Burn, Letecia

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Jersey Girl
God

Re: Burn, Letecia

Post by Jersey Girl »

Same moderator as above:
LA
23 minutes ago (edited)
I have additional notes..... stay tuned. I'm typing them out.....
From Tuesday source in courtroom:

the jury never sees the man dressed in plain clothes interact with LS. It's after the jury leaves, that he gets up to assist the bailiff.dressed in plain clothes. sits closest to the front.
LS has what appears to be a vest under her shirt, not thick but still could be kevlar. she also has something around her waist. don't know if for 'shock' or in case she loses it and they have to have easy access to handcuff her hands to waist. items adding to her bulkiness.
Jury did not see dr. in or out of wheelchair or to/from stand but did see the wheelchair in the courtroom.
dr.'s son was sending signs to Dr. L during her testimony. for 1 Q he was shaking his head "YES" in very obvious way to help her answer Qs.
Lot of people wearing red and black. Landen was wearing red and black.
Al was wearing blue argyle socks.not match his outfit. homage to Gannon.
no one in the jury was wearing red. they were wearing blue, teal and purple and green.
a lot of note writing/passing in gallery because can't talk. but they are all listening to same live YouTube channel (another channel not Scott's)
there was a gasp in the gallery when the Dr. L said "magic" unbelievable.

LA - Moderator for this channel.
See you Friday in chat all! :)
ETA: I don't feel too embarrassed by my sample notes I posted earlier. Apparently I'm not the only one writing in shorthand because it's so darn hard and convoluted to follow you have to cut corners to get anything down.
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Listening to this piece by piece today. It's about an hour. Helping me to get a better handle on the fatal flaws in Dr. Lewis' testimony. First time viewing this channel. I appreciate this attorney's approach. I knew she didn't come off well and my impression was that it was on account of the prosecuting attorney's hammering her and asking another question when she was already answering one question. I stand by my observation that her responses were measured and she chose her words carefully. She was trying to be thorough in her responses and provide additional information. I'm not denying that she made mistakes. From the get, she didn't know the legal definition of insanity in the state of Colorado and didn't include that in her report. So...for whatever it may be worth to anyone interested, here's an attorney critiquing her testimony during cross by the prosecution.

Like he said, she's well qualified to testify but did she display bias? Probably so.

LIVE! Real Lawyer Reacts: Stauch Trial Update: Defense Doctor Struggles On cross While State Hammers
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=irZ-aHseRzo
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Do we know why her son sat in on the evaluation and appeared to be signaling to her in court? That's just weird.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Thu May 04, 2023 6:07 pm
Do we know why her son sat in on the evaluation and appeared to be signaling to her in court? That's just weird.

Don't take this as gospel but...If I recall correctly she said she adopted the practice to have someone sit in for personal security reasons. She spoke about how a patient might unexpectedly react to questions with violent outbursts.

I don't know about the son signaling her in court.

I think it's true that when Judge Werner apparently had to address someone smoking in the stairwell of the courthouse that it was her son and it was weed. The courthouse has a nice courtyard adjacent to the jury duty room where he could've gone for his smokes so I don't know why he didn't use that area. I'm not sure if it's legal to smoke weed in public here.

I'm sure her son came out with her to act as her assistant because she uses a wheelchair so she'd need support getting around and getting things done.

That attorney I linked above is a personal injury attorney in Florida for whatever that's worth. I liked his approach and noticed he's live right now but I don't have time to watch until later.

Between the prosecuting attorney hammering her and her speaking slowly and going off on tangents, it's almost as impossible to slog through her testimony as it was to listen to the Al/T phone calls. Mind numbing. I haven't been able to watch as much as I would have liked this week--busy in real life things going on but that's probably overall a good thing. ;)

Slava Ukraini!
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

There's a documentary about Dr. Lewis on youtube from HBO. It's called Crazy, Not Insane from 2020. It's my understanding that this is how the defense found Dr. Lewis. I can't copy and paste right now. You can find the trailer and the full doc on youtube.

Slava Ukraini!
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

ETA: Just forget me. What I thought was the full doc on youtube is not the full doc. I give! :?

Slava Ukraini!
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Thu May 04, 2023 5:09 pm
Listening to this piece by piece today. It's about an hour. Helping me to get a better handle on the fatal flaws in Dr. Lewis' testimony. First time viewing this channel. I appreciate this attorney's approach. I knew she didn't come off well and my impression was that it was on account of the prosecuting attorney's hammering her and asking another question when she was already answering one question. I stand by my observation that her responses were measured and she chose her words carefully. She was trying to be thorough in her responses and provide additional information. I'm not denying that she made mistakes. From the get, she didn't know the legal definition of insanity in the state of Colorado and didn't include that in her report. So...for whatever it may be worth to anyone interested, here's an attorney critiquing her testimony during cross by the prosecution.

Like he said, she's well qualified to testify but did she display bias? Probably so.

LIVE! Real Lawyer Reacts: Stauch Trial Update: Defense Doctor Struggles On cross While State Hammers
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=irZ-aHseRzo
I listened, and I think her testimony was incredibly weak. That explains why the defense opening statement did not talk about the subject of her opinions at all. They just had her testify as to her conclusions on direct. The conclusion she testified to was not phrased in terms of the legal definition of insanity. They did not even try to have her explain the basis for her opinion. All the defense is going to do is argue that the experts reached different conclusions, and that's enough for reasonable doubt. If she were a strong witness, the defense would have used her testimony on direct to explain to the jury why they should believe her opinion.

Her cross was, I think, a disaster for T. She didn't know the legal standard. She couldn't remember the kind of material she reviewed. Her statements saying that prosecution and defense experts are expected to be slanted in favor of the client was inexcusable. She didn't even know that the expert put on by the prosecution was a neutral expert appointed by the court -- not an expert retained by the prosecutor. The prosecutor got a bunch of good testimony from her that he will use to crucify her in closing argument. That's the thing about cross examination -- good lawyers get stuff they can use in closing (or even on rebuttal) that may not be obvious when just listening to the cross.

I think T is headed to prison.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

I'm listening to his second part on that. I'll comment later. One thing he brought out in the second part is that SHE (Dr. Lewis) contacted the defense attorneys to tell them that the two tests were not needed! :o

What a total cluster!

ETA: That totally nullifies her assertion that the state wouldn't pay for the tests AND that the defense attorneys lied to her!

WTH!
Last edited by Jersey Girl on Fri May 05, 2023 4:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Slava Ukraini!
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Part two: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vsmmn_uBU7g

How this Lawyer You Know channel escaped my attention I have no idea. Really appreciating him!

What's your impression, RI? He sounds on point to me.

ETA: Oh sht. He's got the jury questions we couldn't hear yesterday. :shock:

Slava Ukraini!
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

You can see how the online true crime community has people in the courtroom. Questions from the jury were excellent. We might be oxygen deprived up here but we're not stupid. :)

LieTecia is screwed for life.
Last edited by Jersey Girl on Fri May 05, 2023 4:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Slava Ukraini!