Anyone following the Gabby Petito case? (Breaking)

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Jersey Girl
God

Re: Anyone following the Gabby Petito case? (Breaking)

Post by Jersey Girl »

Like I said. It's not over until it's over. And even then, it's not over. Video run time is 21 minutes 15 seconds.

Reaction: Gabby Petito's family given Roberta Laundrie's "burn after reading" letter to son
Judge Danielle Brewer rules to deny the motion of protection for Roberta Laundrie's "burn after reading" letter. Immediately after the ruling, the attorney for Brian Laundrie's parents gives the letter to Gabby Petito's family.

WFLA Now's JB Biunno reports.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1lGuRLabmn0
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

And...here it is. This is over an hour. Watch if interested in discussion.

Exclusive: Roberta Laundrie's "burn after reading" letter to Brian Laundrie in Gabby Petito Case
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHX_BSMTU5Y

Transcript of the letter that was addressed: 'Brian Christopher Laundrie (Burn after reading):

“I just want you to remember I will always love you, and I know you will always love me. You are my boy. Nothing can make me stop loving you, nothing will or could ever divide us no matter what we do, or where we go or what we say – we will always love each other. If you’re in jail, I will bake a cake with a file in it. If you need to dispose of a body, I will show up with a shovel and garbage bags. If you fly to the moon, I will be watching the skies for your re-entry. If you say you hate my guts, I’ll get new guts.”

“Remember that love is a verb, not a noun. It’s not a thing, it’s not words, it is actions. Watch people’s actions to know if they love you – not their words. ‘Therefore I am certain that neither death nor life, nor angels nor the ruling spirits, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers from above nor powers from below, nothing in the entire create world can separate our love.’ Neither hostile powers nor messengers of heaven nor monarchs of earth. Nothing has the power to separate us…’ – Romans 8:38 (extended version!).”

“(Nothing can separate us: not hatred, not hunger, not homelessness, not threats, not even sin, not the thinkable or unthinkable can get between us.) ~ Not time. Not miles and miles and miles. ~”

https://www.wfla.com/news/sarasota-coun ... ast%20year.
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Just one comment from me about the letter. Notice how she cherry picked an incomplete portion of scripture. That's really all I have to say.

Slava Ukraini!
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

This is a channel I've followed for years. Zoe is a therapist with 140K followers and gives a psych perspective on true crime. Haven't seen her cover emotional incest before. It's essentially enmeshment. Posting this in case anyone wants to explore a new concept re:psychology. Run time is just over 30 mins.

Was Emotional Incest The Reason Brian Laundrie Murdered Gabby Petito?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2JWUubYgFes

Slava Ukraini!
MsJack
Deacon

Post by MsJack »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Thu May 25, 2023 4:46 am
Just one comment from me about the letter. Notice how she cherry picked an incomplete portion of scripture. That's really all I have to say.
I'm amazed how often Rom 8:28-39 is misused by people who are clearly acting in the wrong. I once saw it used in concluding the blog post of a relatively successful married blogger who was explaining how she'd gotten pregnant with another man's child.

"And then [Jill] understood the devilish cunning of the enemies' plan. By mixing a little truth with it they had made their lie far stronger." -- C. S. Lewis, The Last Battle

Romans 8 was addressed to Christians who were facing legitimate hardship and persecution for their faith. Paul isn't saying here that our own sinful actions can't separate us from God.

And if your kid murders someone, loving your child (at that point) means persuading them to confess, turn themselves in, and accept the consequences. The Laundries didn't and look where that got their son.
BA, Classics, Brigham Young University
MA, American Religious History, Trinity Evangelical Divinity School
PhD Student, Church History, Trinity Evangelical Divinity School
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

MsJack wrote:
Thu Jun 29, 2023 5:03 pm
Jersey Girl wrote:
Thu May 25, 2023 4:46 am
I'm amazed how often Rom 8:28-39 is misused by people who are clearly acting in the wrong. I once saw it used in concluding the blog post of a relatively successful married blogger who was explaining how she'd gotten pregnant with another man's child.

"And then [Jill] understood the devilish cunning of the enemies' plan. By mixing a little truth with it they had made their lie far stronger." -- C. S. Lewis, The Last Battle

Romans 8 was addressed to Christians who were facing legitimate hardship and persecution for their faith. Paul isn't saying here that our own sinful actions can't separate us from God.

And if your kid murders someone, loving your child (at that point) means persuading them to confess, turn themselves in, and accept the consequences. The Laundries didn't and look where that got their son.

It's unseemly. Did you catch the video I linked about emotional incest/enmeshment? I'm wondering if she was gaslighting her son or what. Making him think her relationship with him was God approved. No one can say for sure since we don't know them but It gave me the creeps when it was released, that's what I know. :shock:

Slava Ukraini!
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Lem wrote:
Wed Sep 22, 2021 12:12 am
Jersey Girl wrote:
Wed Sep 22, 2021 12:02 am
No, feel free to post anything you like that is case related here. I do what I do off this board with these cases in other online communities. I posted about this one here because a body (pending identification) had been discovered. In other words, the case was moving into high gear. Take it in any direction that you like. I'll more than likely jump back in when something breaks regarding Brian Laundrie or whatever floats to the surface that I find interesting.

If any folks here are interested in following and if this is the first time...I can almost guarantee that if an arrest affidavit is published, it'll blow your mind. As these cases are unfolding there are many critics of LE and the FBI. People get frustrated they want answers NOW. That's not how it works.These agencies know what they're doing and in the end, they'll likely make a believer out of you.

Take the arrest affidavit for Barry Morphew that I linked to earlier. It's a veritable gold mine of evidence and forensic discovery that heretofore had not been released publicly. People harshly criticized the Chaffee County PD and FBI. In the end, they delivered the goods.
Interesting point about the Morphew affidavit. I'm reading that now.
BREAKING

My dear Lord. The remains of Suzanne Morphew have been found. Found on the 22nd. Identification (dental records) publicly confirmed an hour ago. I'm speechless. :shock:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SyH2_Itw_tc

Slava Ukraini!
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2023 10:52 pm
Lem wrote:
Wed Sep 22, 2021 12:12 am
Interesting point about the Morphew affidavit. I'm reading that now.
BREAKING

My dear Lord. The remains of Suzanne Morphew have been found. Found on the 22nd. Identification (dental records) publicly confirmed an hour ago. I'm speechless. :shock:

A curse be upon you for leading me to read the entire arrest affidavit. Was the husband charged? Tried? What a horrible case.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Thu Sep 28, 2023 3:58 am
Jersey Girl wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2023 10:52 pm
BREAKING

A curse be upon you for leading me to read the entire arrest affidavit. Was the husband charged? Tried? What a horrible case.
Sorry about that!

No he wasn't. Something about the court rejecting expert witnesses for the prosecution. I don't know why. But listen. If the forensics investigation of her remains and the site at which they were found turns up anything (after 3 years but still it's not impossible) the whole case is back on the table again and if there are any ties to him, it starts all over again with him as suspect.

The precise location hasn't been disclosed nor anything else regarding the condition of the remains, clothing, whatever else may have been found there. I think it'll be quite some time before any information re: forensics is made public and for all we know, it might not be made public until there's an arrest affidavit in place.

I just hope they have something. Anything. That provides some information as to what happened to her. We have to keep in mind that this is likely a dump site and not the actual location of the crime.

If you ask me, Barry Morphew is guilty but what do I know?

Slava Ukraini!
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Thu Sep 28, 2023 4:45 am
Res Ipsa wrote:
Thu Sep 28, 2023 3:58 am
Sorry about that!

No he wasn't. Something about the court rejecting expert witnesses for the prosecution. I don't know why. But listen. If the forensics investigation of her remains and the site at which they were found turns up anything (after 3 years but still it's not impossible) the whole case is back on the table again and if there are any ties to him, it starts all over again with him as suspect.

The precise location hasn't been disclosed nor anything else regarding the condition of the remains, clothing, whatever else may have been found there. I think it'll be quite some time before any information re: forensics is made public and for all we know, it might not be made public until there's an arrest affidavit in place.

I just hope they have something. Anything. That provides some information as to what happened to her. We have to keep in mind that this is likely a dump site and not the actual location of the crime.
Maybe not. A current theory is he kept her alive so cadaver dogs wouldn't respond, and then he killed her at the dump site.
If you ask me, Barry Morphew is guilty but what do I know?
I agree.