Election Litigation Status

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Res Ipsa
God

Re: Election Litigation Status

Post by Res Ipsa »

Chap wrote:
Fri Mar 26, 2021 4:58 pm
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Fri Mar 26, 2021 1:51 pm
Hot off the presses - CNN is reporting Dominion is suing Fox for $1.6B for obvious reasons.

- Doc
Can a TV news channel successfully plead the 'no reasonable person would have taken what we said as factual statements' defence?

Not so much, I'd say ...
It depends on what the news people at Fox reported, as opposed to Tucker and other commentators.

for what it's worth, I don’t buy Powell’s political speech argument. What she said publicly was not in the category of speech in which reasonable people should expect some exaggeration. This was an accusation of a mammoth crime supported with very specific claims of evidence. That it involved the way we count votes doesn’t make the speech political.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

In case you were wondering how far an attorney has to go to get sanctioned... https://www.twincities.com/2021/03/26/m ... knowledge/
he/him

Brack
Deacon

Post by Brack »

Here is basically what FOX News will be arguing:
Fox quickly moved to dismiss Smartmatic’s claims, which it characterized there as “a legal shakedown designed to chill speech and punish reporting.” It has retained Paul Clement, a former Solicitor General under President George W. Bush and one of the nation’s leading Supreme Court advocates.

“When a sitting President and his surrogates claim an election was rigged, the public has a right to know what they are claiming, full stop,” Clement wrote in that motion. “Interviewing lawyers advocating for the President is fully protected First Amendment activity, whether those lawyers can eventually substantiate their claims or not.”

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/rudy-giu ... ccounter=1

But FOX continued to have Sidney Powell on after she was let go of Trump's legal team. Powell was let go on November 22nd. Link
Hannity had Powell on his Fox show on November 30th. Lou Dobbs was having Powell on his show into December.
Brack
Deacon

Post by Brack »

I remember when Tucker Carlson asked Sydney Powell for evidence in regards to her wild conspiracy theory, but Powell never gave Carlson any evidence. This was around on November 20th.
On Thursday night, Carlson delivered a monologue in which he discussed President Donald Trump's attorney Sidney Powell and her claims that rigged voting software switched millions of votes from Trump to Joe Biden in the 2020 election.

According to Carlson, Powell refused to send him evidence supporting her claims, despite multiple requests from "Tucker Carlson Tonight."

"When we kept pressing, she got angry and told us to stop contacting her," Carlson said in the Thursday segment. "When we checked with others around the Trump campaign, people in positions of authority, they told us Powell has never given them any evidence either, nor did she provide any today at the press conference."

https://amp.usatoday.com/amp/6367629002

While Sidney Powell never came on Carlson's FOX show, Mike Lindell did come on Carlson's show on January 26th. Link
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

https://dnyuz.com/2021/04/03/how-trump- ... donations/

tl;dr - Trump scammed donors out of tens of millions by setting up recurring bank account drafts donors were unaware of because the box to opt out was buried in fine print.

Old broke people went even more broke. And yet, the conservos on this site will be like, "Oh, well! MAGA!"
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Dr Exiled
God

Post by Dr Exiled »

People are desperate, seeing the wealth continue to go to the upper 1%, and so Trump, the WWE villain, has their ear and their money apparently.
Myth is misused by the powerful to subjugate the masses all too often.
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Sat Apr 03, 2021 11:50 pm
https://dnyuz.com/2021/04/03/how-trump- ... donations/

tl;dr - Trump scammed donors out of tens of millions by setting up recurring bank account drafts donors were unaware of because the box to opt out was buried in fine print.

Old broke people went even more broke. And yet, the conservos on this site will be like, "Oh, well! MAGA!"
Jesus, that’s flat-out theft. I’ve just been happy not to have him in my face every time I read the news or Twitter. But I’m increasingly thinking that I really want to see him do some hard time.
he/him

Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

The Trump campaign reportedly cheated donors who thought they were making a one-time contribution, collecting recurring donations.

The Trump 2020 campaign duped supporters into making recurring donations without their consent.

https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-c ... ons-2021-4
Jesus, that’s flat-out theft.
That's Trump.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Re: Election Litigation Scorecard

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 6:49 pm
Update: Ghouliani loses his license to practice law in NY:

https://www.cnn.com/2021/06/25/opinions ... index.html

tl;dr - Judge considered Ghouliani’s ability to practice law a clear and present danger to the American public.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Yeah he sure did lose his license to practice. He used to be considered a top notch attorney, too. Proof positive that everything and everyone Trump touches turns to crap.
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!