Burn, Letecia

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Marcus
God

Re: Burn, Letecia

Post by Marcus »

drumdude wrote:
Fri Mar 24, 2023 5:09 pm
Marcus wrote:
Fri Mar 24, 2023 3:58 pm

Ye A s, that was an amazing twist. Then, seeing how he repeatedly called back the kid who might have gotten that video, right after 'finding' the bodies AND seeing Paul's phone, If I recall correctly, was so telling. Re: being circumstantial, in my less generous moments about human nature, I wonder how many other families were annihilated in this manner without the perpetrator being serendipitously caught as this one was.
It seems like most of the family annihilators commit suicide after. I wonder if he initially planned on it as well and just couldn’t do it.
Thee was that incident about two months later where he apparently tried, but it's unclear to me. It could also be interpreted as yet another attempt to deflect the financial pressures.
Jurors in Alex Murdaugh murder trial hear him confess to orchestrating roadside shooting
By Avery G. Wilks, Thad Moore and Jocelyn Grzeszczak - Post & Courier - 2/16/23

Jurors in Alex Murdaugh’s double murder trial on Feb. 16 heard the once-prominent Hampton attorney confess to an entirely different crime: trying to orchestrate his own murder to leave behind a $10 million life insurance payout for his son.

“I was in a very bad place,” Murdaugh told state investigators in a September 2021 phone call that the public had never heard before. “I thought it would be better for me not to be here anymore. I thought that it would make it easier on my family for me to be dead.”

As they prepared to rest their case, prosecutors played a tape of the call to prove a key point in their theory that Murdaugh killed his wife, Maggie, and son Paul: When Murdaugh is confronted with crisis, violence happens.

Prosecutors note the September 2021 assisted suicide scheme came just one day after Murdaugh’s law partners confronted him with evidence he had stolen millions from his law firm and legal clients, then forced him to resign.

They say Murdaugh, 54, faced a similar crisis three months earlier, just hours before his wife and son were brutally killed at the family’s spacious estate.

A bookkeeper at Murdaugh’s law firm approached him and demanded proof he hadn’t taken some $792,000 in legal fees owed to the firm.

The S.C. Attorney General’s Office alleges Murdaugh killed Maggie, 52, and Paul, 22, to engender sympathy for himself and buy time to come up with those fees and avoid the exposure of his financial crimes. And the slayings did delay that reckoning: His law firm backed off its inquiry about the missing fees and rallied to Murdaugh’s aid, witnesses have testified.

Murdaugh, now disbarred, has denied any involvement in Maggie and Paul’s slayings. Throughout the first four weeks of his murder trial at the Colleton County Courthouse, his attorneys have sought to show the state charged Murdaugh with murder because incompetent investigators failed to collect potentially critical evidence that could have exonerated Murdaugh or incriminated other suspects.

Murdaugh’s lawyers say state prosecutors are highlighting their client’s other wrongdoing — including the staged shooting and his alleged decade-long crime spree — to bolster their weak murder case with unrelated evidence.

Murdaugh’s confession
Prosecutors on Feb. 16 played for jurors a tape of Murdaugh’s Sept. 13, 2021, interview with his attorneys, Dick Harpootlian and Jim Griffin, and State Law Enforcement Division investigator Ryan Kelly.

Murdaugh and his attorneys called Kelly from the Atlanta rehab facility where Murdaugh was receiving treatment for opioid abuse.

During the call, Murdaugh repeatedly apologized for lying to investigators about the shooting. Initially, he told them he had been shot by an unknown assailant as he stopped to inspect a flat tire on the side of a rural Hampton County road.

During this interview, he confessed he knew the news of his resignation and his myriad thefts were about to come out, and he wanted to die. He said he called his drug dealer, a disabled trucker named Curtis Edward Smith, and the two met to discuss killing Murdaugh.

Murdaugh figured his surviving son, Buster, could collect on his $10 million life insurance policy.

“I knew I was about to lose everything, and I figured he was better off that way than dealing with me,” Murdaugh told Kelly in the tape.

As his name was invoked on the tape, Buster bent forward in his seat in the courtroom.

In the call, Murdaugh said Smith was a little surprised at his request but didn’t take much convincing. The two drove off toward Old Salkehatchie Road. There, Murdaugh said, he punctured his own tire with a knife and tossed it into the grass across the road.

Murdaugh said he gave Smith a .38 revolver and stood still as Smith shot him in the back of the head and drove off. Murdaugh said the shot merely grazed him. He lost his vision briefly and became disoriented but survived.

Agent Kelly seemed incredulous. He repeatedly asked Murdaugh if he had paid Smith to shoot him. Murdaugh repeatedly said no.

“I’ll be honest,” Kelly said, “that doesn’t make any sense to me.”

“I understand,” Murdaugh said...
[emphasis added by me]
Jersey Girl
God

Re: From: Burn, Leticia

Post by Jersey Girl »

Day 1

Start at 4:41:45 where the jury is brought in. You can see how small the courtrooms are. I've been in them more than once although for an adoption finalization the courtroom was much larger. I don't know if that's Letecia to the right at the defense table. It appears to be her but I can't say for sure. I don't see Gannon's parents unless they are out of camera range. I'll probably link from Scott Reisch for the whole trial so long as he's streaming the trial. Anyway...here goes.

Letecia Stauch Trial LIVE! Opening Statements

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UisyQi3PBgA

Burn Letecia. Burn.
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

4:49:20-ish begins with audio (hard to see the video but it's online elsewhere) of Letecia interacting with Gannon the night he was assaulted and was dying. Then goes over his wounds and injuries.

Burn Letecia. Burn.

(Now I wish I were in the courtroom.)

ETA: It sounds like her daughter Harley is going to testify for the prosecution. She involved Harley in the cover up.
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Day 2

Al Stauch, Gannon's father, takes the stand...may comment later.

WATCH LIVE: Stepmom Murder Trial — CO v. Letecia Stauch — Day Two
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GCvsExbSats

*Scott Reisch's audio was inadequate. This is perfectly clear and easy to listen to.

Slava Ukraini!
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Al Stauch's questioning of Lie-tecia during hours and hours of recorded phone calls was nothing short of heroic. I've never heard these before so I don't think they've ever been released. I knew about some of the stories she told but not every detail like this. Just listening to it all was exhausting. I can't imagine what it was like for him to go through this to get to the bottom of his son's disappearance. He knows without a doubt that she's lying the whole entire time and yet her perseveres. This "woman" is Jodi Arias on steroids and I wouldn't be at all surprised if at some point a mental health professional testifies that she has Borderline Personality Disorder.

During the lengthy series of calls, Al listens to her go around in circles, ping from one issue to the next, supports with an air of understanding, and then later he brings her back to statements she's already made in an effort to get more detail and clarification out of her. If you're of a mind to listen from before the time stamp you'll see what i'm talking about.

Near the end of the calls that were aired today he becomes more strident and point blank asks her if she killed Gannon to which she takes great offense and starts going off on him. If you listen from the time stamp you'll hear it. You'll hear him tell her this is the fourth version of the story she's given him and continues from there on to confront.

During the calls, at one point, she asks who is listening in and he manages to distract her from that suspicion. He should be a professional interrogator. I have no idea where he developed the skill set that he employed throughout the calls. It sounds like it's his military training which he mentions.

To get a snapshot of what I am talking about you can take this time stamp and listen for even 10 minutes. It was incredible. Absolutely outstanding work.

https://youtu.be/dZV8QxISZwI?t=22423

More recorded calls to be played tomorrow.

Slava Ukraini!
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Day 3

Letecia Stauch Trial LIVE Day 3 LIVE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILaKQ5CGRy0

Not finished listening to today's events but still want to make comment here. Day 3 begins with more recorded calls between Al Stauch and Lie-tecia. From the first call, you can hear how he shifts his methods. But the second and third call, he begins hammering away at her and never once losing track of what she's said previously while the whole time all she wants is immunity and continues to talk in circles. He's been listening to her BS stories for weeks, all the while his son is missing. He finally takes her BS stories, calls them BS, and throws them right back in her face.

His son has been missing for approx. 3 weeks time at this point. The city of Colorado Springs is on high alert. Residents have been told to search their properties not knowing if they are looking for a runaway or abducted child or child remains. Living in an outlying rural area, we did as we were told. Again, not knowing what we might find or if some maniac was on the loose hiding out in the outlying rural areas and living on alert day and night. Search and rescue teams have been searching on the ground and using sonar equipment in area ponds in the South End of town where the Stauch residence is located as well as a huge Army Post. In another month to six weeks, residents will be on the first pandemic stay at home orders and the search will have moved north though I don't recall just now when that happened. I'm not sure if at this point Gannon's mother Landen was already back in the Springs. If so, I have already donated to the church that was keeping her and Gannon's sister Laina in a safe place providing food and shelter as did hundreds if not thousands of residents.

This is the start of the first call if anyone is of a mind to listen in:

ETA: After the break he's all over her not giving her an inch. What a sleazy slime wallowing piece of lying work she is. Al Stauch sits in the courtroom or on the stand, listening to this convoluted mess and trauma.
Last edited by Jersey Girl on Thu Apr 06, 2023 3:12 am, edited 3 times in total.

Slava Ukraini!
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Slava Ukraini!
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Thu Apr 06, 2023 12:51 am
Day 3

Not finished listening to today's events but still want to make comment here. Day 3 begins with more recorded calls between Al Stauch and Lie-tecia. From the first call, you can hear how he shifts his methods. But the second and third call, he begins hammering away at her and never once losing track of what she's said previously while the whole time all she wants is immunity and continues to talk in circles. He's been listening to her B.S. stories for weeks, all the while his son is missing. He finally takes her B.S. stories, calls them B.S., and throws them right back in her face.

His son has been missing for approx. 3 weeks time at this point. The city of Colorado Springs is on high alert. Residents have been told to search their properties not knowing if they are looking for a runaway or abducted child or child remains. Living in an outlying rural area, we did as we were told. Again, not knowing what we might find or if some maniac was on the loose hiding out in the outlying rural areas and living on alert day and night. Search and rescue teams have been searching on the ground and using sonar equipment in area ponds in the South End of town where the Stauch residence is located as well as a huge Army Post. In another month to six weeks, residents will be on the first pandemic stay at home orders and the search will have moved north though I don't recall just now when that happened. I'm not sure if at this point Gannon's mother Landen was already back in the Springs. If so, I have already donated to the church that was keeping her and Gannon's sister Laina in a safe place providing food and shelter as did hundreds if not thousands of residents.

ETA: After the break he's all over her not giving her an inch. What a sleazy slime wallowing piece of lying work she is. Al Stauch sits in the courtroom or on the stand, listening to this convoluted mess and trauma.
Watched up until the lunch break. Does not look good for her at all.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Thu Apr 06, 2023 3:23 am
Jersey Girl wrote:
Thu Apr 06, 2023 12:51 am
Day 3

Not finished listening to today's events but still want to make comment here. Day 3 begins with more recorded calls between Al Stauch and Lie-tecia. From the first call, you can hear how he shifts his methods. But the second and third call, he begins hammering away at her and never once losing track of what she's said previously while the whole time all she wants is immunity and continues to talk in circles. He's been listening to her B.S. stories for weeks, all the while his son is missing. He finally takes her B.S. stories, calls them B.S., and throws them right back in her face.

Watched up until the lunch break. Does not look good for her at all.
You deserve a gold medal for listening to that! Between her voice tones and fishtailing around it's a long hard slog. I think Al Stauch did an exemplary job of handling her. He started out with a kind of we're a team approach until the last calls when he finally let's loose and starts man handling her over the phone. Of course those could be standard interrogation tactics space over a period of weeks where the interrogator starts out bonding with the suspect then eventually becomes somewhat confrontational. That I've seen before.

A man interrogating his own wife over a span of time about the disappearance of his bio son? I haven't seen that before.

And in the end where she starts calling him a dumbass? She's lucky those sessions weren't done face to face.

Also, I noticed a discrepancy in my timeline above where I mirrored what was going on with the calls with what was happening in the communities involved. I forgot something important. She started to make up stories to match the search on the north end. Believe me when I tell you that all areas of the town and outlying areas were burdened for weeks on end by the disappearance of Gannon Stauch.

He became everyone's child.

The Petco trip was spotted on camera. If I recall correctly it shows her going in the store (which is more on the south end) and if If I recall correctly Gannon stayed in the car. That's on camera and still shots that were gathered during the investigation. Investigators were on her tail marking everywhere she went including the trip out to Florida and they never missed a beat. That will show up in trial I am sure.

I've seen the residential camera footage, the Petco shots, the crime scene photos and I've read about her multiple stories. But I have never heard audio of these calls and in my opinion Al Stauch did his son and his whole family proud in the way that he handled this especially when you consider the fact that he was the only pipeline they had to her and her thinking. The man never lost track of the details and I'm thinking he had notes to help with that. And as always, the truth lies somewhere in the telling.

The candle.
The carpet.
The blood.
The board.
The guns.
The blankets.
The cell phones.
The vehicles.
The Petco.
The County Line Rd.

All of that. It's there in her phone calls with Al.

Her daughter Harley is going to testify for the prosecution. My guess is that Harley want's a life of her own and is doing the right and best thing for all involved including herself and her future.

Slava Ukraini!
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Those calls were really hard to listen to.

Has she raised an insanity defense?
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.