Awesome Read: Driving in Britain

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

Awesome Read: Driving in Britain

Post by _Doctor CamNC4Me »

https://np.reddit.com/r/unitedkingdom/c ... g/d9tgeas/

[–]acid_clown [+1] 50 points 1 day ago

What "F"s me off more than anything is other people on the road getting in my damned way, do you know what "F"s me off more than other people on the road getting in my damned way?

It's other people driving around in their damned noddy cars pulling out in front of me and doing 20mph and then braking to let some other fuckwit out or let some stupid damned pedestrian cross the bastard road while we all sit there in the stinking traffic like a bunch of cunts. Then when we finally get going again, the damned lights change and we've all got to stop and wait for some cunting cyclist to cross the crossing because she's pressed the button which is for crapping pedestrians, but she doesn't give a damn because she's half cyclist, half pedestrian these days like some trans-transport freebird.

And then the lights change but ninety percent of the damned morons in the queue of traffic haven't had the foresight to predict, let alone see with their own damned eyes that the lights have changed and maybe they should make some concerted effort to get across the damned things before the next red light of denial springs up again. So instead of the seven to ten cars which should have made it across the lights, three damned dinlows roll on through before the lights go red again and I'm still stuck behind some damned glimpton with a hat on the parcel shelf and a local radio station sticker to display what kind of crap, inspiration numbing vibe is going on in their world for the next 3 minutes until the lights change again, and we make it through the lights...but then, "what's that ahead?" I telepathically hear the driver 4 cars ahead think to himself... "It's a cyclist, I've only got a few hundred feet of empty space to safely overtake, I better hesitate until some traffic comes the other w..." "oh, some traffic is coming the other way, I cannot possibly safely overtake the cyclist with a mere 100 yards of space"
So then we all have to damned wait for Simon the damned man in charge of the stationary cabinet to wait until the coast is clear before we can go around the cyclist without incident.
Then when the road widens from one into two lanes, nobody wants to filter down into the EMPTY right hand lane because everybody want to stay in the left hand lane to go straight on, even though the damned right hand lane goes straight on anyway, so everybody queues up like a bunch of damned retards blindly following the car in front like a big metal sheep in the left hand lane, leaving an entire damned lane empty while once again, we're all waiting for damned Helena who runs a daycare centre and has all the damned time in the world to finish checking Facebook on her damned phone before finally realising the traffic is moving and bam! The lights go red again, “F” SAKE!

The end of the day comes and its finally time to drive back to Bristol on a Friday night, but then every idiot in London decides to go for a weekend away in Cornwall, so I'm stuck on the M4 with these cunts for an extra 4 hours while we wait for Mr and Mrs pickerton's overturned caravan to be removed from the motorway because they overloaded it with holiday accessories and lost control on the big hill after the Bath junction, I lose the will to live and just set fire to myself on the carriageway because it's less painful than enduring another minute of hell on the roads of this grey, murky Island.

That pretty much sums up my experience of sharing the road with other people.

This is my first exposure to driving in Utah when I moved here last year:

- Doc

edited Briton to Britain because Driving in Briton has a very different connotation than what I was trying to convey.
In the face of madness, rationality has no power - Xiao Wang, US historiographer, 2287 AD.

Every record...falsified, every book rewritten...every statue...has been renamed or torn down, every date...altered...the process is continuing...minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Ideology is always right.