Anyone following the Gabby Petito case? (Breaking)

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Re: Anyone following the Gabby Petito case? (Breaking)

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Yeah, bummer about the young woman. I understand she was trying to be Instagrammable or whatever e-celebs do to make money. I dunno. A couple of young adults, probably short on cash, trying to live the van life, not understanding as the days go by it’s a churn and not as fun or easy as they might’ve thought. I saw the clip where they were detained in Utah, so it seems like they were definitely in a downward spiral.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Lem
God

Post by Lem »

It's big out here, because as I understand it, Gabby Petito's family and Brian laundrie's family both are from blue point, long island, a tiny area, called a hamlet out here, pop. around 5,000 or so. The two grew up together. Laundrie's family now lives in Florida.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Lem wrote:
Sun Sep 19, 2021 10:50 pm
It's big out here, because as I understand it, Gabby Petito's family and Brian laundrie's family both are from blue point, long island, a tiny area, called a hamlet out here, pop. around 5,000 or so. The two grew up together. Laundrie's family now lives in Florida.
And that's probably one reason why this is considered a high profile case. The expanse of it's reach is astounding.

So coroner's report will come out soon. Hopefully identifying cause and manner of death. Tox report usually takes 6 weeks or more.
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Sun Sep 19, 2021 10:30 pm
Yeah, bummer about the young woman. I understand she was trying to be Instagrammable or whatever e-celebs do to make money. I dunno. A couple of young adults, probably short on cash, trying to live the van life, not understanding as the days go by it’s a churn and not as fun or easy as they might’ve thought. I saw the clip where they were detained in Utah, so it seems like they were definitely in a downward spiral.

- Doc
I don't disagree with your assessment. Couple of years ago my niece and her SO headed out on the same type of trip. Similar ages to this case. By the time they got here the converted short bus broke down south of us and they spent over a week here getting it resolved. Something something the altitude/freezing temps. The big guy here (genius mechanic) got it back on the road and then had to finally ditch the bus in a different state because some other problem, flew home. Then went back out again in a sedan with their gear. Enjoyed the rest of the trip. They were experienced primitive campers at the time and even when the bus broke down here, they were united in purpose so I think that made all the difference.
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Themis
Elder

Post by Themis »

Good possibility he may be dead.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Themis wrote:
Mon Sep 20, 2021 12:02 am
Good possibility he may be dead.

Dead or fled for sure. It looks like his parents gave him a running start.

Slava Ukraini!
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Autopsy scheduled for Tuesday. Hopefully coroner will be able to determine cause and manner of death. Then toxicology report. People are popping off on youtube and elsewhere wondering why the fiancee' hasn't been charged.

1. Currently there is no evidence that a crime has been committed.

2. No one knows where he is.

Slava Ukraini!
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

3 hours ago

Family found note on Brian Laundrie's car
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ljv4py2ssz0

Slava Ukraini!
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Mon Sep 20, 2021 6:29 am
3 hours ago

So the family went to look for him in the reserve and found his car with a note, but left the car for him. Then they went back the next day and retrieved the car. Suicide note?
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Mon Sep 20, 2021 3:56 pm
Jersey Girl wrote:
Mon Sep 20, 2021 6:29 am
3 hours ago

So the family went to look for him in the reserve and found his car with a note, but left the car for him. Then they went back the next day and retrieved the car. Suicide note?
I don't know about the contents of the note. But yes, that's what the parents did. The FBI are executing a search warrant on the parent's home right now.

Slava Ukraini!