Burn, Letecia

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Jersey Girl
God

Re: Burn, Letecia

Post by Jersey Girl »

Immediate sentencing to follow.

Judge Werner, after polling both the prosecution and defense, is going to proceed with immediate sentencing after he meets with the jury for approx. 30 minutes.

She'll get life in prison without the possibility of parole to start with for the first two counts. Tacked on additional sentencing for the second two charges.
Last edited by Jersey Girl on Mon May 08, 2023 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Hey Letecia!

BURN! Sit in your cell and BURN for the rest of your miserable stinking life!
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Victim's impact statements are powerful. I can't stay and listen right now but will listen later. If anyone would like to hear them, just use Scott's link above. I can't say for sure but I think Landin is sitting in front. She has blonde hair and is wearing black so far as I can tell. The woman I am seeing looks different than Landin but her appearance could have changed over the past three years. But I DO think it's her. Al can be seen sitting a bit further back. He's a tall man who is bald. Not the man wearing glasses.

Gannon's Aunt Veronica is leaving a Bible for Letecia.

Slava Ukraini!
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

ETA: It's Landin. She's speaking. I'm always impressed by her eloquence.

'He came into this world fighting for his life...he left this world fighting for his life.' ~ Landin Hiott

My God but she is powerful.

Slava Ukraini!
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

I’ve watched a bit of the victim statements. But the feed I see unfortunately also includes a live of the perpetrator, with what seems to be a perpetual smirk on her face. I can’t take much more of that.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Marcus wrote:
Mon May 08, 2023 9:10 pm
I’ve watched a bit of the victim statements. But the feed I see unfortunately also includes a live of the perpetrator, with what seems to be a perpetual smirk on her face. I can’t take much more of that.
She is vile.

Thank you for watching and bearing witness. I really appreciate that someone from out of state would take an interest.
Last edited by Jersey Girl on Tue May 09, 2023 12:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Slava Ukraini!
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

I stopped watching victim's impact when Al began because I needed to leave. Will watch that later. I just finished watching sentencing.

Timestamped for Judge Werner's remarks prior to sentencing. He excused himself for 10 minutes to collect his thoughts before this. In his remarks, he left nothing and no one unattended. Including her attempts to drag her own daughter and 8 year old (at the time) Laina into her web of lies while trying to avoid taking responsibility as well as the life long harm she did to both girls.

I'm feel a sense of reassurance and pride knowing that we have Judge Werner in this county. So well done.

https://youtu.be/1NZqOXxtSTk?t=24997

Slava Ukraini!
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

Judge Werner was quietly eloquent, and I really appreciated his words.

but my all time favorite is still Judge Newman in the Murdaugh trial. He sentencing was unbelievable. And he didn’t spare the Murdaugh legacy. When he said, to paraphrase, ‘your family members have sentenced many, many people to death in this very courtroom, for crimes far less heinous than yours…’ I felt the vindication in my bones. I hope it ultimately has meaning, but who knows.

In any case, the Stauch trial was well conducted by the Judge. Remember what a media circus the judge allowed in the o j Simpson trial? At least we seem to have moved past that, thankfully.
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Tue May 09, 2023 12:17 am
Marcus wrote:
Mon May 08, 2023 9:10 pm
She is vile.

Thank you for watching and bearing witness. I really appreciate that someone from out of state would take an interest.
You are quite welcome. I just finished explaining to my SO why I was watching this, which included telling him of the impact on you and your neighborhoods. He knew of this already, from the news, but he was even more empathetic and supportive once I explained how close this was to you.
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Tue May 09, 2023 12:22 am
I stopped watching victim's impact when Al began because I needed to leave. Will watch that later. I just finished watching sentencing.

Timestamped for Judge Werner's remarks prior to sentencing. He excused himself for 10 minutes to collect his thoughts before this. In his remarks, he left nothing and no one unattended. Including her attempts to drag her own daughter and 8 year old (at the time) Laina into her web of lies while trying to avoid taking responsibility as well as the life long harm she did to both girls.

I'm feel a sense of reassurance and pride knowing that we have Judge Werner in this county. So well done.

https://youtu.be/1NZqOXxtSTk?t=24997
I also thought his complete and total support of the Jury was very thoughtful and well said.