Thursday Election Updates

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Jersey Girl
God

Re: Thursday Election Updates

Post by Jersey Girl »

damned people over is what Trump does. I think it's hard to imagine when you're caught up in the charisma of a leader.
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Icarus
Bishop

Post by Icarus »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Sun Jan 17, 2021 8:49 pm
I think his daughter is on to something.

Yesterday I was in the car with a former client who decided to invite us over for dinner but not before he took me shooting at a gun range. This was the first time I had ever shot an AR15. Anyway, on the way there he brings up the election and I was thinking to myself, "Oh no, please don't go there." I figured he was a Trump supporter but was pleasantly surprised to find out that he wasn't completely converted to the Trump cult.

He started off bashing BLM as violent, and then compared it to the assault on Congress. He said it sucks that that happened because it makes the more rational Trump supporters like him look bad and that incident will forever overshadow any good Trump did. I agreed with him, and then pointed out that just like he didn't want to be grouped in with those raging morons, it is also wrong to bash the tens of millions of people supporting BLM just because one person decided to light a fire.
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

subgenius wrote:
Sun Jan 17, 2021 8:14 pm
To recap the brain trust of this board thus far:
So white supremacists stormed the Capitol to overthrow the white supremacist government but were stopped by the white supremacist police force and are now being tracked down by the white supremacist FBI?
Yep, gonna learn sooooo much from you guys.
To recap reality thus far:

So, white supremacists stormed the Capitol to overthrow a democratic election that booted their Dear Leader from office but were stopped by the DC police force and are now being tracked down by the FBI.

(I believe that the only person claiming that the DC police and/or the FBI are part of a white supremacist cabal is you, so that you can somehow justify your weird hair-fire hard-on for ‘antifa’.)

And now, having learned the hard way that neither said Dear Leader or his followers can be trusted to assemble in the neighborhood without launching a dollar-store quality Red Rebellion and killing some folks, the normal, mature folks who favor democracy have called up the National Guard in the face of hundreds of chagrined snowflakes actively making threats to disrupt the inauguration.

Feel free to point out what I have wrong above.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

damned the jenius. Too dumb to be embarrassed, and too dumb to know better. He’ll just continue to deny reality, shift the goalposts to something new he read off some Conservo comments section, change the narrative, and find a new crazy to believe. Absolutely damned unfazed by reality.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
subgenius
Stake President

Post by subgenius »

Seek freedom and become captive of your desires...seek discipline and find your liberty
I can tell if a person is judgmental just by looking at them
what is chaos to the fly is normal to the spider - morticia addams
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

Aww, subs. You’re so adorable; pretending that a riot at the Capitol that resulted in over 50 police officers being injured, with 6 fatalities, leaving the building with smashed doors, broken windows, and damaged interior, wasn’t violent.

: D
Bret Ripley
2nd Counselor

Post by Bret Ripley »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Sun Jan 17, 2021 10:10 pm

- Doc
My Secretish Squirrelish source suggests the 10th Mountain Division is going to set things right; said source is suspect given he/she couldn't be arsed to slap it on a meme.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

President Donald Trump's personal lawyer Rudy Giuliani personally voted in the 2020 election using a voting method he publicly disparaged and bashed in his attempts to overthrow the presidential election results, a CNN KFile investigation has found.

Giuliani, the former mayor of New York City, voted in Manhattan by an affidavit ballot, also known as a provisional ballot, after his name did not appear on the voter rolls when he showed up to vote.
Because of course he did.

These fuckin’ guys.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Good Lord the copium is strong on /pol/ tonight:
Greetings, fellow patriots:

I am someone closely connected to Q. For reasons of concern for the nation, I felt it necessary to come to you and speak plainly, no codes:

Trump has negotiated a deal with the deep state after all of them were arrested over the weekend: Their lives will be spared and they’ll carry out their terms as normal, however, any bill, law, or executive order that is passed over the next 4 years will have been Trump’s doing behind the scenes.

He is in complete control of them and they’re just there to do his bidding. Being an incredibly selfless individual, he might act like he doesn’t like the administration to keep up the charade, but rest assured he is still the President operating by proxy.

I felt this needed to be said to the millions of patriots who are in fear for their nation. Q unfortunately did not agree.

Trust the plan, patriots. All is well.
#WWG1WGA
#MAGA
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Being an incredibly selfless individual
Oh yeah.
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!