Anyone following the Gabby Petito case? (Breaking)

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Jersey Girl
God

Re: Anyone following the Gabby Petito case? (Breaking)

Post by Jersey Girl »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Wed Oct 20, 2021 8:12 pm
The guy on the left might be the reason why people reported seeing Brian Laundrie on the AT:

He had his door kicked in by US Marshalls while staying at Fontana Village, which is 77 miles north of the trailhead in GA.

- Doc

Is that really the guy on the AT? crap, from the side he looks like a ringer for Brian Laundrie. There's new footage of a guy riding a bike in Florida (I think) that's also been made public.
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Holy cats. I just got word from my sis who lives in Florida that the FBI is holding a news conference at 4:30 EST....

10 minutes.

:shock:
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Horses mouth: Human remains along with personal items such as a backpack and notebook known to belong to Brian Laundrie. Forensics teams on site and will be there for several days.

Asking public to stay away to maintain the integrity of their work. All inquiries should be made to the lead office FBI Denver.

Slava Ukraini!
Kukulkan
High Priest

Post by Kukulkan »

I was always under the impression he wasn't going to be found alive. He never struck me as a cold blooded killer who planned it all out, more so that he probably killer her in a spat of delirious rage. I've interpreted his departure from his family off into the woods was solely with the intent of ending his own life. I don't think he planned on coming back.
"I advise all to go on to perfection and search deeper and deeper into the mysteries of Godliness." -Joseph Smith
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Kukulkan wrote:
Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:45 pm
I was always under the impression he wasn't going to be found alive. He never struck me as a cold blooded killer who planned it all out, more so that he probably killer her in a spat of delirious rage. I've interpreted his departure from his family off into the woods was solely with the intent of ending his own life. I don't think he planned on coming back.
That's very possible. Anything is possible in a true crime case. I hope the notebook is in good enough condition to examine. Perhaps there's a note of explanation within it's pages.

I try to keep in mind that no witnesses who have spoken out or whose attorney has spoken out on their behalf OR what investigators have released is even a small portion of the truth. Example, if as you say, he went into the swamp to never return--kill himself, he might have told his parents he was going to the Carlton Reserve and not to try to find him. That would make sense in the scenario that you offer. It would also explain why the public statements were such that they said he told his parents he was going to the Carlton Reserve (without releasing more detail of their conversation) and why investigators have maintained that they were searching the reserve based on tips. Those tips could have easily been the type of conversation that I supposed above and could have easily led to the outcome that you also suppose.

In any case, I hope that truth and fact will be the result of these new findings.

My guess is that if the partial remains are that of Brian Laundrie, the case will be closed. If that happens, I predict that the internet will erupt with witnesses filling in the blanks, but not necessarily the parents. Witnesses who saw them fighting, his sister, and the Petito family themselves might have more to day. I don't know if we'll ever see the discovery in the case, but it's possible because there are online sleuths that will try to get it via the FOIA if that's remotely feasible.

Slava Ukraini!
Kukulkan
High Priest

Post by Kukulkan »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:54 pm

I hope the notebook is in good enough condition to examine. Perhaps there's a note of explanation within it's pages.
I want to be hopeful that there is some information contained in this notebook that will shed some light on this whole situation. Perhaps a journal or letter left behind. Unfortunately the area where all of this was found was submerged under water for the past couple weeks.
"I advise all to go on to perfection and search deeper and deeper into the mysteries of Godliness." -Joseph Smith
Gadianton
God

Post by Gadianton »

If anyone is interested (I doubt it, but still)
I've been benefiting. Just been following this thread instead of checking CNN.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

What do you guys make of the people protesting, suing, and abusing the parents? I don’t know what to make of it. On the one hand I think they masterminded Brian Laundrie’s escape and had been abetting him, but on the other hand I don’t know that’s the case, and quite frankly I suspect a LOT of those harassers would do the same if surprised by their kin showing up with a dizzying story to tell.

How often do you think family helps a criminal ‘get away with it’, so to speak.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Gadianton
God

Post by Gadianton »

What do you guys make of the people protesting, suing, and abusing the parents?
It's wrong. I mean, I condemn the parents for helping him escape justice especially given this wasn't him in a dark alley in a conflict with a stranger. If there's a real potential mitigating circumstance, which is unlikely here, then I can accept family siding with family. But then, for people who have no conceivable connection to the matter to exact vigilante justice is totally wrong. Direct that pressure to LE to ensure the family didn't break any laws by not cooperating.

There are some really unhinged people out there that would persecute a family just the same for helping LE, just because it was their child.

If Brian Laundrie is dead by suicide or some fail camping operation, then his family has about as much karma for their cover-up as one can expect from this life.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Wed Oct 20, 2021 10:25 pm
What do you guys make of the people protesting, suing, and abusing the parents? I don’t know what to make of it. On the one hand I think they masterminded Brian Laundrie’s escape and had been abetting him, but on the other hand I don’t know that’s the case, and quite frankly I suspect a LOT of those harassers would do the same if surprised by their kin showing up with a dizzying story to tell.

How often do you think family helps a criminal ‘get away with it’, so to speak.

- Doc
Can I tell you something? More than one of those persons are youtubers making a buck off streaming their protests. I can name one of them for you via messages for you if you'd like to take a peek at what is called the Crama Community on YouTube, not to be confused with the True Crime Community.

Hell, I can show you one of them right in WFLA's live from today.

As to the remainder of the group, if they want to protest they are well within their rights so long as they are peaceful demonstrators. Yelling at the house as they have been, profits no one and nothing except the youtubers who are streaming for bucks. Going up on their property so far as I know, is trespassing. One of the youtubers (same one I had in mind) did that recently.

Slava Ukraini!