Anyone following the Gabby Petito case? (Breaking)

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Jersey Girl
God

Re: Anyone following the Gabby Petito case? (Breaking)

Post by Jersey Girl »

Marcus wrote:
Thu Sep 28, 2023 4:58 am
Jersey Girl wrote:
Thu Sep 28, 2023 4:45 am
Sorry about that!

No he wasn't. Something about the court rejecting expert witnesses for the prosecution. I don't know why. But listen. If the forensics investigation of her remains and the site at which they were found turns up anything (after 3 years but still it's not impossible) the whole case is back on the table again and if there are any ties to him, it starts all over again with him as suspect.

The precise location hasn't been disclosed nor anything else regarding the condition of the remains, clothing, whatever else may have been found there. I think it'll be quite some time before any information re: forensics is made public and for all we know, it might not be made public until there's an arrest affidavit in place.

I just hope they have something. Anything. That provides some information as to what happened to her. We have to keep in mind that this is likely a dump site and not the actual location of the crime.
Maybe not. A current theory is he kept her alive so cadaver dogs wouldn't respond, and then he killed her at the dump site.
If you ask me, Barry Morphew is guilty but what do I know?
I agree.
Oh how horrid. I haven't heard that theory yet. :shock:
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Res Ipsa wrote:
Thu Sep 28, 2023 3:58 am
A curse be upon you for leading me to read the entire arrest affidavit. Was the husband charged? Tried? What a horrible case.
Sorry about that!

No he wasn't. Something about the court rejecting expert witnesses for the prosecution. I don't know why. But listen. If the forensics investigation of her remains and the site at which they were found turns up anything (after 3 years but still it's not impossible) the whole case is back on the table again and if there are any ties to him, it starts all over again with him as suspect.

The precise location hasn't been disclosed nor anything else regarding the condition of the remains, clothing, whatever else may have been found there. I think it'll be quite some time before any information re: forensics is made public and for all we know, it might not be made public until there's an arrest affidavit in place.

I just hope they have something. Anything. That provides some information as to what happened to her. We have to keep in mind that this is likely a dump site and not the actual location of the crime.

That would be my bet.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Thu Sep 28, 2023 5:53 am
Jersey Girl wrote:
Sorry about that!

That would be my bet.
You know maybe the rejection of expert witnesses and ditching the first trial will turn out to have been a blessing in disguise. As a result of the discovery of her remains there could be evidence that ties BM directly to the murder that they didn't have before.

And they'll nail him this time.

I'm all about accountability and justice. I hope both can be had in this case.
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

What did I say? It's not over until it's over and even then, it's not over. It's never over.

Brian Laundrie told parents Gabby Petito was ‘gone’ three weeks before remains found

https://www.kiro7.com/news/trending/bri ... UO2QFLV74/
In a recent court filing, Petito’s parents said that Laundrie called his parents on Aug. 29, 2021, saying that Petito was “gone” and that he needed a lawyer.

The filing says that Laundrie’s mother and father contacted an attorney the same day as the call with them, sending a retainer to the lawyer, Steven Bertolino, on Sept. 2, 2021. Bertolino then retained legal representation for Laundrie in Wyoming, the complaint said, according to CNN.
The True Crime Community and national news outlets just blew a gasket. Again.

Slava Ukraini!
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

I'll bet. Awful case gets awfuller. :( :(
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.