Election Litigation Status

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Jersey Girl
God

Re: Election Litigation Scorecard

Post by Jersey Girl »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Wed Nov 18, 2020 3:04 am
Jersey Girl wrote:
Wed Nov 18, 2020 2:41 am

Why hasn't Trump been Baker Acted yet? Rhetorical question there...

You know...if I am not mistaken, Giuliani was once well respected. He should have quit while he was ahead and not tried to remain relevant.

Nah, he'll kamikaze his way through it all until he finally crashes.
My recollection is that he was an excellent prosecutor, putting monsters in jail. His political career was pretty rocky.
Mafia. He prosecuted Mafia.
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
subgenius
Stake President

Post by subgenius »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Mon Nov 16, 2020 2:12 pm

Not sure why you think this is relevant to the topic, but note that the Dems aren't filing a metric buttload of lawsuits screaming "fraud."
Why would Dems want to investigate the election? They have ways intended to scorch earth for Trump...besides, they know that the polls failed them and their in-the-dark-of-night antics were last minute and could only be afforded to benefit the feeble dementia patient who can only 60 people together.
So yeah...amazing the disparity between President votes and down ticket votes....and yet so focused in key counties.
Seek freedom and become captive of your desires...seek discipline and find your liberty
I can tell if a person is judgmental just by looking at them
what is chaos to the fly is normal to the spider - morticia addams
Icarus
Bishop

Post by Icarus »

Last night two Republicans on the Wayne County Board of Canvassers only wanted to certify votes from the white suburbs of mostly Black Detroit, but reversed under pressure.
The two Republicans on Michigan’s Wayne County Board of Canvassers initially refused on Tuesday to certify the county’s election results, which show former Vice President Joe Biden defeating President Donald Trump.

But they suddenly reversed their decision after hours of phone calls from the public lambasting them for trying to exclude predominantly Black Detroit from the certification.
We'll file this away as exhibit #98,541 in the "Why do people think Republicans are Racists?"
Icarus
Bishop

Post by Icarus »

subgenius wrote:
Wed Nov 18, 2020 12:49 pm
Res Ipsa wrote:
Mon Nov 16, 2020 2:12 pm

Not sure why you think this is relevant to the topic, but note that the Dems aren't filing a metric buttload of lawsuits screaming "fraud."
Why would Dems want to investigate the election? They have ways intended to scorch earth for Trump...besides, they know that the polls failed them and their in-the-dark-of-night antics were last minute and could only be afforded to benefit the feeble dementia patient who can only 60 people together.
So yeah...amazing the disparity between the President votes and down ticket votes....and yet so focused in key counties.
Biden was supposed to have been a lame candidate with no chance. A boring old man who had dementia and was prone to gaffes. And he flipped five states from Trump, and he's received nearly 6 million more votes than Trump. This is astonishing given that we've been in the "greatest economy the world has ever seen."

Who gives a crap what the polls were? Trump got his ass kicked, losing in an incredible landslide, according to his own standards.
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

Icarus
Who gives a [vulgarity] what the polls were? Trump got his ass kicked, losing in an incredible landslide, according to his own standards.
Not only by Americans voting, but now by his own selected judges he is getting his ass kicked. Astounding how his own followers on their very death beds taking their last breath due to contracting Covid are still denying it. It can't get worse for brainwashing than that.
Some Schmo
God

Post by Some Schmo »

Philo Sofee wrote:
Wed Nov 18, 2020 1:55 pm
Not only by Americans voting, but now by his own selected judges he is getting his ass kicked. Astounding how his own followers on their very death beds taking their last breath due to contracting Covid are still denying it. It can't get worse for brainwashing than that.
There's nothing quite like dying of COVID while denying COVID is real to help the cause of Trump and his merry band of idiots.

The panel of judges on the annual Darwin Awards board is going to have one hell of a decision this year. They might have to go with a whole cult instead.
Religion is for people whose existential fear is greater than their common sense.

The god idea is popular with desperate people.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

In yet another Episode of Incompetence in Chief, but the GOP Won't Care Anyway:

I feel like Giuliani handling these lawsuits is something everyone can get behind. The Right loves it because they’re under the delusion that he’s playing a 4D chess game against the federal courts, and the rest of us love it because it’s solid proof that:

1) All of Trump's claims are baseless ramblings that no actual attorney will stake their career on

2) Rudy is a non-stop content machine

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Cam, it's inside baseball, but the question that includes "suspensions" is asking about categories of disciplinary sanctions. An administrative suspension is not a disciplinary sanction. If I were to decide to retire today from the practice of law and forget to tell the bar that, they would list me as an administratively suspended member of the bar, as opposed to canceling my bar membership, for some period of time. Rudy is a New York lawyer. This is the DC bar. It's really a nothing burger.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Wednesday's litigation news:

New Suit filed in Clark County Nevada requesting a do over: https://www.democracydocket.com/wp-cont ... tion-1.pdf

Actually two new suits, both filed by the same law firm using different plaintiffs. https://www.democracydocket.com/wp-cont ... Gloria.pdf

Court in Allegheny County, PA rejects GOP candidate's request to throw out 2349 ballots because the voter failed to handwrite a date on the outer envelope. The same court rejected another GOP candidate's request to throw out around 300 provisional ballots.
Last edited by Res Ipsa on Wed Nov 18, 2020 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Dr Exiled
God

Post by Dr Exiled »

There is already a do over in Clark County. The race between Anthony Sravos and Ross Miller ended with Miller having a 10 vote margin of victory and a special election has been set. Ross Miller promptly filed suit: https://ewscripps.brightspotcdn.com/33/ ... plaint.pdf
Myth is misused by the powerful to subjugate the masses all too often.