Election Litigation Status

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Re: Election Litigation Scorecard

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

How is Daren Wade Rubingh, a 28-year-old dairy farmer at the family owned Rubingh's Dairyland, a party to this suit? Does one just need to be willing to attach your name to a suit in order for it to be filed?

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Here’s a Newsweek article that does a good job at showing the absurdities contained in The Kraken’s filings:

https://www.newsweek.com/sidney-powell- ... ud-1550534

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Some Schmo
God

Post by Some Schmo »

These lawsuits remind me of old church movie productions and religious shows generally. For some reason, when overtly religious people are involved, the quality suffers.

It's a mystery.
Religion is for people whose existential fear is greater than their common sense.

The god idea is popular with desperate people.
Bret Ripley
2nd Counselor

Post by Bret Ripley »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Thu Nov 26, 2020 6:19 pm
Here’s a Newsweek article that does a good job at showing the absurdities contained in The Kraken’s filings:

https://www.newsweek.com/sidney-powell- ... ud-1550534
Remember, campers: you can't spell "K-r-a-k-e-n" without "K-a-r-e-n."
Brack
Deacon

Post by Brack »

With regards to the Wisconsin recount, Trump has netted 52 votes. He is still trailing Biden by about 20,000 votes in that state.

"Overall, President-elect Joe Biden's statewide lead has shrunk by a net 52 votes. That is because sometimes votes are thrown out or, like on Tuesday, a city finds uncounted ballots." - Link

I read from another message board that Dane County and Milwaukee County didn't use Dominion where the Wisconsin recount is occurring.
Dr Exiled
God

Post by Dr Exiled »

Maybe I am missing something, but I couldn't find the Kraken lawsuit on Pacer, the federal court website that has all the federal court filings. Maybe the Kraken was so incredible that it clogged up the computers at the Northern District of Georgia Court and couldn't actually be filed? Maybe Powell needs to fire staff?

Anyway, here is a link to the case where the misspellings are corrected:

https://defendingtherepublic.org/wp-con ... 5.2020.pdf

Still, no file stamp on the above.
Myth is misused by the powerful to subjugate the masses all too often.
Chap
God

Post by Chap »

Does anybody have any idea when the Powell suit will have a substantive court hearing?

Even allowing for a degree of negative bias in the current characterisations of its content and evidential basis, this case seems even less likely to succeed than the preceding efforts by Trump's legal team (from which Powell has of course been expelled). So why is she doing this?

(a) Does she actually think it likely she may succeed in her claims, or the major part thereof?

(b) Is she simply making as much 'Massive fraud!!" noise as possible to keep Trump's base energised, knowing she will fail, but realising that the ultimate failure of the case will probably energise her intended audience more rather than less? ("See? Even the courts are fixed. The cannibal Satanist pedophiles are in every position of power and influence!!!!")

(c) Is she seeking personal notoriety to back a future run for elected office?

Or what?
Maksutov:
That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.
Mayan Elephant:
Not only have I denounced the Big Lie, I have denounced the Big lie big lie.
Dr Exiled
God

Post by Dr Exiled »

Chap wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 4:01 pm
Does anybody have any idea when the Powell suit will have a substantive court hearing?

Even allowing for a degree of negative bias in the current characterisations of its content and evidential basis, this case seems even less likely to succeed than the preceding efforts by Trump's legal team (from which Powell has of course been expelled). So why is she doing this?

(a) Does she actually think it likely she may succeed in her claims, or the major part thereof?

(b) Is she simply making as much 'Massive fraud!!" noise as possible to keep Trump's base energised, knowing she will fail, but realising that the ultimate failure of the case will probably energise her intended audience more rather than less? ("See? Even the courts are fixed. The cannibal Satanist pedophiles are in every position of power and influence!!!!")

(c) Is she seeking personal notoriety to back a future run for elected office?

Or what?
She needs to actually file the case first and then request a TRO to stop the election process while she proceeds to expedited discovery. None of that has been done yet. But my guess is that there will be a hearing sometime next week, assuming the thing actually gets filed.
Myth is misused by the powerful to subjugate the masses all too often.
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Dr Exiled wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 2:49 pm
Maybe I am missing something, but I couldn't find the Kraken lawsuit on Pacer, the federal court website that has all the federal court filings. Maybe the Kraken was so incredible that it clogged up the computers at the Northern District of Georgia Court and couldn't actually be filed? Maybe Powell needs to fire staff?

She filed the Michigan suit. But I don’t think she file the Georgia suit. No idea why not.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Res Ipsa wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 5:31 pm
Dr Exiled wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 2:49 pm

She filed the Michigan suit. But I don’t think she file the Georgia suit. No idea why not.
Probably because she didn’t have anyone to do it for her.

- Doc