94,044,000 Americans Not in the Labor Force

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

Re: 94,044,000 Americans Not in the Labor Force

Post by _Doctor CamNC4Me »

ajax18 wrote:
Remember when Donald Trump said he would eliminate the federal debt in eight years? Pepperidge Farms remembers. The deficit has since risen by more than 16 percent under his presidency in three years.

- Doc

But bottom line in your opinion, the debt should only be reduced by raising taxes or cutting military spending, never by cutting welfare spending or foreign aid. Anyone who votes for something different is an ethnocentric racist stomping their boot on those who don't want to work for a living.

I don’t believe I ever said that, though? Once again I’m struck by how much you don’t read, but just skim along until some bit of a sentence pings your response reflex. What I’ve stated in the past is we should have a balanced budget, and if it were up to me I’d vote for someone who’d cut all areas of the government in a responsible manner, close corporate loopholes, and increase the progressive tax rates on people who are wealthy beyond conception. I’d probably, at this point, support a small national sales tax aimed squarely at debt reduction if it were tied to a balanced budget amendment.

President Trump’s suicidal race toward $30T is an unforgivable political sin.

- Doc
In the face of madness, rationality has no power - Xiao Wang, US historiographer, 2287 AD.

Every record...falsified, every book rewritten...every statue...has been renamed or torn down, every date...altered...the process is continuing...minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Ideology is always right.
_ajax18
_Emeritus

Post by _ajax18 »

Debt should be reduced by taxation and responsible government spending. Increasing military spending because we're addicted to foreign intervention is not responsible. Giving a tax windfall to corporations and the top 1% every time a Republican is elected because they have no other platform to run on, is not responsible.

I wouldn't mind you taxing the 1% at 100%. While this is a popular political soundbyte that wins votes, it's not an economic argument of any substance. You can't force 1% to keep their money in the US if you raise their taxes. They can take it to a tax haven and invest it there and that country will see the fruits of their investment. Corporate subsidy is not given because it's fair and not because anyone hates poor people. It's done because it creates jobs and ultimately helps everyone. That's why the 1% were still accumulating most of the increase in wealth even during the 8 years of the Obama regime.

The lower class has profited from the better economy in the right way. A booming economy means workers can demand a higher wage according to the market, not because the government sets some ridiculously low minimum wage (which is still unlivable).
And when the confederates saw Jackson standing fearless as a stone wall the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
_ajax18
_Emeritus

Post by _ajax18 »

And when the confederates saw Jackson standing fearless as a stone wall the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
_canpakes
_Emeritus

Post by _canpakes »

ajax18 wrote:The lower class has profited from the better economy in the right way.

Yes, a 5% increase in pay for a minimum-wage earner nets much more than a 2% increase in the pay of the average optometrist, as example. ; )

ajax18 wrote:A booming economy means workers can demand a higher wage according to the market,

According to your claim, then there should be virtually no-one earning the minimum wage or close to it, as they can all demand to be paid more.

ajax18 wrote: ... not because the government sets some ridiculously low minimum wage (which is still unlivable).

I don’t think you understand how the minimum wage works. Government isn’t setting a pay level that employers are not allowed to exceed.
_EAllusion
_Emeritus

Post by _EAllusion »

ajax18 wrote:Image

This meme brought to you by the exact same people who bitch that the working poor are "takers" because they do not pay income taxes.
_cinepro
_Emeritus

Post by _cinepro »

ajax18 wrote:But bottom line in your opinion, the debt should only be reduced by raising taxes or cutting military spending, never by cutting welfare spending or foreign aid. Anyone who votes for something different is an ethnocentric racist stomping their boot on those who don't want to work for a living.

The current deficit is $1 trillion.

Federal spending on welfare is $400b.

Federal foreign aid is about $40b (less than 1% of the budget).

Even if welfare and foreign aid were cut 100%, you'd still have a pretty big deficit problem.
_ajax18
_Emeritus

Post by _ajax18 »

The current deficit is $1 trillion.

Federal spending on welfare is $400b.

Federal foreign aid is about $40b (less than 1% of the budget).

Even if welfare and foreign aid were cut 100%, you'd still have a pretty big deficit problem.

Then where is the rest of this money being spent? And how would you propose fixing the deficit problem? Does federally funded disability count as welfare?
_EAllusion
_Emeritus

Post by _EAllusion »

ajax18 wrote:Then where is the rest of this money being spent? And how would you propose fixing the deficit problem? Does federally funded disability count as welfare?

Remember when you advocated for doubling the military budget? Look at the pie chart again.
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor CamNC4Me »

EAllusion wrote:
ajax18 wrote:Then where is the rest of this money being spent? And how would you propose fixing the deficit problem? Does federally funded disability count as welfare?

Remember when you advocated for doubling the military budget? Look at the pie chart again.

Some Schmo wrote:Seriously, ajax, why do you post here? You clearly aren't here to learn anything, you can't be taught, and you aren't influencing anyone who isn't already in the tank for Drumpf. You are hostile to commonly accepted facts.

I'm genuinely curious what your purpose is here. Are you a masochist? Do you consider yourself a righteous soldier in the fight for white supremacy? Are you just a mild mannered troll?

Let it be known: I don't think you should leave, and I'm not trying to suppress your comments. I usually find your posts so outrageous, they're amusing. I'm just baffled that you continue to come here when you have to know your comments aren't taken seriously.
In the face of madness, rationality has no power - Xiao Wang, US historiographer, 2287 AD.

Every record...falsified, every book rewritten...every statue...has been renamed or torn down, every date...altered...the process is continuing...minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Ideology is always right.