Burn, Letecia

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Jersey Girl
God

Re: Burn, Letecia

Post by Jersey Girl »

I saw this in replay. Just found it isolated on the channel linked below. Contemptible liar! Where's the Spanish accent?

Letecia Stauch Brings Out 'Maria' During Interview with Famous Psychiatrist
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9y_jjZ8fMZo
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

CRS (Colorado Revised Statutes) Definition of Insanity
16-8-101.5. Insanity defined - offenses committed on and after July 1, 1995 -
definitions. (1) The applicable test of insanity shall be:

(a) A person who is so diseased or defective in mind at the time of the commission of the
act as to be incapable of distinguishing right from wrong with respect to that act is not
accountable; except that care should be taken not to confuse such mental disease or defect with
moral obliquity, mental depravity, or passion growing out of anger, revenge, hatred, or other
motives and kindred evil conditions, for, when the act is induced by any of these causes, the
person is accountable to the law; or

(b) A person who suffered from a condition of mind caused by mental disease or defect
that prevented the person from forming a culpable mental state that is an essential element of a
crime charged, but care should be taken not to confuse such mental disease or defect with moral
obliquity, mental depravity, or passion growing out of anger, revenge, hatred, or other motives
and kindred evil conditions because, when the act is induced by any of these causes, the person
is accountable to the law.

(2) As used in subsection (1) of this section:

(a) "Diseased or defective in mind" does not refer to an abnormality manifested only by
repeated criminal or otherwise antisocial conduct. Evidence of knowledge or awareness of the
victim's actual or perceived gender, gender identity, gender expression, or sexual orientation
shall not constitute inability to distinguish right from wrong.

(b) "Gender identity" and "gender expression" have the same meaning as in section 18-
1-901 (3)(h.5).

(c) "Mental disease or defect" includes only those severely abnormal mental conditions
that grossly and demonstrably impair a person's perception or understanding of reality and that
are not attributable to the voluntary ingestion of alcohol or any other psychoactive substance but
does not include an abnormality manifested only by repeated criminal or otherwise antisocial
conduct.

(d) "Sexual orientation" has the same meaning as in section 18-9-121 (5)(b).

(3) This section shall apply to offenses committed on or after July 1, 1995.
Source: L. 95: Entire section added, p. 71, § 2, effective July 1. L. 2020: (2) amended,
(SB 20-221), ch. 279, p. 1365, § 2, effective July 13.
Cross references: For the legislative declaration in SB 20-221, see section 1 of chapter
279, Session Laws of Colorado 2020.
https://leg.colorado.gov/sites/default/ ... tle-16.pdf
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Closing arguments in progress...

Slava Ukraini!
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

If anyone would like to hear the closing arguments and rebuttal, you can listen to it at the following link. I can't timestamp until it goes into replay after the live stream is finished and at this writing, it's still streaming. What I have heard so far, there have been no courtroom theatrics, no shock and awe, nor hyperbole from either side. The atmosphere in the courtroom, which is full today, is just so deeply solemn and sad...as it should be.

Letecia Stauch Trial LIVE Day 20 LIVE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7p1Gi9bwfr0

Slava Ukraini!
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

A few random comments before I go off into in real life. If you want to hear the case laid out, listen to the DA's office closing. I'm just finishing up with it right now and whomever the attorney for the prosecution is (It's not the DA) he, of course, hasn't missed one single detail. All the activity, all the lies, etc., he's covering it all in a well prepared cohesive presentation.

There is a sense of grief in listening to this. I don't know if others who live out of state will feel that, but being an area resident, I sure do feel it. From a resident perspective, the disappearance of Gannon was horribly disturbing so was the search with it's sense of urgency. Listening to all the details (and this may sound trivial to most) I am sure that area residents can't help but think that as she was moving Gannon's body around town, that we might have unknowingly crossed paths with her. I hope that makes some sense without sounding self absorbed. But I remember those days and weeks of deep concern and paranoia, the urgency to find Gannon. The way the community came together on behalf of the family. It seemed like a very long time that we all lived under those conditions, waiting for answers and resolution.

In so many ways, Gannon became everyone's missing son. I don't know how to explain that but in spite of our issues, caring and helping, and all hands on deck, is what this community does best of all. Maybe it's the prevalence of military here. I don't know what it is, but you can count on residents of El Paso County and the outlying rural areas coming through.

I cannot even begin to imagine what it felt like to Gannon's family. I can't even make my mind fully go there, though I can get somewhat close. The sheer terror and desperation that they must have experienced only to learn what this (saying it now) heinous bitch did to their son. Covering her narcissistic ass the entire time. Looking out for #1. Trying to slither out of what she did the whole entire time and at every turn. Running from it and taking Gannon with her in her flight. Every move she made, every decision she made, every plan she made and carried out were all for herself.

Bitch.

Burn, Letecia. Burn.

Slava Ukraini!
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Just got back home. The case has gone to the jury.

Scott Reisch is leaving the stream on for the verdict so I can't timestamp anything. If anyone wishes to see the prosecution rebuttal by DA Michael J. Allen, it begins around the 4 hour, 28 minute mark.

Slava Ukraini!
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Jury was dismissed after 4 hours of deliberation. They resume on Monday at 9 a.m.

Here's 2+ minutes of local news.

Jury deliberation in Letecia Stauch murder trial to continue Monday
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHvvA9vaG6o

Slava Ukraini!
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Sat May 06, 2023 4:27 am
Jury was dismissed after 4 hours of deliberation. They resume on Monday at 9 a.m.

I listened to the closing arguments. Both sides did a solid job.

I saw commenters freaking out that the jury didn’t return a verdict before the end of the day. There’s a massive amount of evidence that has been admitted in this case. It would not surprise me if the jury reviewed most of it. That takes time.

I served on a jury for a criminal trial. The foreman had us look at each and every exhibit. It was a burglary, and the prosecution introduced a bunch of the items that had been stolen. Total waste of time — the nature or value of what has been stolen wasn’t at issue. But prosecutors seem to think juries like to review tangible evidence.

The jury also has to work through four different verdict forms — one for each count. And they have to consider T’s mental state at least twice: once at the time of the murder, and once at the time (s) she did something with the body, and at the time she cleaned up any evidence. That’s a lot to work through.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Sat May 06, 2023 5:11 am
Jersey Girl wrote:
Sat May 06, 2023 4:27 am

I listened to the closing arguments. Both sides did a solid job.

I saw commenters freaking out that the jury didn’t return a verdict before the end of the day. There’s a massive amount of evidence that has been admitted in this case. It would not surprise me if the jury reviewed most of it. That takes time.

I served on a jury for a criminal trial. The foreman had us look at each and every exhibit. It was a burglary, and the prosecution introduced a bunch of the items that had been stolen. Total waste of time — the nature or value of what has been stolen wasn’t at issue. But prosecutors seem to think juries like to review tangible evidence.

The jury also has to work through four different verdict forms — one for each count. And they have to consider T’s mental state at least twice: once at the time of the murder, and once at the time (s) she did something with the body, and at the time she cleaned up any evidence. That’s a lot to work through.
I agree with every single thing you stated above. The general public can be so stupid sometimes. We don't want the jury to return in 5 minutes. We want them to do their job and be painstakingly careful with their decisions about someone's life. As you noted, this case is so weighted down in evidence it's astounding. Something between 1500 and 2000 pieces of evidence are involved. I know I keep saying this but I've never seen such a complex case as this and I've followed quite a few. Oftentimes a trial takes about 2 weeks. Even the judge lost count of how many weeks this one has lasted. I don't remember either.

Speaking of the judge, I think Judge Werner has also done a tremendous job of keeping control over the courtroom and today, acknowledging the jury and attorneys and how in spite of how worn down everyone felt, they presented well. During Dr. Lewis' testimony, even Judge Werner lost his temper and if you've watched any of this trial, you can tell what a fine job he does. But even he was pushed to his limits during that testimony when Dr. Lewis persisted in speaking past a sustained objection.

I regret that I didn't pay closer attention the first day of her testimony. Boy did she ever blow it.

I thought the closings were respectful, professional, and not overly lengthy. No theatrics--remember Will Cook's theatrics at the start?--no over the top speeches and no dysregulated emotional content. I really appreciated the professional bearing of all the attorneys who delivered closing arguments and in particular that of DA Allen.

I left my viewing today with that same sense of appreciation that I often have for LE, CBI, FBI, forensic teams, and our court for the work that they do. And I am so proud of this community for the reasons I've listed many times on this thread.

While I was out driving today, I was thinking about how many people T victimized when she victimized Gannon and after. It's nearly beyond my ability to comprehend it. But...I had myself a good cry on the way to Walmart (because that's how it is with me) and prayers for all involved in the process...strength, courage, and comfort for Al and Landin and all those who love them and loved Gannon in this life.

Meanwhile...we trust the process and know that this is at least one weight that can be lifted off Al and Landin's hearts. No one can lift it all off their hearts but this much can be over unless T files for appeal and some part of me believes she 100% will because she just. never. stops. and hasn't stopped in 3 years.

All of this harm, damage, blatant carnage and destruction when she could have just walked out the front door and cooled down.

That really gets me as a wife, mother, and teacher. Who doesn't know that when your emotions are challenged by a child or the situation, that the answer is to disengage?

I'm tired of her. Listening to her. Watching her. Thinking about her. And yeah, I know I don't have to do it but following this trial is partly my way of honoring Gannon and giving support to his family, and the other part is my own catharsis. This case did a real number on me as I am sure it did to many an area resident. And so I bore you all with my comments here as I work through it for myself.

Thanks for your comments RI. It really helps to hear from an attorney looking in on this case. Your validation and correction are always appreciated by me.
Last edited by Jersey Girl on Sat May 06, 2023 6:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Slava Ukraini!
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Slava Ukraini!