I may have to start watching Maddow again

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_subgenius
_Emeritus

Re: I may have to start watching Maddow again

Post by _subgenius »

The CCC wrote:It is not a link and run as defined by this board. Your Butt-Hurt still?

surprisingly, since Nov 8th 2016, my butt has yet to hurt...you still think anyone that you intended to see your link has actually clicked that link?
:biggrin:
Seek freedom and become captive of your desires...seek discipline and find your liberty
I can tell if a person is judgmental just by looking at them
what is chaos to the fly is normal to the spider - morticia addams
If you're not upsetting idiots, you might be an idiot. - Ted Nugent
_MeDotOrg
_Emeritus

Post by _MeDotOrg »

I used to really like Rachel, and I still watch her occasionally, but she is beginning to grate on me a little bit. She really drags out a story, building to a dramatic conclusion which rarely matches the buildup.

Steven Colbert did a great parody.
"The great problem of any civilization is how to rejuvenate itself without rebarbarization."
- Will Durant
"We've kept more promises than we've even made"
- Donald Trump
"Of what meaning is the world without mind? The question cannot exist."
- Edwin Land
_Dr. Shades
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr. Shades »

The CCC wrote:It is not a link and run as defined by this board. Your Butt-Hurt still?

subgenius is correct. By very definition it was "link-and-run" since you didn't even so much as attempt to explain or preview it in any way, shape or form.

You just linked and ran.

If it wasn't worth your time to explain it, then it's not worth my time to click on it.
"Finally, for your rather strange idea that miracles are somehow linked to the amount of gay sexual gratification that is taking place would require that primitive Christianity was launched by gay sex, would it not?"

--Louis Midgley
_EAllusion
_Emeritus

Post by _EAllusion »

Dr. Shades wrote:

subgenius is correct. By very definition it was "link-and-run" since you didn't even so much as attempt to explain or preview it in any way, shape or form.

You just linked and ran.

If it wasn't worth your time to explain it, then it's not worth my time to click on it.

Sub linked and ran right above him. Why single out CCC?
_Dr. Shades
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr. Shades »

EAllusion wrote:Sub linked and ran right above him. Why single out CCC?

Oops, you're right! I missed it.

subgenius, please don't make yourself guilty of the selfsame sin of which you accuse others.
"Finally, for your rather strange idea that miracles are somehow linked to the amount of gay sexual gratification that is taking place would require that primitive Christianity was launched by gay sex, would it not?"

--Louis Midgley
_Mayan Elephant
_Emeritus

Post by _Mayan Elephant »

Dr. Shades wrote:subgenius, please don't make yourself guilty of the selfsame sin of which you accuse others.

the OP was four words and a link and run.
"Rocks don't speak for themselves" is an unfortunate phrase to use in defense of a book produced by a rock actually 'speaking' for itself... (I have a Question, 5.15.15)
_Some Schmo
_Emeritus

Post by _Some Schmo »

MeDotOrg wrote:I used to really like Rachel, and I still watch her occasionally, but she is beginning to grate on me a little bit. She really drags out a story, building to a dramatic conclusion which rarely matches the buildup.

Steven Colbert did a great parody.

Her shtick has gotten old for me too. She's really lending credence to the idea of being a left-wing version of a Hannity in terms of cheesy sensationalism (I think she's brighter and more honest than Hannity, however).

I prefer Chris Hayes.
God belief is for people who don't want to live life on the universe's terms.
_The CCC
_Emeritus

Post by _The CCC »

Dr. Shades wrote:subgenius is correct. By very definition it was "link-and-run" since you didn't even so much as attempt to explain or preview it in any way, shape or form.

You just linked and ran.

My apologies I have seen it done before. It won't happen again. :redface:
_honorentheos
_Emeritus

Post by _honorentheos »

Folks like Rachel Maddow and Chris Matthews are propagandists. Even when the content they share aligns with my views their delivery and intent is in conflict. Never been a fan. Don't see that changing.
The world is always full of the sound of waves..but who knows the heart of the sea, a hundred feet down? Who knows it's depth?
~ Eiji Yoshikawa
_Mayan Elephant
_Emeritus

Post by _Mayan Elephant »

honorentheos wrote:Folks like Rachel Maddow and Chris Matthews are propagandists. Even when the content they share aligns with my views their delivery and intent is in conflict. Never been a fan. Don't see that changing.

i did not always feel that way about mathews. but i am trending that way for sure.

maddow makes my skin crawl. that annoying condescending schmirky nonsense is, to me, exactly exactly exactly the same professional quality and intellectual content as o'reilly.

every now and then she has a message that resonates, largely because i align with her politically for the most part. but damn she is an annoying nuisance.

honor, i am curious about your comment re intent and propaganda. what exactly are the elements of their work that makes you feel that way? i have been enormously annoyed with the way the media has made themselves the story, especially in the campaign cycle. trump and bannon were clever to use that to feed the beast and win the contest. your comment makes me think about this a bit differently. it feels as if they are doubling down on making themselves the story - and doing so by becoming more of the propaganda machine. i do not get the impression that there is any concern or interest in being less of the story, they want to be more of it.
"Rocks don't speak for themselves" is an unfortunate phrase to use in defense of a book produced by a rock actually 'speaking' for itself... (I have a Question, 5.15.15)