What Did TRUMP SAY or DO Today?

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_The CCC
_Emeritus

Re: What Did TRUMP SAY or DO Today?

Post by _The CCC »

_Dr. Shades
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr. Shades »

ludwigm wrote:- I read (see, listen, watch) certain words (expressings, idioms, monomes, phoneticisms)
- there is some similarity, contiguity, or contrast, stored in my mind

That's the whole problem. The similarity, contiguity, or contrast can't merely be stored in your mind. It has to relate to the opening post.

ludwigm wrote:What is the link between widows, bumblebees and the success of the British Empire?

Nothing? Really no link to find?
Then see:

-1- spinsters, widows (and virtual widows - wives of seamen and soldiers) love and keep cats
-2- cats kill mice; house and field mice as well
-3- field mice (if they spread) would destroy the nests of bumblebees
-4- the bumblebee is the only genus which can pollenize red clover
-5- the red clover is used to feed beef cattle
-6- the sailors and soldiers mainly eat beef
-7- the consequence of the powerful English navy was the success of the British Empire

GOT IT?

-8- the navy produce more widows and virtual widows
go to -1- (and the daisy chain is complete)

There again is the problem. A "daisy chain" is a derailment. There can be only ONE link between the opening post--or, at least, the post to which you respond--NOT a daisy chain of several decreasingly-relevant links.

From this minute on, I may associate British Empire with bumblebees. Call it blatant derailment, please...

I will. You should, too.
"Finally, for your rather strange idea that miracles are somehow linked to the amount of gay sexual gratification that is taking place would require that primitive Christianity was launched by gay sex, would it not?"

--Louis Midgley
_ludwigm
_Emeritus

Post by _ludwigm »

Dr. Shades wrote:
ludwigm wrote:- I read (see, listen, watch) certain words (expressings, idioms, monomes, phoneticisms)
- there is some similarity, contiguity, or contrast, stored in my mind

That's the whole problem. The similarity, contiguity, or contrast can't merely be stored in your mind. It has to relate to the opening post.

YOU are the ONLY one who call it a problem.

When I speak (write, draw, carve a stone etc.) I convey my thoughts to others - at least I am trying to do.

Some of that others understand my said words, my written letters, my drawings, my engravings. Then, all similarities, contiguities, or contrasts magically appear in their minds.
This is called communication between thinking entities.

Some of that others don't understand, or - at worse - don't want to. As you.
I don't care.
And, frankly, my dear Shades, I don't give a damn.
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xLnTWxpTQt4 - (0:26 only...)

So much about TRUMP, and relating to the opening post.
- Whenever a poet or preacher, chief or wizard spouts gibberish, the human race spends centuries deciphering the message. - Umberto Eco
- To assert that the earth revolves around the sun is as erroneous as to claim that Jesus was not born of a virgin. - Cardinal Bellarmine at the trial of Galilei
_ludwigm
_Emeritus

Post by _ludwigm »

I don't tilt at windmills. Or at such things.
- [#img] http://img2.indafoto.hu/10/1/57091_6715 ... 0022_m.jpg[/img] -
- Whenever a poet or preacher, chief or wizard spouts gibberish, the human race spends centuries deciphering the message. - Umberto Eco
- To assert that the earth revolves around the sun is as erroneous as to claim that Jesus was not born of a virgin. - Cardinal Bellarmine at the trial of Galilei
_Dr. Shades
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr. Shades »

ludwigm wrote:YOU are the ONLY one who call it a problem.

I'm the only one who needs to.

When I speak (write, draw, carve a stone etc.) I convey my thoughts to others - at least I am trying to do.

Just be sure your thoughts aren't derailments. If they are, post them here in the Off-Topic Forum.

Some of that others understand my said words, my written letters, my drawings, my engravings. Then, all similarities, contiguities, or contrasts magically appear in their minds.
This is called communication between thinking entities.

And if the communication has nothing to do with the subject of the thread, then post the communication in the Off-Topic Forum.

Some of that others don't understand, or - at worse - don't want to. As you.

I understand 100%. That's the "problem," so-to-speak.
"Finally, for your rather strange idea that miracles are somehow linked to the amount of gay sexual gratification that is taking place would require that primitive Christianity was launched by gay sex, would it not?"

--Louis Midgley
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor CamNC4Me »

You two have developed the strangest Internet dynamic I've seen.

- Doc
In the face of madness, rationality has no power - Xiao Wang, US historiographer, 2287 AD.

Every record...falsified, every book rewritten...every statue...has been renamed or torn down, every date...altered...the process is continuing...minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Ideology is always right.
_MeDotOrg
_Emeritus

Post by _MeDotOrg »

If you suffer withdrawals from a steady stream of Trump news, is that the DT's?

Politico wrote:Flynn asked Trump a question about cyber security challenges. “You know, cyber is becoming so big today. It’s becoming something that a number of years ago, a short number of years ago, wasn’t even a word.”

“Now the cyber is so big. You know you look at what they’re doing with the Internet and how they’re taking, recruiting people through the Internet. And part of it is the psychology because so many people think they’re winning. And you know there’s a whole big thing.

“Even today’s psychology, where CNN came out with a big poll — their big poll came out today that Trump is winning. It’s good psychology. It’s good psychology.”

I love it when Trump tries to sound profound as he makes pronouncements which prove his ignorance.

I am afraid he may be suffering from early onset SPD. (Sarah Palin Disease).
Last edited by Guest on Wed Sep 07, 2016 1:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
"The great problem of any civilization is how to rejuvenate itself without rebarbarization."
- Will Durant
"We've kept more promises than we've even made"
- Donald Trump
"Of what meaning is the world without mind? The question cannot exist."
- Edwin Land
_Some Schmo
_Emeritus

Post by _Some Schmo »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:You two have developed the strangest Internet dynamic I've seen.

- Doc

+1
God belief is for people who don't want to live life on the universe's terms.
_Some Schmo
_Emeritus

Post by _Some Schmo »

MeDotOrg wrote:I am afraid may be suffering from early onset SPD. (Sarah Palin Disease).

If a "You betcha!" slips through your lips, see a doctor immediately.
God belief is for people who don't want to live life on the universe's terms.
_grindael
_Emeritus

Post by _grindael »

I guess that a SHORT number of years ago, Donald Trump didn't exist either...

Riding on a speeding train; trapped inside a revolving door;
Lost in the riddle of a quatrain; Stuck in an elevator between floors.
One focal point in a random world can change your direction:
One step where events converge may alter your perception.