanish accent...on and on and on. Did she ever see her mother change personalities? NO.

She was asked if her "mother" was athletic. YES.
Was she strong enough to pick up a suitcase containing Gannon's small body and putting it over a bridge rail. YES.
She was asked point blank if she ever helped her mother dump Gannon's body. NO.

The prosecution raised the issue of Harley's trip to CO to give a statement on 17 Aug 2020. She had no guarantee of immunity and knew she could be charged as an accessory. This is when she said she came out and gave a statement to the DA because "It's the right thing to do."

Harley Hunt was never granted immunity in the case. The only reason she cannot be charged as an accessory to the crime of murder one is because the statute of limitations has run out likely due to her "mother's" dragging her sorry feet and jerking around the system for the past three years.

There was cross by the defense who tried (unsuccessfully) to discredit Harley and her testimony (partly based on details of her original statement collected and recorded in August 2020) followed by redirect by the prosecution. I have yet to view the last 45-ish minutes of today's proceedings and might post it here tomorrow if time permits.

Prediction: The defense is going for not guilty by reason of insanity. They are going to claim she has DID due to sexual assault by her step father both issues have already been raised by the defense.

Opinion: She does NOT meet the criteria for DID which I believe is a desperate attempt on the part of the defense because they have nothing else to rely on. All forensics and investigative fingers point to the defendant as perpetrator of the three crimes she is charged with. She DOES meet the criteria for Borderline Personality Disorder. She'll either be found guilty and put into prison and if not, she'll be remanded to the state hospital in Pueblo, CO which is not the desirable environment she might think it is. Don't ask me how I know.

I know.

Note: I don't watch the trial all day long. I pop in and out as time permits, stop the live stream and pick up where I left off each time, usually going into the replay. If anyone is curious, I write these posts for myself as part of my own processing more than I write them for the board. If you read any of them, thanks. If not, it's fine by me. There are days when I can't catch everything. Today I caught positively everything bit by little bit (except all of the cross and redirect) only because Harley took the witness stand and testified. In my mind, she's the most important witness in this trial to testify. She was there at ground zero when all of this happened and she has the longest history of experience with the defendant. Harley, by the way, is a social media influencer on Twitter and IG. She is a young woman who claims Christ as her Savior, who posts modeling photos, some in skimpy swimsuits, she has a handsome boyfriend, she is definitely in nursing school pursuing a future free of her "mother" and I say God Bless her for what she did today and what she might contribute to society in the future. If she's not in therapy, I pray that she will seek out a good therapist and so she can more freely make her way in life. Nothing but respect for Harley Hunt!

Slava Ukraini!