I am sick of MG and that he's allowed to rule the roost here

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_sock puppet
_Emeritus

I am sick of MG and that he's allowed to rule the roost here

Post by _sock puppet »

Thread title says it all.
_Themis
_Emeritus

Re: I am sick of MG and that he's allowed to rule the roost

Post by _Themis »

Haven't noticed.
_sock puppet
_Emeritus

Post by _sock puppet »

Count this as my 17,063rd post (not to mention those as Nimrod before sock puppet). More importantly, count this as my last post as long as MG is allowed to post here, especially given that ludwigm is not.

Anyone that might want to contact me may PM either Tator or Philo Sofee, who will in turn pass the requests along to me to consider.

It's been real.

For me, MDB has run its course--it ran into MG.
_Res Ipsa
_Emeritus

Post by _Res Ipsa »

Sorry to see you go. I’ll miss you. Hope to see you back soon.
​“The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated communist, but people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists.”

― Hannah Arendt, The Origins of Totalitarianism, 1951
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

sock puppet wrote: More importantly, count this as my last post as long as MG is allowed to post here, especially given that ludwigm is not.

Shades can't tell you that ludwigm is actively posting here, so I will. He's got a different screen name.
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb
_Jesse Pinkman
_Emeritus

Post by _Jesse Pinkman »

Check your PM's, Sock Puppet.
So you're chasing around a fly and in your world, I'm the idiot?

"Friends don't let friends be Mormon." Sock Puppet, MDB.

Music is my drug of choice.

"And that is precisely why none of us apologize for holding it to the celestial standard it pretends that it possesses." Kerry, MDB

Post by _Lemmie »

sock puppet wrote:Count this as my 17,063rd post (not to mention those as Nimrod before sock puppet). More importantly, count this as my last post as long as MG is allowed to post here, especially given that ludwigm is not.

Anyone that might want to contact me may PM either Tator or Philo Sofee, who will in turn pass the requests along to me to consider.

It's been real.

For me, MDB has run its course--it ran into MG.

So very, very sorry to hear, sock. I always enjoyed Ludwigm's posts as well, it is indeed a strange situation. Hope you consider returning someday. We'll miss you.
_Dr Exiled
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr Exiled »

What? Mak now you? You and Mak have always been my two favorites over here and both really helped me in my final transition out. We can't let a passive aggressive jerk kill this board.

I've found the best way to deal with passive aggressive people is to point out the passive aggressive behavior and then not respond. My guess is that the silent treatment will eventually drive him off or he'll change his ways.
"Religion is about providing human community in the guise of solving problems that don’t exist or failing to solve problems that do and seeking to reconcile these contradictions and conceal the failures in bogus explanations otherwise known as theology." - Kishkumen 
_mentalgymnast
_Emeritus

Post by _mentalgymnast »

Exiled wrote:I've found the best way to deal with passive aggressive people is to point out the passive aggressive behavior and then not respond. My guess is that the silent treatment will eventually drive him off or he'll change his ways.

That's where some of the residents of Shady Acres sort of messed up. They readily and repeatedly pointed out the "passive aggressive behavior" (which they will most probably continue to do) but then responded anyway and fanned the flames.

Epic fail.

I expect they will change their ways. One can only hope.

Regards,
MG

*oops. edit to add...sorry, I forgot that I wasn't going to post on any of these "All About MG" threads anymore. Impulsive response and memory failure. It won't happen again. Apologies.
_cwald
_Emeritus

Post by _cwald »

mentalgymnast wrote:*oops. edit to add...sorry, I forgot that I wasn't going to post on any of these "All About MG" threads anymore. Impulsive response and memory failure. It won't happen again. Apologies.

Yes. It will.
"Jesus gave us the gospel, but Satan invented church. It takes serious evil to formalize faith into something tedious and then pile guilt on anyone who doesn’t participate enthusiastically." - Robert Kirby

Beer makes you feel the way you ought to feel without beer. -- Henry Lawson