Election Litigation Status

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Res Ipsa
God

Re: Election Litigation Status

Post by Res Ipsa »

Well, its not quite clear because the nature and composition of the conspiracy is constantly shifting. They claim that somebody connected with either the hardware or the software hates Trump, and so he somehow arranged for China and Iran (I think) to do the dirty work. Like all conspiracy theories, it's kind of a mess when you try to put it all together.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Some Schmo
God

Post by Some Schmo »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 6:50 pm
Well, its not quite clear because the nature and composition of the conspiracy is constantly shifting. They claim that somebody connected with either the hardware or the software hates Trump, and so he somehow arranged for China and Iran (I think) to do the dirty work. Like all conspiracy theories, it's kind of a mess when you try to put it all together.
So, first, you've got either firmware or software programmers who hate Trump. They convince people in China and Iran to let them mess with their own programming algorithms... because they aren't already sitting there? They outsourced the malware portion of the program? And of course, they asked them to make the malware temporary, only active on election day, and then self-deleting so it went undetected.

That sounds totally believable... well, until you get to the second sentence.
Religion is for people whose existential fear is greater than their common sense.

The god idea is popular with desperate people.
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 3:48 pm
From RI's link:
ballots were processed and tabulated on or after Election Day, they could have brought the instant action on Election Day or during the weeks of canvassing that followed—yet they did not.

Plaintiffs base the claims related to election machines and software on “expert and fact witness” reports discussing “glitches” and other alleged vulnerabilities that occurred as far back as 2010. If Plaintiffs had legitimate concerns about the election machines and software, they could have filed this lawsuit well before the 2020 General Election—yet they sat back and did nothing.

... Plaintiffs’ claims for relief are not merely last-minute—they are after the fact. While Plaintiffs delayed, the ballots were cast; the votes were counted; and the results were certified. The rationale for interposing the doctrine of laches is now at its peak.

... Plaintiffs could have lodged their constitutional challenges much sooner than they did, and certainly not three weeks after Election Day and one week after certification of almost three million votes. The Court concludes that Plaintiffs’delay results in their claims being barred by laches.
Tl;dr read my quote above - The court saw through their crap.

- Doc
From the federal judge in Michigan that denied the Krakken's motion for emergency relief:
For these reasons, the Court finds that Plaintiffs are far from likely to succeed in this matter. In fact, this lawsuit seems to be less about achieving the relief Plaintiffs seek—as much of that relief is beyond the power of this Court— and more about the impact of their allegations on People’s faith in the democratic process and their trust in our government. Plaintiffs ask this Court to ignore the orderly statutory scheme established to challenge elections and to ignore the will of millions of voters. This, the Court cannot, and will not, do.

The People have spoken.
he/him

Brack
Deacon

Post by Brack »

I have seen folks from other message boards claiming that there was fraud because down ballot GOP candidates did better than Trump. They then point out the Republicans picking up at least a dozen House seats. I have been responding by pointing out that nearly all of the House seats during this recent election that flipped from blue to red were from non-swing states. None of the House seats from Arizona, Georgia, Wisconsin and Pennsylvania ended up flipping from blue to red. One House seat from Georgia actually flipped from red to blue.

Out of the five states that Trump won in 2016 but lost during this recent election, three of these states had Senate races. Senate Republican candidates in Arizona and Michigan lost along with Trump. Wisconsin and Pennsylvania didn’t have any Senate races during this recent election. And Georgia’s two Senate races are going to a run-off in January.

I have also seen and heard that Biden only did better with the cities in those five swing States that flipped from red to blue. But Hillary Clinton did better in Philadelphia than Biden while Biden did better than Clinton in Indianapolis, SLC and Denver.
Some Schmo
God

Post by Some Schmo »

Brack wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:03 pm
I have seen folks from other message boards claiming that there was fraud because down ballot GOP candidates did better than Trump. They then point out the Republicans picking up at least a dozen House seats.
I don't see how that's an argument for fraud. That sounds much more like evidence of authenticity. If you're going to cheat, why only go half way? Why not increase your power in congress, too?

I have to say, the Democrats are damned geniuses, the way they made this election look so authentic and stuff after so much fraud and stuff.
Religion is for people whose existential fear is greater than their common sense.

The god idea is popular with desperate people.
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Some Schmo wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:08 pm
Brack wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:03 pm
I have seen folks from other message boards claiming that there was fraud because down ballot GOP candidates did better than Trump. They then point out the Republicans picking up at least a dozen House seats.
I don't see how that's an argument for fraud. That sounds much more like evidence of authenticity. If you're going to cheat, why only go half way? Why not increase your power in congress, too?

I have to say, the Democrats are freakin’ geniuses, the way they made this election look so authentic and stuff after so much fraud and stuff.
Yeah, that argument consists of "I just can't believe that a Republican would vote against Trump." If you are a Republican never Trumper, that's exactly what a ballot would look like: Biden plus Republicans down ballot. It's not evidence for anything other than Democrats were successful at persuading many Republican folks to dump the top of the ticket. It's not evidence of fraud.
he/him

Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Arizona Kraken: The motion to dismiss will be heard tomorrow. Plaintiff’s motion to present live testimony at that hearing is denied. A hearing on the plaintiffs motion for a Temporary Restraining Order and a Permanent Injunction is set for Thursday (assuming the case survives the motion to dismiss).

And here is a live tweeting of the argument in the GA Kraken case. https://Twitter.com/KlasfeldReports/sta ... 73409?s=20 The judge dismissed the case from the bench at the end of argument.
Last edited by Res Ipsa on Mon Dec 07, 2020 11:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
he/him

Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

From some website - “Georgia has counted ballots in the presidential election four times — the initial count, a full election audit and hand recount, which was done at Raffensperger's request, and a machine recount which was held a the request of the Trump campaign. All four counts have shown Biden won the state.”

So. I guess the Deep South Republicans are a part of the Deep State now? The Trumptards should feel ashamed of themselves for foisting this farce on us, but they’re incapable of empathy outside of their own immediate interests.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Morley
God

Post by Morley »

This has been a wonderfully entertaining thread, Ipsa. Thank you thank you thank you for all the work you've put into it. Some news service should have picked it up from the beginning. Updated information, answered questions, and a good laugh, all in one running commentary. You've done very well, my friend. Again: Thank you.
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Morley wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 10:44 pm
This has been a wonderfully entertaining thread, Ipsa. Thank you thank you thank you for all the work you've put into it. Some news service should have picked it up from the beginning. Updated information, answered questions, and a good laugh, all in one running commentary. You've done very well, my friend. Again: Thank you.
Thanks, Morley. Much appreciated. Glad you are enjoying it.
he/him