Anyone following the Gabby Petito case? (Breaking)

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Jersey Girl
God

Re: Anyone following the Gabby Petito case? (Breaking)

Post by Jersey Girl »

“F” ups.

Brian Laundrie Mistaken for Mom, Not Watched Carefully, Police Admit
https://www.newsweek.com/brian-laundrie ... it-1642439
The North Port Police Department said on Monday that they mistook Brian Laundrie for his mother, Roberta Laundrie while conducting surveillance on the household in early September.

The Laundrie family attorney, Steven Bertolino, recently explained that he told the FBI on Monday, September 13, that Laundrie had gone for a hike in Florida's Carlton Reserve and didn't return home. The North Port Police Department began conducting surveillance on Laundrie after his fiancé, Gabby Petito, was reported missing.

During a recent interview with WINK News in Florida, North Port Police Public Information Officer Josh Taylor said the department watched Laundrie leave his home on September 13 and then believed he returned home in his Ford Mustang on September 15. However, the North Port Police Department later learned that the person in the vehicle was Brian's mother, Roberta Laundrie.

"I believe it was it was his mom who was wearing a baseball cap," Taylor told the local news station. "They had returned from the park with that Mustang. So who does that? Right? Like, if you think your son's missing since Tuesday, you're going to bring his car back to the home. So it didn't make sense that anyone would do that if he wasn't there. So the individual getting out with a baseball cap we thought was Brian."
"When the family reported him on Friday. That was certainly news to us that they had not seen him," Taylor said. "We thought that we'd seen Brian initially come back into that home on that Wednesday...No case is perfect."
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

NewsNationNow's Brian Entin has been traveling out West for the past couple of days, visiting Moab, UT where the traffic stop took place and then on to WY to significant points of interest including Gabby's location when found.

His special report-- "Getting Answers: Gabby's Final Days" airs this evening @ 9 p.m. EST.

Here's his Twitter if anyone wants to see where he's been and accompanying photos/footage:

https://Twitter.com/BrianEntin?ref_src= ... r%5Eauthor

I plan to watch the special and comment about it here at some point.
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:17 pm
NewsNationNow's Brian Entin has been traveling out West for the past couple of days, visiting Moab, UT where the traffic stop took place and then on to WY to significant points of interest including Gabby's location when found.

His special report-- "Getting Answers: Gabby's Final Days" airs this evening @ 9 p.m. EST.

Here's his Twitter if anyone wants to see where he's been and accompanying photos/footage:

Example of weird reaction: I love that part of the country and I don't want to see any images that associate it with the young woman's murder.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Thu Oct 28, 2021 9:24 pm
Jersey Girl wrote:
Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:17 pm

Example of weird reaction: I love that part of the country and I don't want to see any images that associate it with the young woman's murder.
I get a sinking and solemn feeling when I see those images. I'm hoping to catch the special tonight if they live stream it or I'll wait for the replay to come up on youtube. Brian Entin is new to me and I've been impressed with his coverage thus far in that he seems like a straight shooter. Hard to find in broadcast journalism these days.

Slava Ukraini!
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

I think the live stream is at this link: https://www.newsnationnow.com/news-nation-live/

Then again, I dks so be mindful of that obvious fact.

Slava Ukraini!
Tinfoilhat
Valiant A

Post by Tinfoilhat »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Fri Oct 29, 2021 1:15 am
I think the live stream is at this link: https://www.newsnationnow.com/news-nation-live/

Then again, I dks so be mindful of that obvious fact.
Thank you thank you! I'm definitely going to watch this! Awesome 👌
Tinfoilhat
Valiant A

Post by Tinfoilhat »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:25 pm
I just want to repost this short (1:50) video on the thread from Real Gone GonZo in case anyone here might find it meaningful or would just like a visual moment to think on all that has taken place.

Gabby Petito rested here. 🦬💛🦬💛WY♡
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKlPch8udyQ
I watched it, what a great video!
Tinfoilhat
Valiant A

Post by Tinfoilhat »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Sun Sep 19, 2021 9:15 pm
Possible evidence related to the case was found near Spread Creek, WY where the couple had been camping. Their van was recorded on a fellow traveler's travelog video discovered as they were editing it.

A body has been located in Grand Teton National Forest. Gender hasn't been identified. :shock:

Now, there's going to be an update/presser on the case in 45 minutes.

Briefly, Gabby and her fiancee' Brian Laundrie were cross country camping out West. He returned to Florida home without her. They were recorded on law enforcement body cam during a traffic stop--they'd been fighting in the vehicle. Apparently she was hitting him. law enforcement separated them for the night. No DV or assault charges were made. She fell off the map on or around Aug 28/29, some cell phone communications that could have been generated by fiancee'.

In any case, she's missing. He is also missing, I say he's running. He left his parent's Florida home on Tuesday. Parent's didn't disclose that there was an argument (or what it was about) and that he left on Tuesday, until Friday.

law enforcement has the van. Because this crosses state lines, FBI is involved.

She's gone. He's gone. Now a body had been discovered at one of their camping areas.
You sure do know a lot about this case. Dang, you must be really smart.
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Thu Oct 28, 2021 9:24 pm

Maybe not so weird.

I tend to ignore music videos because I don’t usually want someone else’s cinematic interpretation to interfere with where my own mind wants to go with the music.

But, I might repeat that music whenever enjoying a certain activity or in a favorite place, to mentally program an association of that music with the mood prompted by that activity/place … later on, when listening to the same piece of music elsewhere, the same pleasant mood returns.

It makes sense that you’d not want to color your experience of a place by saturating it with the imagery and negativity of a murder event.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

I got distracted by in real life...getting ready for a sales event here...and missed the Brian Entin special. :roll: Here it is on replay if anyone cares to watch it. I'm just now starting it and so will not comment right now.

Getting Answers: Gabby's Final Days | NewsNation Prime Special Report

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQ7QBQal5t4

Run time is 42:18.

RI don't watch it. If there are legal issues or other matters of possible interest, I will time stamp them. I understand where you're coming from. The photo you see of Gabby standing in front of a wall painted with wings...that location is approx. 40 minutes from my home. It skeeves me out when I see their photos there, with the Peak in the background, and on the Sand Dunes.

And...Imma gone.

Slava Ukraini!