Rules and Moderator information

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Lem
God

Re: Rules and Moderator information

Post by Lem »

Xenophon wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 1:34 pm
ceeboo wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 1:26 pm
I would like to request that a new forum is created just for me. I want a place where I can discuss things with myself - where I am not distracted by the opinions, perspectives, and thoughts of others.

In addition, I would like to have the ability to remove any posts that I write from these discussions that I am having with myself - and I would also like to have the authority to ban myself if I feel a banning is warranted.

My preference would be to have this forum's location be placed between Spirit Paradise and Spirit Prison and I would like it to be called "Ceeboo Paradise."

I eagerly await a decision based upon this request.

Sincerely,

Ceeboo
Great news, Ceebs. You can effectively replicate this right now. For your own discussion place that is free of other's influence you can just send private messages to yourself (yes this absolutely does work). Because they are your own DMs you can control the content by not typing things you don't like and you can also delete them from your inbox. To ban yourself, simply unplug your router or setup a block to the website via your browser.

Unfortunately only admins can place the forum where you requested and as this is a moderator thread and not an admin thread I'm unable to help you. However if you cross your eyes while viewing the board and hold your head just right, you can probably get the "private message" button to look like it is between Paradise and Prison
:lol: What excellent advice. I'm so glad we have moderators again.
ceeboo
God

Post by ceeboo »

Xenophon wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 1:34 pm
ceeboo wrote:
I would like to request that a new forum is created just for me. I want a place where I can discuss things with myself - where I am not distracted by the opinions, perspectives, and thoughts of others.

In addition, I would like to have the ability to remove any posts that I write from these discussions that I am having with myself - and I would also like to have the authority to ban myself if I feel a banning is warranted.

My preference would be to have this forum's location be placed between Spirit Paradise and Spirit Prison and I would like it to be called "Ceeboo Paradise."

Sincerely,

Ceeboo
Great news, Ceebs. You can effectively replicate this right now. For your own discussion place that is free of other's influence you can just send private messages to yourself (yes this absolutely does work). Because they are your own DMs you can control the content by not typing things you don't like and you can also delete them from your inbox. To ban yourself, simply unplug your router or setup a block to the website via your browser.

Unfortunately only admins can place the forum where you requested and as this is a moderator thread and not an admin thread I'm unable to help you. However if you cross your eyes while viewing the board and hold your head just right, you can probably get the "private message" button to look like it is between Paradise and Prison
:lol:
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Lem wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 1:43 pm

:lol: What excellent advice. I'm so glad we have moderators again.
Ich auch.
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Some Schmo
God

Post by Some Schmo »

ceeboo wrote:
Res Ipsa wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 1:11 am
Please feel free to make requests or suggestions......

Sincerely,

Ceeboo
What's you're describing is a diary, or more accurately (since you want it public) a web log (or "blog" for short) with the comments disabled.

(I may not have it right, but I think you were joking. I'm only commenting because...)

Didn't this board used to have a place for blogs?
Religion is for people whose existential fear is greater than their common sense.

The god idea is popular with desperate people.
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Some Schmo wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 6:21 pm
ceeboo wrote:

Sincerely,

Ceeboo
What's you're describing is a diary, or more accurately (since you want it public) a web log (or "blog" for short) with the comments disabled.

(I may not have it right, but I think you were joking. I'm only commenting because...)

Didn't this board used to have a place for blogs?
I think that’s what the blue color for people’s names was for. I don’t recall whether that meant blogs connected with the site or blogs anywhere.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:01 pm

I think that’s what the blue color for people’s names was for. I don’t recall whether that meant blogs connected with the site or blogs anywhere.
Yes, there used to be blogs. Some of us started blogs. Shades suddenly deleted my blog (probably that of some others) because he said it wasn't LDS related. I lost a lot of personally meaningful content when I lost that blog.
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
ceeboo
God

Post by ceeboo »

Some Schmo wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 6:21 pm
(I may not have it right, but I think you were joking.......
Yes, you had it right, I was obviously joking.
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Hello,

An issue has come up that we’d like to address: the changing of material that is marked as a quote, either using the quote function or quotation marks. Both of these conventions tells the reader that she is reading exactly what the quoted person said.

If you want to use either of these conventions and change the quoted material, please mark any changes to the text so that the reader understands how you edited the text. Also, please put something in your post that makes it clear that what appears in the quote box or between quote marks is not the original quote.

Our concern is to avoid readers being misled and peoples’ words being misrepresented.

Thanks,
RI
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Cultellus

Post by Cultellus »

Thank you.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Can I change my screen name or should I just create an alt account to mess with you guy's head?

Serious question.

Slava Ukraini!