Anyone following the Gabby Petito case? (Breaking)

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Jersey Girl
God

Re: Anyone following the Gabby Petito case? (Breaking)

Post by Jersey Girl »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Sun Sep 19, 2021 9:15 pm
Possible evidence related to the case was found near Spread Creek, WY where the couple had been camping. Their van was recorded on a fellow traveler's travelog video discovered as they were editing it.

A body has been located in Grand Teton National Forest. Gender hasn't been identified. :shock:

Now, there's going to be an update/presser on the case in 45 minutes.

Briefly, Gabby and her fiancee' Brian Laundrie were cross country camping out West. He returned to Florida home without her. They were recorded on LE body cam during a traffic stop--they'd been fighting in the vehicle. Apparently she was hitting him. LE separated them for the night. No DV or assault charges were made. She fell off the map on or around Aug 28/29, some cell phone communications that could have been generated by fiancee'.

In any case, she's missing. He is also missing, I say he's running. He left his parent's Florida home on Tuesday. Parent's didn't disclose that there was an argument (or what it was about) and that he left on Tuesday, until Friday.

LE has the van. Because this crosses state lines, FBI is involved.

She's gone. He's gone. Now a body had been discovered at one of their camping areas.
I time stamped this video right where they show a clip from the vlogger's video of the van at the campsite at Spread Creek. The vlogger is the one speaking, then the clip starts. The location of the van in this clip is just down the road from where her body was found. Still shots I've seen show Gabby's flip flops on the ground behind the van. There's a kind of bush hat on the dash that matches a recent sighting in St. Augustine--photo of Brian Laundrie, but the photo hasn't been substantiated. It's probably a fluke.

https://youtu.be/AbUYj_CO-hc?t=157
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Lem
God

Post by Lem »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Mon Sep 20, 2021 3:56 pm
Jersey Girl wrote:
Mon Sep 20, 2021 6:29 am
3 hours ago

Family found note on Brian Laundrie's car
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ljv4py2ssz0
So the family went to look for him in the reserve and found his car with a note, but left the car for him. Then they went back the next day and retrieved the car. Suicide note?
If I recall correctly, the parents said it was a police note, as in ‘your car will be towed if you leave it here any longer.’
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Lem wrote:
Mon Sep 20, 2021 7:31 pm
Res Ipsa wrote:

So the family went to look for him in the reserve and found his car with a note, but left the car for him. Then they went back the next day and retrieved the car. Suicide note?
If I recall correctly, the parents said it was a police note, as in ‘your car will be towed if you leave it here any longer.’
I haven't seen that, Lem. It makes sense.

The FBI is currently loading an evidence van at the Laundrie's home. A neighbor filmed it where you could see agents coming out of the garage close up from the side, while loading the van. Big boxes of stuff, something that appeared to be a large trunk or suitcase. Two family vehicles have been towed and taken into custody.
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Lem wrote:
Res Ipsa wrote:

Thanks, Lem. That makes moving the car make much more sense.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Lem
God

Post by Lem »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Mon Sep 20, 2021 8:39 pm
Lem wrote:

Thanks, Lem. That makes moving the car make much more sense.
Yes. I didn’t get it at first, at ALL, because in Manhattan it’s just laughable to think a cop would politely give one a warning. No. :roll: Your car is towed and it’s up to you entirely to figure out how, why, and where!
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Holy s-word. The FBI has declared the Laundrie home in Florida a crime scene. :shock: The FBI is also now at the home of Laundrie's sister.

Slava Ukraini!
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

3 minute video

Gabby Petito’s final days: odd texts, growing tension, severe anxiety detailed in search warrant

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=no-g0TZcbX0

Includes information from the search warrant and the original call to police that resulted in the traffic stop. The person who made the call said Laundrie was hitting Gabby Petito and that's what prompted the person to contact LE.

Oh and it also includes the issue that made her mother suspect something was very wrong when "Gabby" referred to her grandfather by his first name in texts.

See how stupid criminals are?

Slava Ukraini!
Cultellus

Post by Cultellus »

Gorilla
Last edited by Cultellus on Mon Oct 04, 2021 3:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Cultellus wrote:
Tue Sep 21, 2021 2:28 pm
What the hell is Missing White Woman syndrome?
It's a media related term that describes the tendency on the part of the media to cover (and often extended coverage) cases involving white people, while cases involving Black people get shoved into the shadows. Virtually ALL of the cases deemed high profile involve white people and specifically, white women. I'd actually extend the term to include white children as well. Example, the current investigation into the disappearance of Summer Wells. When was the last time you heard anything on the front page about a Black child disappearing?

Over the past couple or more years, the high profile cases--Watts, Frazee, Morphew, and now Petito---all white women. All high profile cases due to media exposure. Even the murder of Gannon Stauch. White child, white perpetrator.

The arrest affidavit for Barry Morphew just dropped. I've got it on my computer. I haven't seen an arrest affidavit for cases involving POC announced. Ever. Those cases don't get the exposure.

These cases gain extensive media coverage. Those involving Black folks do not unless (in most cases) the POC is the suspect. It smacks of systemic racism and it's intended to sway your opinion and create bias.

Slava Ukraini!
Cultellus

Post by Cultellus »

Gorilla
Last edited by Cultellus on Mon Oct 04, 2021 3:18 am, edited 1 time in total.