Rules and Moderator information

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Res Ipsa
God

Re: Rules and Moderator information

Post by Res Ipsa »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Fri Dec 31, 2021 6:59 pm
Last I read, Shades said that each poster could only have ONE screen name and no socks. Someone needs to get back on the horse with that. Just a heads up.
No, that’s not quite right. The new sock puppet rule does not apply to socks that existed at the time the rule was enacted. Shades asked folks to voluntarily give up their grandfathered socks, but they aren’t required to do so. Going forward, newly created socks will be summarily banned or deleted.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Fri Dec 31, 2021 6:57 pm
Marcus wrote:
Fri Dec 31, 2021 6:34 pm

Binger's back! After what, four weeks? Hmm.. I know the mods can't confirm or deny, but anyone want to make a small wager with me that oceanboy got a brief suspension and has decided to fire up a sock puppet? :D
I can't exactly figure out what you mean by that but if one is suspended, likewise are one's alts.
Are you positive about that? Is it automatic, or would the suspension have to be done manually for each?
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Marcus wrote:
Fri Dec 31, 2021 7:37 pm
Jersey Girl wrote:
Fri Dec 31, 2021 6:57 pm

I can't exactly figure out what you mean by that but if one is suspended, likewise are one's alts.
Are you positive about that? Is it automatic, or would the suspension have to be done manually for each?
If I recall correctly it's manually for each. When a mod opens a user history display, it shows all the socks as well.
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Universal Rule #11

Do not create "sock puppet" accounts. Whichever account you initially signed up with is the only one you need; any further accounts by the same person will be deleted.
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

Well, looks like everyone is having fun. : D

Get your wiggles out; I’ll be back in a few to clean the thread up.
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Fri Dec 31, 2021 7:39 pm
Marcus wrote:
Fri Dec 31, 2021 7:37 pm

If I recall correctly it's manually for each. When a mod opens a user history display, it shows all the socks as well.
Thanks for the information. Well, the children who "literally can’t behave any other way" have decided to invade the adult's table so there's no point in trying to continue discussing the OP topic, at least until a mod moves all the off-topic stuff, so i'll just leave you with this...

Happy New Year!!!
Last edited by Marcus on Fri Dec 31, 2021 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Fri Dec 31, 2021 7:49 pm
Universal Rule #11

Do not create "sock puppet" accounts. Whichever account you initially signed up with is the only one you need; any further accounts by the same person will be deleted.
We know, Jersey Girl. Please read what Shades said when he announced the sock puppet rule. The rule applies prospectively only. If any of the socks currently posting are newly created accounts, we will ban them.
he/him

Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Fri Dec 31, 2021 8:09 pm
Jersey Girl wrote:
Fri Dec 31, 2021 7:49 pm
We know, Jersey Girl. Please read what Shades said when he announced the sock puppet rule. The rule applies prospectively only. If any of the socks currently posting are newly created accounts, we will ban them.
Let's not forget the spirit of the law. Please do something mod team.

Slava Ukraini!
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Fri Dec 31, 2021 7:12 pm
The new sock puppet rule does not apply to socks that existed at the time the rule was enacted. Shades asked folks to voluntarily give up their grandfathered socks, but they aren’t required to do so. Going forward, newly created socks will be summarily banned or deleted.
Existing chaos is accepted, but no new chaos.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Fri Dec 31, 2021 10:00 pm
Res Ipsa wrote:
Fri Dec 31, 2021 8:09 pm

Let's not forget the spirit of the law. Please do something mod team.
It hasn't been forgotten. The fact that socks are used is a different issue than how they are used.
he/him