Biden Takes Georgia; Violence on Horizon

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
canpakes
God

Re: Biden Takes Georgia; Violence on Horizon

Post by canpakes »

honorentheos wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 4:49 am
It’s reported that vans, trash cans, and boxes full of ballots for Biden were brought in to be counted during the early morning hours ...
Lol. Yes, yes - of course. VANS full of ballots.

I don’t suppose anyone getting these emails has thought about that claim, and done just a bit of simple math as to how many reams of paper a typical van can hold. : D
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 3:58 am
“Should think...”

Ha. No. Never. He’s brainwashed beyond redemption. I took a shot at educating a Stolen Election Fool on a different forum yesterday. Did all the things we do here, which To be honest, this forum is remarkably high brow for the Internet, and it didn’t make a difference. It was constant pivoting, not reading, not sourcing, and when he did source something he used bad sources that when debunked he’d ignore and then simply repeat his claims. We ended up going in circles, and when I pointed out one of his repeats was previously addressed using a legitimate source (I actually used RI’s hotlink to the decision in PA - thanks RI) he claimed the court was corrupt and an entrenched bureaucracy that needs to be reformed, thus sidestepping the lack of evidence re: Trump’s nonsense claims.

- Doc
That's the hallmark of people enmeshed in conspiracy theories: all evidence is interpreted as evidence of the conspiracy.

A QAnoner died and went to heaven. As he approached the pearly gates, who did he see on the other side but Hillary Clinton. "St. Peter," he cried with alarm. "What's SHE doing here? Surely you don't let pedophiles who drink the blood of children into heaven!" St. Peter glanced around, saw Hillary, and chuckled. "Oh my poor child," he said. "All those stories you heard aren't true." The QAnoner thought for a moment, then muttered to himself. "My God. This thing goes up higher than I thought!"
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Lol.
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 3:10 am
“If I’m being manipulated by Trump ... then he is the greatest con man that ever lived in America,” Caleb Fryar said.”

He’s so, so close.

- Doc
It's so sad that he won't even consider that possibility. I don't see how anyone at all familiar with the Trump University scam could have any serious doubts that Trump is basically a con man. Certainly the many banks and contractors that Trump has cheated or defaulted on over his entire business career have very little doubt about that. The mere fact that he started out his political career denouncing the free press as the enemy of the people, like Hitler and Goebbels did when starting their ascent to tyranny, should have been a huge, bright red warning flag to anyone with even a passing acquaintanceship of the history of the rise of the Third Reich and the subsequent horrors of WWII. The fact that he also started out by demonizing minorities and blaming them for the ills of society, and trying to divide Americans against each other was also an unmistakable warning. These actions and techniques are right out of the playbook of the worst tyrants in history, including Hitler and Mussolini. It is heartbreaking to me that in this supposedly enlightened age there are still enough people in my country with enough bigotry and hatred in their hearts to be susceptible to such demagoguery.

It is not surprising that Caleb Fryar is a chiropractor. There are few fields of human endeavor and human activity more prone to pseudoscience, quackery and wild conspiracy theories than chiropractic.
Chiropractic is a pseudoscientific[1] complementary and alternative medicine (CAM)[2] that is concerned with the diagnosis and treatment of mechanical disorders of the musculoskeletal system, especially the spine.[3] Chiropractors, especially those in the field's early history, have proposed that such disorders affect general health via the nervous system.[3] The main chiropractic treatment technique involves manual therapy, especially manipulation of the spine, other joints, and soft tissues, but may also include exercises and health and lifestyle counseling.[4] Chiropractors are not physicians or medical doctors.[5][6]
There are two main groups of Chiropractors:
Chiropractic has two main groups: "straights", now the minority, emphasize vitalism, "innate intelligence", and consider vertebral subluxations to be the cause of all disease; "mixers", the majority, are more open to mainstream views and conventional medical techniques, such as exercise, massage, and ice therapy.[20
Most of the worst charlatans and quacks belong to the "straights" group. I have a good friend who is a chiropractor who is a "mixer." I have never had occasion or desire to utilize his services, but I have a high respect for him, and find him to be a highly intelligent, knowledgeable and rational man. He has a high respect for conventional medical science, and is not one of those prone to weird, off the rail pseudoscientific conspiracies.
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.
Vēritās
God

Post by Vēritās »

This is what MAGA Republicans have done to America in the age of Trump. We thought the violence may have ended with a wake up call after Jan 6, but here is a super MAGA Republican who was a failed candidate and after blaming election fraud for his loss, he began a campaign of terror shooting up places where Democrats lives.

Failed GOP Candidate Arrested In String Of Shootings At New Mexico Democrats' Homes
pena1.jpg
pena1.jpg (19.67 KiB) Viewed 405 times
pena2.jpg
pena2.jpg (51.72 KiB) Viewed 405 times
pen3.jpeg
pen3.jpeg (128.79 KiB) Viewed 405 times
I googled "Solomon Pena" and the first 6 pages turn up articles from just about every reputable news outlet. Nothing from FOX News or any other Right Wing rags. But if some obscure democrat on the other side of the moon had tried something like this it would be their headline for at least a week.
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal ...(there are) mentally challenged people with special needs like myself- Ajax18
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Republicans are putting their values into action.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace