Rules and Moderator information

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Res Ipsa
God

Rules and Moderator information

Post by Res Ipsa »

I’ve created this thread for general discussions about rules and how they are applied and enforced. Please feel free to make requests or suggestions. Please continue to use the report function to call our attention to posts that violate the rules. You can always contact us by Private Message.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Jersey Girl
God

Re: Rules and Moderator information

Post by Jersey Girl »

with regard to the report function. I'd like to request that instead of reciting the rules, that posters do just that. Report whatever the perceived violation might be and let the mods take it from there. There's a situation on one of the threads here in Paradise where posters, though they meant well, did that and now there's a derail. Yes, I took part in the derail. It's been reported.

Just use the report button folks.

Like I didn't do when I added to the derail. ;-)
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Lem
God

Post by Lem »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 1:43 am
<snipped>
Posts moved, UR 2, FR 4 — RI
I only quoted jersey so you would know where this is from.

I understand UR 2 to be Universal Rule 2, but what is "FR 4"?

I thought it was forum rule, but there is no rule 4 in spirit prison or spirit paradise.

What is FR 4?
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Lem wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 3:36 am
Jersey Girl wrote:
<snipped>

I understand UR 2 to be Universal Rule 2, but what is "FR 4"?

I thought it was forum rule, but there is no rule 4 in spirit prison or spirit paradise.

What is FR 4?
My bad. I transposed the numbers. It should read UR 4, FR 2. FR is “Forum Rule.”

Thanks
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Lem
God

Post by Lem »

That was quick!!!!!

Thank you!
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Lem wrote:
Jersey Girl wrote:
<snipped>
Did I do something wrong?
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Lem
God

Post by Lem »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 3:49 am
Lem wrote:

No no no! I just didn't know what "forum rule 4" was!
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Lem wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 3:55 am
Jersey Girl wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 3:49 am

No no no! I just didn't know what "forum rule 4" was!
Okay, because I didn't do anything wrong. I swear on Shades. 8-)

Slava Ukraini!
ceeboo
God

Post by ceeboo »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 1:11 am
Please feel free to make requests or suggestions......
I would like to request that a new forum is created just for me. I want a place where I can discuss things with myself - where I am not distracted by the opinions, perspectives, and thoughts of others.

In addition, I would like to have the ability to remove any posts that I write from these discussions that I am having with myself - and I would also like to have the authority to ban myself if I feel a banning is warranted.

My preference would be to have this forum's location be placed between Spirit Paradise and Spirit Prison and I would like it to be called "Ceeboo Paradise."

I eagerly await a decision based upon this request.

Sincerely,

Ceeboo
Xenophon
Savior (resurrected state)

Post by Xenophon »

ceeboo wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 1:26 pm
I would like to request that a new forum is created just for me. I want a place where I can discuss things with myself - where I am not distracted by the opinions, perspectives, and thoughts of others.

In addition, I would like to have the ability to remove any posts that I write from these discussions that I am having with myself - and I would also like to have the authority to ban myself if I feel a banning is warranted.

My preference would be to have this forum's location be placed between Spirit Paradise and Spirit Prison and I would like it to be called "Ceeboo Paradise."

I eagerly await a decision based upon this request.

Sincerely,

Ceeboo
Great news, Ceebs. You can effectively replicate this right now. For your own discussion place that is free of other's influence you can just send private messages to yourself (yes this absolutely does work). Because they are your own DMs you can control the content by not typing things you don't like and you can also delete them from your inbox. To ban yourself, simply unplug your router or setup a block to the website via your browser.

Unfortunately only admins can place the forum where you requested and as this is a moderator thread and not an admin thread I'm unable to help you. However if you cross your eyes while viewing the board and hold your head just right, you can probably get the "private message" button to look like it is between Paradise and Prison
He/Him

“If you consider what are called the virtues in mankind, you will find their growth is assisted by education and cultivation.”
― Xenophon