Anyone following the Gabby Petito case? (Breaking)

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Jersey Girl
God

Re: Anyone following the Gabby Petito case? (Breaking)

Post by Jersey Girl »

One of the youtubers is streaming the hell out of this case in real time. Person is a Florida resident so fully tuned to the locations, news outlets, police scanners, etc. It's quite fascinating to me.

So...hopefully the coroner's office has had enough time to contact the family and now the public (me) is waiting for the presser on the coroner's report. Ideally, it will announce cause and manner of death. If results are inconclusive...throws everyone off. Then they wait for the tox report. Apparently John Walsh is popping off about the case but I haven't been watching him at all.

For all anyone knows right this very second, they could have determined that she died from natural causes.

The hunt is still on in the Carlton Reserve--25K acres. Gov. DeSantis has ordered all state agencies to assist. They've got like wall to wall boots on the ground at this point, USAF flying over since it's a Federal case. Previously only drone coverage. I think the drones have thermal capability. It's all very interesting.

If you are an insane person. ;)
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Tue Sep 21, 2021 7:25 pm
Xenophon wrote:
Tue Sep 21, 2021 7:18 pm
Yes, but entirely unrelated to the thread. :lol: ;)
Screw you, Xeno.
I meant that entirely lovingly. <3
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Here's the doc drop of the arrest affidavit in the Barry Morphew case if anyone is in need of a bit of light reading. ;)

https://www.courts.state.co.us/userfile ... idavit.pdf

Slava Ukraini!
Lem
God

Post by Lem »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Tue Sep 21, 2021 7:33 pm
One of the youtubers is streaming the hell out of this case in real time. Person is a Florida resident so fully tuned to the locations, news outlets, police scanners, etc. It's quite fascinating to me.

So...hopefully the coroner's office has had enough time to contact the family and now the public (me) is waiting for the presser on the coroner's report. Ideally, it will announce cause and manner of death. If results are inconclusive...throws everyone off. Then they wait for the tox report. Apparently John Walsh is popping off about the case but I haven't been watching him at all.

For all anyone knows right this very second, they could have determined that she died from natural causes.

The hunt is still on in the Carlton Reserve--25K acres. Gov. DeSantis has ordered all state agencies to assist. They've got like wall to wall boots on the ground at this point, USAF flying over since it's a Federal case. Previously only drone coverage. I think the drones have thermal capability. It's all very interesting.

If you are an insane person. ;)
The family seems to have heard something, as they just released this:
"I want to personally thank the press and news media for giving the Petito and Schmidt family time to grieve," lawyer Richard Stafford said, referring to Petito's mom, dad, stepfather and stepmother. "We will be making a statement when Gabby is home. I will contact you to arrange a time and location."
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Yes that was just disclosed, the attorney statement. The poor family needs some time to process what they are hearing.

Slava Ukraini!
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Off to get the computer in closer proximity to the food dehydrator. Not multi tasking very well! :lol:

Slava Ukraini!
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Analysis travel vlogger video...door closing on the van, etc. 7 minutes and change.

Gabby Petito's van door, sandals, and driver seat. HQ Zoomed
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jl6nnNfMaJs

Slava Ukraini!
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Manner of Death: Homicide

Cause of Death: Pending final autopsy results.

Slava Ukraini!
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

FBI Denver

Slava Ukraini!
Lem
God

Post by Lem »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Tue Sep 21, 2021 9:14 pm
Manner of Death: Homicide

Cause of Death: Pending final autopsy results.
Teton County Coroner Dr. Brent Blue confirmed the remains are those of Gabrielle Venora Petito, date of birth March 19, 1999. Coroner Blue’s initial determination for the manner of death is homicide. The cause of death remains pending final autopsy results.
The attorney for Brian Laundrie was going to hold a press conference today, but last night he canceled, on the advice of FBI.

The autopsy results explain the change from missing person search to FBI criminal investigation, it seems.