Anyone following the Gabby Petito case? (Breaking)

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Chap
God

Re: Anyone following the Gabby Petito case? (Breaking)

Post by Chap »

There is clearly a lot going on here.

Jersey Girl - would it be possible for you to sum up the story so far in a few sentences, so people can decide whether they want to try to understand the current sequence of events?
Maksutov:
That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.
Mayan Elephant:
Not only have I denounced the Big Lie, I have denounced the Big lie big lie.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Chap wrote:
Thu Oct 21, 2021 10:05 am
There is clearly a lot going on here.

Jersey Girl - would it be possible for you to sum up the story so far in a few sentences, so people can decide whether they want to try to understand the current sequence of events?

Chap I can do that later today or tomorrow. I'll be busy all afternoon here.
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Twitter from Brian Entin of NewsNationNow
Brian Entin
@BrianEntin
·
1h
We have learned the remains found in the Carlton Reserve were "skeletal remains."
"Bones."
Brian Entin
@BrianEntin
·
1h
NEW: The medical examiner says he does not expect to have an identification of the remains today.
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

A presser is called, press alerted, resources set up, LE steps up to the mic, and says positively nothing about the discovery.

Law enforcement thanks partnership in search for Brian Laundrie
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQaN9MdkJ-8

Slava Ukraini!
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Thu Oct 21, 2021 10:33 pm

I just got home from town. THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!

Slava Ukraini!
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Well, I’m interested in reading your thoughts now that this has come to light.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Thoughts....the statement above is the first I'm hearing about this. It would be nice if they could determine cause and manner of death. I guess it's possible that they could do that depending on what they have to examine. Dental records implies a skull. But who knows what else there may have been. I would expect to hear something more about this in the coming days. So far as I know, the search is ongoing for scattered remains. There's the backpack, the dry bag, and the notebook that are yet to be addressed publicly.

Again, I haven't seen nor read anything else about this until just now coming on the board.

My guess is that witnesses (Utah, Wyoming, wherever, including members of the Petito and Laundrie families will start talking. Saying more than they were able to say previously.

And...we'll just see how this goes.

Slava Ukraini!
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Thu Oct 21, 2021 10:57 pm
Well, I’m interested in reading your thoughts now that this has come to light.

- Doc
Oh I just posted initial thoughts before seeing this post by you. We might have been posting at the same time. I'm going to stick with what I wrote in the wee hours yesterday, since I haven't had any time at all to process today's events re: FBI Denver press release. I just got in from a lengthy appointment. If I have more to say later, I will sure do that.

This is what I wrote in the wee hours of what was actually this morning. No, I wasn't up in the night on account of the case. A case of insomnia and thoughts about the case just collided in real time. ;-)
Jersey Girl wrote:
Thu Oct 21, 2021 8:42 am
Seriously, where are you people when I'm up having murder/suicide epiphanies in the middle of the night? Pray (atheists, you too) that the notebook (paper OR electronic) was in the dry bag. PRAY that the contents of the notebook are recoverable. PRAY that the contents tell the story...partial lies or not, because truth will be present somewhere between the lines.

Theory...guy kills his girlfriend in the throes of a narc rage. He drives back to Florida (funded by using her bank card) to bring the van and himself back home. Feeds his parents a line of crap when he gets back. Gabby is going to meet up with her friend in (wherever it was supposed to be) and fly back later. Meets up with his family members for the last time at Fort DeSoto, they don't know it's the last time they'll ever all be together again, but he does. He goes home, packs up his stuff, leaves the burner phone and his wallet behind (because he's reached the final “F” it stage) tells his parents he's going to take a hike (he means it) and don't come looking for him. He takes the Mustang to Carlton Reserve and goes off into the wilderness to off himself but before he does, he composes a suicide note that either says goodbye OR includes a confession that describes what happened and why it happened and puts the notebook in the dry bag ensuring that it will be found intact, then takes the Taurus 380 he allegedly owns and shoots himself to death.

Because the guy didn't go into the swamp to let himself be torn apart by panthers, alligators, or other forms of wildlife including wild boars...die that way. He's not into suffering. He simply went there to sort himself out or had already sorted himself out(I think so), and decided to off himself.

Do I think he was remorseful? Perhaps, but I tend to think not. I think he figured that he boxed himself into a corner, couldn't face a trial, or life in prison, and headed for the nearest exit.

Let's just see how it goes...

If you all think I am insane with the true crime stuff, feel free to keep it to yourself. ;)

I need to check the timeline again. I believe the Petito parents informed the Laundrie parents that they were going to call the police on 11 Sep. His parents at first reported on 17 Sep that they hadn't seen him since the 14th. Then, they changed that to the 13th. So...he already had the heads up that LE had been notified and he got out of Dodge before her body was located so he didn't have to face the consequences of what he had done because narcs aren't equipped to deal with consequences that aren't coming from them. Consequences coming TO them? They're gone. Because they cannot withstand the narcissistic injury involved in a court trial and public scrutiny/condemnation that goes with it.*

I'll try to refine this later. Or tomorrow. Which is actually now.

*Which is exactly why Chris Watt went belly up and confessed to his crimes. He said he confessed because he didn't want to put the families through a trial. Nonsense. He didn't want to put himself through a trial. He could barely keep himself from jumping out of his own skin during the sentencing phase, particularly during the victim impact statements.

Slava Ukraini!
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

ETA: I need to do some searching around to see what else I can find out from today. I'll be back eventually.

Slava Ukraini!