Rules and Moderator information

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Re: Rules and Moderator information

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Xenophon wrote:
Tue Jan 10, 2023 10:28 pm
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Tue Jan 10, 2023 10:25 pm
Ok. You can use the board emojis like this:

:twisted: :roll: :!:

But if you use, say emojis from an ipad this happens (I’ll attempt to post three in a row):

🖤 💜 ❤️ <- only one is showing despite having emplaced three hearts

Perhaps it’s a glitch?
If it helps I can see all three (black purple red), although I do find non-board based emojis can be slow to load. I also have mixed success based on browser use. Between various locations and devices I use a mix of Edge/Chrome/Firefox and emoji display isn't always the same between them
Weird. I wasn’t having any issues with emojis before today.

🖤 🐩 🐱

^ there should be three

Oh, well. I’ll just use the board’s emojis.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Res Ipsa wrote:
Tue Jan 10, 2023 10:35 pm
🧟‍♂️

Yep, I inserted a troll emoji from my computer's set. They've worked in the past. Maybe some update to something broke them.
Weird. I don’t see anything. Maybe my ipad is going tits up. *shrugs*
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Tue Jan 10, 2023 10:38 pm
Res Ipsa wrote:
🧟‍♂️

Yep, I inserted a troll emoji from my computer's set. They've worked in the past. Maybe some update to something broke them.
I can see it when I use the quote function, but once I submit the post, I can't see it either. I don't think it's your iPad.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Res Ipsa wrote:
:D :D
🧟‍♂️

Same for me, maybe my android is going dicks up.

And yes it has two dicks. When you show your two iPad tits, I’ll show my two android dicks. :D :D :D :D
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Marcus wrote:
Tue Jan 10, 2023 10:46 pm
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:

Same for me, maybe my android is going dicks up.

And yes it has two dicks. When you show your two iPad tits, I’ll show my two android dicks. :D :D :D :D

Tits out and dicks up! sounds like something an assault team leader should say before going hot on a target. Lol.

- Doc
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Tue Jan 10, 2023 10:50 pm

Tits out and dicks up! sounds like something an assault team leader should say before going hot on a target. Lol.

- Doc
now that’s how you involve everyone.

Ready and waiting!
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Perhaps mods should pow wow with regard to the latest troll which involves attributing false quotes to forum users. with regard to board continuity it throws a wrench into user content, especially so when communal memory is dependent on the search function producing reliable quotes and content from board members.

- Doc
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Tue Jan 10, 2023 11:09 pm
Perhaps mods should pow wow with regard to the latest troll which involves attributing false quotes to forum users. with regard to board continuity it throws a wrench into user content, especially so when communal memory is dependent on the search function producing reliable quotes and content from board members.

- Doc
I don't think we need to pow wow. That's been part of the hadith for quite a while now. It's something like, "when you quote another user, do not change the text of the quote without making it clear that you have done so. All you need to do is report.

Thanks.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Tue Jan 10, 2023 11:13 pm
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Tue Jan 10, 2023 11:09 pm

- Doc
I don't think we need to pow wow. That's been part of the hadith for quite a while now. It's something like, "when you quote another user, do not change the text of the quote without making it clear that you have done so. All you need to do is report.

Thanks.
“All you need to do is report”?

Sure. That would work if moderators did anything more than say “tut, tut”,

and “stop that now, you know we have rules,”

and on the 10th violation or so “that’s it! Now you are banned… FOR THREE WHOLE DAYS! When you come back, we expect to see an improvement in your behavior! Seriously!”

Come on, guys. It is absolutely clear that the intent here is to allow abusive trolling. Just because you guys manage to isolate it to a few forums doesn’t mean that this is not the reputation our forum is getting.

We are the forum that allows sexual harassment, personal crap that is despicable, and attacks on family members (which are usually deleted but not until AFTER they occur, which means — we allow attacks on family members), all in the name of allowing free speech.

It’s a really crappy position to take. I realize Shades dictates this, so, thanks, Shades. You allow harassment and abuse, because you think free speech allows for people to harass and abuse others. That’s a position to take, sure, Shades. Not an ethical, moral, decent, logical, or humane one.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

If the rules don't exist to punish but rather to teach, then maybe you guys should ask someone who knows how to employ behavior guidance techniques how to do it.

;)
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!