Thursday Election Updates

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Gadianton
God

Re: Thursday Election Updates

Post by Gadianton »

In the clips there's always some guy with a megaphone directing the flock to move toward the building or to enter the building. Any idea who these were? (antifa!) While it's satisfying to see the misplaced tourists hamming it up for the camera with a Confederate flag or feet on a desk get taken down a notch by the FBI, I'd think it would be a real priority to identify the megaphone guys. seems the case against those guys could be pretty serious.
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

subgenius wrote:
Sat Jan 16, 2021 10:04 pm
canpakes wrote:
Sat Jan 16, 2021 9:33 pm

The evidence of having had to charge so many MAGA rioters, apparently. ; )
except they are mostly turning out to be antifa, but don't let facts get in your way (like they ever have).
Are you deliberately lying or are you just totally clueless, as usual? Even House GOP leader, Kevin McCarthy, one of Trump's most loyal supporters, admits that the claim that Antifa was in any responsible for the riot is total nonsense.

https://newsla.localad.com/2021/01/14/h ... peachment/

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/mccarthy-says ... 53389.html

https://americanindependent.com/trump-a ... -mccarthy/
Donald Trump is reportedly trying to falsely blame the deadly Capitol attack he helped foment last week on anti-fascist leftists. But even some of his strongest allies aren't buying it.

According to Axios, Trump tried to convince House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy on Monday that the pro-Trump rioters who violently stormed the Capitol on Wednesday were really "Antifa people" in disguise.

This lie has been widely debunked, as hundreds of the insurrectionists have been identified as loyal Trump supporters. The FBI has said there was no evidence of any anti-fascist involvement.
The truth is that the MAGA people who organized and participated in the riot are very strongly pro-fascist, not anti-fascist--just like Trump himself, and his most hard core supporters.
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.
subgenius
Stake President

Post by subgenius »

canpakes wrote:
Sun Jan 17, 2021 12:00 am
subgenius wrote:
except they are mostly turning out to be antifa, but don't let facts get in your way (like they ever have).
Nope. You’ve got one guy that is a member of a ‘leftist’ organization who was egging them on, and about 160 MAGAheads up on charges.

That’s what we’ve got.

I’m sure that you’ll be telling me next about, say, Jake Angelli being ‘antifa’, because you are too emotionally stunted to converse about the facts truthfully. So, go for it. I love comedy.
: D
Lets see: no fires, no businesses destroyed, no double digit deaths, and it didn't last for days - so definitely MAGA.
So yeah, you are correct, DC looks more prepared for antifa.
Seek freedom and become captive of your desires...seek discipline and find your liberty
I can tell if a person is judgmental just by looking at them
what is chaos to the fly is normal to the spider - morticia addams
subgenius
Stake President

Post by subgenius »

Gunnar wrote:
Sun Jan 17, 2021 2:48 am
subgenius wrote:

Are you deliberately lying or are you just totally clueless, as usual? Even House GOP leader, Kevin McCarthy, one of Trump's most loyal supporters, admits that the claim that Antifa was in any responsible for the riot is total nonsense.

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/mccarthy-says ... 53389.html

https://americanindependent.com/trump-a ... -mccarthy/
Donald Trump is reportedly trying to falsely blame the deadly Capitol attack he helped foment last week on anti-fascist leftists. But even some of his strongest allies aren't buying it.

According to Axios, Trump tried to convince House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy on Monday that the pro-Trump rioters who violently stormed the Capitol on Wednesday were really "Antifa people" in disguise.

This lie has been widely debunked, as hundreds of the insurrectionists have been identified as loyal Trump supporters. The FBI has said there was no evidence of any anti-fascist involvement.
The truth is that the MAGA people who organized and participated in the riot are very strongly pro-fascist, not anti-fascist--just like Trump himself, and his most hard core supporters.
Gunnar its a simple device used in arguments where you lead a weaker mind down the path to confirming your position. Its not really "reverse psychology" per se, but the result is the same.
Note that we are now affirming that DC is more in a position for an antifa style protest than a MAGA one.
Thanks for helping out.
Seek freedom and become captive of your desires...seek discipline and find your liberty
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

subgenius wrote:
Sun Jan 17, 2021 3:15 am
canpakes wrote:
Sun Jan 17, 2021 12:00 am

Nope. You’ve got one guy that is a member of a ‘leftist’ organization who was egging them on, and about 160 MAGAheads up on charges.

That’s what we’ve got.

I’m sure that you’ll be telling me next about, say, Jake Angelli being ‘antifa’, because you are too emotionally stunted to converse about the facts truthfully. So, go for it. I love comedy.
: D
Lets see: no fires, no businesses destroyed, no double digit deaths, and it didn't last for days - so definitely MAGA.
So yeah, you are correct, DC looks more prepared for antifa.
The Capitol stormed by MAGAheads, windows and doors broken, damage and looting committed, half-a-dozen fatalities, explosive devices found...

Yet, no ‘antifa’.

And now, DC police having intercepted someone carrying a small mobile armory attempting to enter the inauguration area...

It’s interesting how DC didn’t see a need to prepare for anyone at all in this way - let alone ‘antifa’ - during the national election or at any time afterwards ... until it was invaded by Trumpanzee snowflakes suffering from an inability to deal with reality, and bent on protesting against democracy that just didn’t go their way.

Pretty much looks like DC is responsibly readying for any misguided ‘patriots’ who may attempt to exercise their QAnon fantasies ... while the ‘weaker minds’ within that misguided subset continue to spin themselves up in antifa hair-fires. ; )
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

subgenius wrote:
Sun Jan 17, 2021 3:19 am
Gunnar wrote:
Sun Jan 17, 2021 2:48 am

Nuh-uhh! Look!! I’m winnniiiinggg ..!!!

Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

subgenius wrote:
Sun Jan 17, 2021 3:19 am
Gunnar its a simple device used in arguments where you lead a weaker mind down the path to confirming your position. Its not really "reverse psychology" per se, but the result is the same.
Note that we are now affirming that DC is more in a position for an antifa style protest than a MAGA one.
Thanks for helping out.
That reply made no sense at all! It sounds like you are admitting that Trump and his MAGA administration are indeed fascist or pro-fascist and that Antifa (that is: anti-fascists) therefore had more to gain by protesting than did MAGA and other Trump supporters. Apparently you are quite happy with Trump aspiring to become a fascist tyrant, and against anyone opposed to that.

And my main point remains that even die-hard GOP Trump supporters have confirmed that the rioters who have been identified are proudly self-admitted MAGA and Trump supporters, and the claim that Antifa had any significant involvement has been thoroughly debunked.
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.
subgenius
Stake President

Post by subgenius »

To recap the brain trust of this board thus far:
So white supremacists stormed the Capitol to overthrow the white supremacist government but were stopped by the white supremacist police force and are now being tracked down by the white supremacist FBI?
Yep, gonna learn sooooo much from you guys.
Chap
God

Post by Chap »

subgenius wrote:
Sun Jan 17, 2021 8:14 pm
So white supremacists stormed the Capitol to overthrow the white supremacist government
Um, nope. They certainly wanted the present government to remain in office.

They stormed the Capitol, with the President's encouragement, because even the Vice-President of an administration as ... well, 'unusual' as Trump's had finally decided to do what the Constitution, law and practice required him to do: certify that Biden had in reality won the election, and Trump's government would soon be no more.

And that they could not stand.
Maksutov:
That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.
Mayan Elephant:
Not only have I denounced the Big Lie, I have denounced the Big lie big lie.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.