Thursday Election Updates

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Res Ipsa
God

Re: Thursday Election Updates

Post by Res Ipsa »

PA: 22K votes (Trump)

GA: 1800 votes (Trump)

If Biden wins PA, he wins the election. If he wins GA, he needs to win AZ, NV, NC, or AK.

Based on the trends we’ve seen and where the uncounted votes are, Biden should hold the lead in both when the mail in ballots are counted. What I don’t know is how many provisional ballots there are or what the deadline for military ballots is.

ETA: In GA, provisional ballots will be counted when the mail in votes are finished. Also, Friday is the deadline for receipt of military and overseas ballots and curing of rejected ballots.

In PA, counting of provisional ballots will start after mail ins are finished. Overseas and military ballots must be received within a week of Election Day. No idea how many of those there are.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

subgenius wrote:
Fri Nov 06, 2020 1:58 am
Res Ipsa wrote:
Fri Nov 06, 2020 1:55 am
Georgia on my mind. Trump’s lead down to about 3600 votes. Per 538.
and it only took a water main break...
Did you even listen to what Trump himself said or are you hell bent on misquoting him?
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Subbie Badger don’t give a crap.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Nomomo
Priest

Post by Nomomo »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Fri Nov 06, 2020 5:47 am
Subbie Badger don’t give a crap.
Ajax is just a moron (mostly is lying to himself), but Subbie is a DISHONEST moron, who knows when he is lying / and or distorting the truth to others.
by the way, could someone please remind me, is Subbie a believing Mo? I don't remember.
MeDotOrg
2nd Quorum of 70

Post by MeDotOrg »

It is not impossible for a tie at 269-269. In that event, GOP lawyers will proclaim that Nancy Pelosi is no longer Speaker of the House, and hereby proclaim Kevin McCarthy as Speaker.
The great problem of any civilization is how to rejuvenate itself without rebarbarization.
- Will Durant
"Of what meaning is the world without mind? The question cannot exist."
- Edwin Land
Nomomo
Priest

Post by Nomomo »

MeDotOrg wrote:
Fri Nov 06, 2020 6:09 am
It is not impossible for a tie at 269-269. In that event, GOP lawyers will proclaim that Nancy Pelosi is no longer Speaker of the House, and hereby proclaim Kevin McCarthy as Speaker.
I checked, you are right it is not impossible at the moment. Scary!
Some Schmo
God

Post by Some Schmo »

MeDotOrg wrote:
Fri Nov 06, 2020 6:09 am
It is not impossible for a tie at 269-269.
Trump would have to win PA for that to happen. That ain't happening.
Religion is for people whose existential fear is greater than their common sense.

The god idea is popular with desperate people.
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Some Schmo wrote:
Fri Nov 06, 2020 6:27 am
Trump would have to win PA for that to happen. That ain't happening.
Trump still leads by about 18,000 votes. Georgia seems awfully close, but with only 1% of the vote not counted, it will probably go to Trump.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Nomomo
Priest

Post by Nomomo »

Moksha wrote:
Fri Nov 06, 2020 6:35 am
Georgia seems awfully close, but with only 1% of the vote not counted, it will probably go to Trump.
I will be elated if you are wrong, but unfortunately you probably correct.

I lost my hope for Georgia when I read that a lot of the votes yet to be counted in Georgia are coming from overseas. And the majority of those overseas ballots are from the military,

Unfortunately, a majority percentage of the military personnel are are so frickin' gawdammned stupid that they support the guy who calls them losers for wasting their time and risking their lives by serving their country.
Go figure....
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

Nomomo wrote:
Fri Nov 06, 2020 7:11 am
Unfortunately, a majority percentage of the military personnel are are so frickin' gawdammned stupid that they support the guy who calls them losers for wasting their time and risking their lives by serving their country.
Go figure....
I fervently hope you're wrong about that, but even if you're not, it seems highly probable that Trump will win in PA, AZ and NV, which will put him over the top. Still, the more decisive Biden's win, the better, as far as I'm concerned, so I would relish the additional gravy of winning GA as well.
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.