Rules and Moderator information

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Jersey Girl
God

Re: JEW HATING PROGRESSIVE HELPS DEFUND THE MINNEAPOLIS POLICE DEPARTMENT THEN BLAMES THE POLICE FOR THE RISING CRIME RA

Post by Jersey Girl »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Wed Oct 27, 2021 11:45 pm
Jersey Girl wrote:
Wed Oct 27, 2021 11:40 pm

I don't really care if you do/do not delete the extraneous posts. I would like a ruling on the all caps business. So, if that needs to happen in the Mod Forum, feel free. If you need me to actually report on a post, I will do that. Just lemme know what's best on the mod's end of the deal.
I'll take it up on the mod board. Your request is a sufficient report.

Thanks, RI. I think the all caps thing makes this place look like a pack of raving loons who suffer from Tourette syndrome were let loose and cannot control themselves. To be fair, it's only one poster, but still and all when someone looks in they've got blatant LUNATIC YELLING that looks an awful lot like hate speech in their faces. In any case, please be sure that Shades makes the final ruling because I don't know what his current thinking is on this issue.

I'd like a discussion/ruling on another thing. I'll put that in a separate post.
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Jersey Girl
God

Re: Rules and Moderator information

Post by Jersey Girl »

I'd like some kind of discussion and determination made about the phrase pink vagina hat that is being used repeatedly by Altanticmike and primarily to female posters. You can search on that phrase for evidence.

First of all, that's not the name of the hat in question. The hat makes a political statement in the sense that it was intended to reclaim the term "pussy" based on sexist remarks made towards women. When a male poster uses the phrase pink vagina hat, he is not only misrepresenting the term, he is reducing the hat and what it symbolizes to a woman's body part which is exactly the reason the hat was created to oppose such remarks.

Name

The creators state that the name refers to the resemblance of the top corners of the hats to cat ears while also attempting to reclaim the term "pussy", a play on Trump's widely reported 2005 remarks that women would let him "grab them by the pussy."[6][7] Many of the hats worn by marchers in Washington, D.C., were created by crafters who were unable to attend and wished them to be worn by those who could, to represent their presence. Those hats optionally contained notes from the crafters to the wearers, expressing support. They were distributed by the crafters, by yarn stores at the points of origin, carried to the event by marchers, and also distributed at the destination.[8] The production of the hats caused reported shortages of pink knitting yarn across the United States.[9][10][11][12] On the day of the march, NPR compared the hats to the "Make America Great Again" hats worn by Trump supporters, in that both represented groups that had at one point been politically marginalized; both sent "simultaneously unifying and antagonistic" messages; and both were simple in their messages.[13]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pussyhat

I see this issue as being no different than when people choose to dehumanize and/or objectify African Americans when they use the N-word. I think someone (mods/admin) need to examine this as a form of harassment/sexual harassment and make a decision.

I'm requesting that moderators and admin discuss this issue and make a ruling on this. When a ruling is reached and posted, I would like to know what the reasoning was for the outcome.
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Thu Oct 28, 2021 1:27 am
I'd like some kind of discussion and determination made about the phrase pink vagina hat that is being used repeatedly by Altanticmike and primarily to female posters. You can search on that phrase for evidence.

First of all, that's not the name of the hat in question. The hat makes a political statement in the sense that it was intended to reclaim the term "pussy" based on sexist remarks made towards women. When a male poster uses the phrase pink vagina hat, he is not only misrepresenting the term, he is reducing the hat and what it symbolizes to a woman's body part which is exactly the reason the hat was created to oppose such remarks.

Name

The creators state that the name refers to the resemblance of the top corners of the hats to cat ears while also attempting to reclaim the term "pussy", a play on Trump's widely reported 2005 remarks that women would let him "grab them by the pussy."[6][7] Many of the hats worn by marchers in Washington, D.C., were created by crafters who were unable to attend and wished them to be worn by those who could, to represent their presence. Those hats optionally contained notes from the crafters to the wearers, expressing support. They were distributed by the crafters, by yarn stores at the points of origin, carried to the event by marchers, and also distributed at the destination.[8] The production of the hats caused reported shortages of pink knitting yarn across the United States.[9][10][11][12] On the day of the march, NPR compared the hats to the "Make America Great Again" hats worn by Trump supporters, in that both represented groups that had at one point been politically marginalized; both sent "simultaneously unifying and antagonistic" messages; and both were simple in their messages.[13]

I see this issue as being no different than when people choose to dehumanize and/or objectify African Americans when they use the N-word. I think someone (mods/admin) need to examine this as a form of harassment/sexual harassment and make a decision.

I'm requesting that moderators and admin discuss this issue and make a ruling on this. When a ruling is reached and posted, I would like to know what the reasoning was for the outcome.
For clarification, do you believe a Atlantic Mike’s use of the term violates a current rule or are you requesting a modification of the rules?
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Lem
God

Post by Lem »

Jersey Girl wrote:

Name

Thank you for your post, jersey girl. I have objected to the phrase as well, on at least 2 occasions, first as a report asking the term be moved which was denied, and then second as a follow up request that that decision be reconsidered on the grounds that if "throbbing tapir dick" was a phrase that was objectionable enough to move due to it being considered R rated content, then so was "pink vagina hat."

You have explained what is objectionable far, far better than I did, and I am positive the mods will give your argument the due consideration it deserves.
Lem
God

Post by Lem »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Thu Oct 28, 2021 1:43 am
Jersey Girl wrote:

For clarification, do you believe a Atlantic Mike’s use of the term violates a current rule or are you requesting a modification of the rules?
I know you weren't asking me, but in case you would like to hear from a second voice, it seems obvious that the rule you used to move the personal attack of "throbbing tapir dick" would be sufficient grounds to move the personal attack of "pink vagina hat" as well.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Lem wrote:
Thu Oct 28, 2021 1:50 am
Jersey Girl wrote:

Thank you for your post, jersey girl. I have objected to the phrase as well, on at least 2 occasions, first as a report asking the term be moved which was denied, and then second as a follow up request that that decision be reconsidered on the grounds that if "throbbing tapir dick" was a phrase that was objectionable enough to move due to it being considered R rated content, then so was "pink vagina hat."

You have explained what is objectionable far, far better than I did, and I am positive the mods will give your argument the due consideration it deserves.
Lem, who used the tern throbbing tapir dick and in what forum? I don't read all that much in Terrestrial, is that where it was posted and then what, relocated to Telestial?

I don't know how well of a job I did of explaining my objection, but we'll see if further comment is needed, I guess.

Let me go check the search results on the phrase in question though. I might be overlooking something here.

Slava Ukraini!
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Okay, so some of the instances of the use of the phrase pink vagina hat have been relocated to Prison. The majority of instances still appear in Paradise, and there is one instance of it's use in Terrestrial.

Slava Ukraini!
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

It should be noted my use of “HUGE THROBBING TAPIR DICK” was used to describe an off-board personality while the portapotty’s use of “pink vagina hat” is used to harass active board members in-thread.

It’s a bit of nuance, but it is nuance nevertheless.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Lem
God

Post by Lem »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Thu Oct 28, 2021 2:14 am
It should be noted my use of “HUGE THROBBING TAPIR DICK” was used to describe an off-board personality while the portapotty’s use of “pink vagina hat” is used to harass active board members in-thread.

It’s a bit of nuance, but it is nuance nevertheless.

- Doc
And it got moved. No problem. As per the rules. (also, a one-time event, but, still moved.)

But the current use of the other term, clearly AND REPEATEDLY (and REPEATEDLY, AND REPEATEDLY, AND REPEATEDLY, AND REPEATEDLY) intended as a personal attack on a poster AM knows is female, is NOT currently moved.
Last edited by Lem on Thu Oct 28, 2021 2:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Thu Oct 28, 2021 1:43 am
Jersey Girl wrote:

I'm asking that moderators and admin discuss the issue and make a ruling on this phrase using the same principles of reasoning that were were used to rule against the use of the words...Lord, forgive me.

Cunt
Nigger
Retard

Additionally, on the previous now broken and recently archived board, I was outright and directly told by one male poster to “F” another male poster. Shades ruled against that suggestion and either relocated the post or edited the post from within. I believe that he actually took both actions in that case.

I also wouldn't mind seeing the word Nazi ruled on here unless it is being used in the formal and appropriate sense as a reference to actual Nazi's.

So there you go, RI. If you need to ask me more questions, feel free and I'll do my best to answer.

Slava Ukraini!